Supposed to be *recruited*. Pardon the typo.

I have successfully converted 4 of my friends into iPhone users and 2 are expected to pick up one next week and others are inquiring about getting one. Each of us had had/have a blackberry at some point and 4 of my friends are saying "I should have been got an iPhone" and the other 2 are switching from Sprint to AT&T next week. I was telling them all before they need to get an iPhone and slowly they conceded and are very happy with their choice. I told, it doesn't hurt to try. If you don't like it, take it back or sell it and if you do then it's all good. I haven't found anyone yet that wasn't pelased that I told to get one. It's funny because I did the same thing with my friends for blackberries 2 years ago and we were all one big happy BB family.

Have you recruited anyone to the iPhone? What were their reactions?

Apple/AT&T need to put some of us on payroll LOL (J/K)
    07-10-09 10:34 AM
    lol, i just brought 3 over myself since changining over. i was told by one yesterday that apple should pay me for pushing mobileme so hard!
    07-10-09 10:53 AM
    lol, i just brought 3 over myself since changining over. i was told by one yesterday that apple should pay me for pushing mobileme so hard!
    LOL. When I had the 3G, I really didn't try to convince my friends as much because I was still carrying a Bold. I couldn't justify them getting a device and/or switching services when it still felt inadequate to me. But after 3.0 and 3GS, I've been telling everyone to at least try one. If it's not for you, cool, but give it shot. Especially, because I work with most of my friends with church and other activities so I def wanted them to have the best device out there to get stuff that we need done.
    07-10-09 10:57 AM
    I've converted alot.. of course I'm the BES/Carrier admin for my company..

I've converted at least over a dozen, maybe more.
    07-10-09 12:33 PM
    Yeah I have done a few already myself. I really lovbe what Mobileme does worthwhile buy as well.
    07-11-09 12:09 AM
    I just took my phone out and they said, "OMG, can I play with your phone?!?!?". Then a few weeks later, my friend wants the 3G S. So yeah, just 1 recruited for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 05:56 AM
    My two daughters and I just became iPhone converts this month after using Blackberries for years (contracts were up with AT&T so it was the perfect time) ... 3.0 and 3Gs simply leveled the playing field. For me the biggest deciding factor is the email folder access with iPhone -- I had had enough of the crappy BIS. Blackberry, you could have kept me if you had treated your BIS customers like your BES ones. Plus I have a Mac and was frankly getting tired of jumping through hoops to make the Mac and BB play nice together. Now everything just works" as others have said -- amazingly simple synchronization with MobileMe email, calendar, contacts etc. I've had my iPhone for 2 days and I think I can type just as well as I did on the BB. Just my 2 cents worth ... I think that RIM needs to improve its BIS product and embrace Mac users with a real desktop application etc. or they'll continue to lose market share to the improving iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 04:02 AM
    I re-recruited my self after i had the 2g and left for the storm but now im on the 3GS more memory its faster than even my storm at least no crashes.
    07-12-09 10:55 AM
    I recruited a lot, lost count. I recruit for the BlackBerry as well, but after playing with both my Bold and iPhone, most choose iPhone as push email isn't a priority.
    07-12-09 12:08 PM
    I recruited a lot, lost count. I recruit for the BlackBerry as well, but after playing with both my Bold and iPhone, most choose iPhone as push email isn't a priority.
    Yeah I def recruited for blackberry before but ever since 3.0 was announced and the 3GS, that was over. Probably won't until I see some big changes in the UI and OS of blackberry. 5.0 is just going to be 4.7 with some improvements but not enough to warrant me going back to blackberry.
    07-12-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD