I found this article browsing the internet and though it was well worth sharing.

There are quite a few keyboard settings on the Blackberry Storm that are easily misunderstood. I�ll go over the most confusing ones here. These can be found in Options> Screen/Keyboard> Key Rate, Tap Interval, Hover Period, and Swipe Sensitivity.

Key Rate:
    Key rate determines how fast the key repeats after holding it down. The two uses that I have found for this on the Storm include how fast it will capitalize a letter, and how fast it will delete characters. To test this turn it all the way up to fast, type something, then hold delete. I like setting this to fast to allow me to capitalize letters quicker. (Fastest:Fast, Slowest:Slow)

Tap Interval:
    Tap interval determines the amount of time between clicks to register as a double tap, similar to double clicking on a PC. A higher value will allow you to double tap slower and still get the effect. Try using the browser and double tapping to zoom in to test this. (Fastest:100, Slowest:500)

Hover Period:
    Hover period determines the amount of time you can place your finger on a hover object before it is registered as a hover. A higher value here will make the period longer, and require you to hold your finger on an object longer before the action takes place. An example of this is when you hover on a message in your inbox it will filter out all messages from that contact. You can also see the change when modifying text with the cursor. (Fastest:100, Slowest:1000)

Swipe Sensitivity:
    Swipe sensitivity determines how sensitive the device is to flicking or swiping across the screen. You can test this by flicking or scrolling through images, or messages. A higher value will make this faster, and allow you to scroll and flick faster. (FastestHigh)6, SlowestLow)0)

Recommendations:
    What do I recommend to set these at? This is currently what I have setup:
    Key Rate: Fast
    Tap Interval: 100
    Hover Period: 100
    Swipe Sensitivity: (High)6

Explanation:
    Fastest key rate, fastest double tap, fastest hover register, greatest sensitivity.
    07-10-09 07:04 AM
    Great info. I'll try those settings. Thanks for the post.
    07-10-09 07:11 AM
    Note: On .148 (faster OS) most prefer key rate>normal b/c setting 2 fast causes: pressing (not holding) bb/menu key pulls up app switcher instead of menu & return/escape key exits browser instead of backing up a page.
    07-10-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD