I just got the notification from Crackberry that BerryBuzz 2.0 was now available. I purchased it for $2.99 which is the upgrade price from v1.0. I got the download email, however when I try to download it OTA, I get an HTTP Error 500, I click on Details and it says 'java.lang.NullPointerException' ... did anyone download this on there device from the OTA link? (I am using a Storm).
    07-10-09 08:20 AM
    Yup, just got the same trying to download.
    07-10-09 08:22 AM
    I think its lame that we have to pay for the upgrade. We purchased the freakin thing already...all upgrades should be free.
    07-10-09 08:25 AM
    Honestly, what a f***ing joke, the fact that we paid for the damn thing and now have to pay an upgrade fee. That's pathetic. I don't give a **** what you added to it or changed about it, I own it, I bought it, I shouldn't have to pay for it again.
    07-10-09 08:32 AM
    Well we paid for it, and as of now, still can't get it (even though it will get fixed...eventually)
    07-10-09 08:33 AM
    I paid the upgrade fee but now I cant download the update - same error as OP
    07-10-09 08:34 AM
    I also purchased the upgrade with no download love!
    07-10-09 08:42 AM
    I just bought berrybuzz last night...got the upgrade notification this morning...just did it following the prompts starting at the email and it didnt charge me.
    07-10-09 08:43 AM
    The download file on mobihand.com was corrupt. It should be working now.
    I was able to download it by using the following link... //m.bellshare.com/berrybuzz . After that I had to reboot and was prompted to enter the registration code.
    it said i had to purchase the upgrade but then i just added it to my cart again and it was free but i'm getting the same error.

EDIT:
    Just tried it again from the crackberry email i got and the link worked
    07-10-09 08:46 AM
    The download is working now
    07-10-09 08:51 AM
    what exactly are the changes
    07-10-09 08:58 AM
    It's still wanting to download the original 1.0.25 version.......not the upgraded 2.0.

EDIT: nvm, I went to the m.bellshare website and got it working
    07-10-09 09:01 AM
    im a sucker and im going to buy this but just wondering... did the original come with updates? because whats the point of making version numbers like 1.0.25 and going straight to 2.0. most app makers usually update through 1.X and then sell a major upgrade at 2.X... well i guess they can do whatever they please but i just feel like there would be a lot more people happy with this company if those that bought v1 were given this update.
    07-10-09 09:12 AM
    i looked in my sound profiles and there is no option under other for berrybuzz email reminders which was there before i updated and now you cant set email settings for all emails and now there all separate not a big deal.
    07-10-09 09:14 AM
    So, how exactly do I create a custom color? I can name it fine, and change the brightness, but I can't seem to actually move the selector along the color spectrum. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I tried clicking, sliding my finger, highlighting with two fingers, etc...
    07-10-09 09:19 AM
    So, how exactly do I create a custom color? I can name it fine, and change the brightness, but I can't seem to actually move the selector along the color spectrum. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I tried clicking, sliding my finger, highlighting with two fingers, etc...
    Mobihand does not correctly list the Storm version yet. Please download from Bellshare - BerryBuzz

The selector will only correctly work on the Storm with the OS 4.7 version.
    07-10-09 09:20 AM
    I am very dissapointed with Bellshare's decision to charge for an upgrade. I purchased BerryBuzz and continued to have problems with the LED Coverage Indicator not working after message received, as well as the speed of the message LED NEVER slowing down. To my knowledge, they never came out with fixes for these issues with a pushed upgrade. I also didn't see the LED indicator fix in their update notes. When I purchase something, it should work as expected, and I shouldn't be bullied into paying for an "upgrade".
    07-10-09 09:29 AM
    im a sucker and im going to buy this but just wondering... did the original come with updates? because whats the point of making version numbers like 1.0.25 and going straight to 2.0. most app makers usually update through 1.X and then sell a major upgrade at 2.X... well i guess they can do whatever they please but i just feel like there would be a lot more people happy with this company if those that bought v1 were given this update.
    I agree about it going right from 1.0.25 to 2.0 without any major updates. Really just an attempt to get more $. I love the app, but come on now guys, that's really underhanded.

So I got the e-mail this morning to update and when going into my Crackberry App Store account it gives me a link to upgrade for 2.99. When I click that the price immediate goes to 5.95.

Do I have to completely repurchase the app? I will fork over the 2.99 for an upgrade (begrudgingly) but I'm not paying for the app again. That's robbery!
    07-10-09 09:30 AM
    I'm a little miffed. I just purchased this app on June10 and its making me pay the upgrade price. To have an app for one month then have to pay $2.99 for an upgrade is BS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 09:35 AM
    This is the exact email I got. I did NOT pay for an upgrade and now have 2.0.64

Hello **********,

BerryBuzz 2.0 - Custom LED Colors, Repeating Alerts and more!, which you previously purchased for your mobile device, has been updated to version 2.0.64.

If you wish to upgrade, you can do so by downloading the latest version from your account management page at My Account (Smartphone - MobiHand Software Store Account)

Note: Most of the same version updates upgrade (i.e. from version 2.1 to version 2. 2) are free and most of the major upgrades (i.e. from version 2 to version 3) might require an upgrade fee.

Developer Message:

New in Version 2.0:
    - Added support for BlackBerry Messenger (yep, we did it)
    - Added support for Facebook
    - Added support for MMS
    - Added coverage indicator that can be triggered when Radio/Data is available or when Radio/Data is not available
    - Added support for custom LED colors
    - Added new color 'Disco', will flash all colors in sequence
    - Added LED color preview indicators to every item
    - If multiple notifications with same LED color are active, the LED will only flash once for that color
    - Mail notifications are now cleared only after messaging app has been opened
    - Added new option to stop LED flashing after specified time
    - Added new option to stop reminders after specified time
    - Added option to set LED flashes interval
    - Added option to set slow LED flashes interval
    - Added option to set slow LED flashes interval for new coverage indicator
    - Added scheduling option to mute LED and reminders during specified times of the week
    07-10-09 09:36 AM
    I paid $2.99 for the product, which did not bother me. Paying for this upgrade is like purchasing downloadable content for a video game, an expansion for a computer program, or a sequel to a popular piece of software. Sure, I'd love for those things to be free, but it's certainly not something I expect.
    07-10-09 09:42 AM
    How did you get through not paying for an upgrade? It won't let me bypass that option.
    07-10-09 09:44 AM
    How did you get through not paying for an upgrade? It won't let me bypass that option.
    when you added the upgrade to your cart did it add a $2.99 and a $0.00
    07-10-09 09:46 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD