I downloaded BerryScanner to my Bold and my question is: Will AT&T charge me for using BerryScanner since it's streaming/buffering over their network and not Wi-Fi? I have the BlackBerry/BIS Plan.
    07-09-09 10:43 AM
    Unless you don't have the ulimited BIS plan then yes they will charge you but if you do have the unlimited plan you shouldn't have any problems seeing as you pay for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 10:45 AM
    Okay. That's what I figured.
    07-09-09 10:46 AM
    Please don't tell me this is also "not supported in canada"
    07-09-09 10:58 AM
    It is. I think.

07-09-09 11:12 AM
    It does work in Canada.
    07-09-09 11:36 AM
    Yep, but in my municipality, its only Firefighter band ... Kinda pointless when you're trying to avoid cops.

neat app tho definately
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-09-09 at 12:53 PM. Reason: content moderation
    07-09-09 11:55 AM
    Its sweet!!

07-09-09 11:57 AM
    i bet the german band would be pretty funny. i tried to listen to it today, but nobody said anything. i guess they were all asleep and there's no crime at night....
    07-09-09 01:02 PM
    I haven't been able to get the app to work. This is a copy of the error report I sent:

BerryScanner 0.4.3
    ----------------------------------
    PIN:
    Device: 9000
    OS Version: 4.6.0.282
    Config file does not exist
    Attempting to connect via WiFi
    Failed to connect via WiFi, Exception: Permission denied
    Attempting to connect via cell network
    Failed to connect via cell network, Exception: Permission denied
    Failed to retrieve directory.

Did you follow the configuration instructions exactly as provided?
    07-09-09 01:42 PM
    I haven't been able to get the app to work. This is a copy of the error report I sent:

BerryScanner 0.4.3
    PIN:
    Device: 9000
    OS Version: 4.6.0.282
    Config file does not exist
    Attempting to connect via WiFi
    Failed to connect via WiFi, Exception: Permission denied
    Attempting to connect via cell network
    Failed to connect via cell network, Exception: Permission denied
    Failed to retrieve directory.

Did you follow the configuration instructions exactly as provided?
    Check their site, there were instructions on correcting APN settings.
    07-09-09 01:45 PM
    This program is no good for me as my town is not listed.
    07-09-09 05:25 PM
    great app to have walking around the mall with it on acting like ur an undercover cop or some special agent. The bad is you have to pick which county to listen too. I wish they have some function where you can scan for cops hiding out in the freeway.
    07-09-09 05:30 PM
    I turned it on for Briscoe Field. I don't even know wtf that is. Some place where I live though, in GA. I was hoping for something a little more interesting to come on....but half the things that were said were unintelligible anyway. I couldn't make out anything.

I was surprised I didn't hear anything about getting doughnuts or Moe's or something.

The cops around here are usually very, very rude to me (because I have long, shaggy hair, so I automatically am assumed to be a troublemaker). I did meet one really kind one though. I keep hoping to meet another one like him someday...so far, not looking too great.
    07-09-09 07:34 PM
    The cops around here are usually very, very rude to me (because I have long, shaggy hair, so I automatically am assumed to be a troublemaker). I did meet one really kind one though. I keep hoping to meet another one like him someday...so far, not looking too great.
    cops are rude everywhere...to almost everyone. i generally clean up well but the brow piercing never helps me get outta tickets
    07-10-09 08:38 AM
    cops are rude everywhere...to almost everyone. i generally clean up well but the brow piercing never helps me get outta tickets
    It's so messed up. I know several females (one's a 38 year old woman, even, so no, they aren't all teens or in 20's or anything) who easily avoid expensive traffic tickets and whatnot when they get pulled over, just because they are attractive and flirt with the officer. So, they get to pay less on the road because of this, COMBINED with already having a WAYYY way way cheaper car insurance just because they are not male (stereotypes much? when are we going to finally do away with this?). And THEN later on the guy is (usually) supposed to pay for some big, grand, expensive-as-all-h*ell wedding?! PFFFT!

*end rant here*

Really though, sometimes I am very tempted to just shave my head or go back to a crew cut like I had as a little boy, so I'll quit being automatically looked down upon by authorities for having long, shaggy hair.
    07-10-09 09:12 AM
    very neat application, no problem installing it.

it just don't have my county in the list for now.
    07-10-09 10:42 AM
    Cops are often on power trips whenever u give them a badge and a gun

07-10-09 12:33 PM
    Cops are A-Holes, but I never get ticketed and I'm forever getting pulled over. I carry a gun with me everywhere I go, and most cops are so happy that you were up front about the weapon that they usually forget the traffic violation. Couple that with my Purple Heart license plate, military I'd, and me having to use a cane to get out of the truck., and I get off with a warning 98% of the time.

But every once and a while I'll run into some pencil neck with a complex who just has to show everyone who's in charge.

07-10-09 01:24 PM
    Pfft, i got pulled over the day before i left for a deployment, rushing to the airport to catch my flight to return from leave, showed the officer my military ID and my orders, this was 4/14 of last year and i left on deployment on 4/15! needless to say he said "well you can always take care of it whenever you get back" a$$hole for sure!
    07-10-09 06:59 PM
    The police in my town are not rude unless your rude to them, all of them here are pretty good.
    07-10-09 08:43 PM
    Interesting app.

It works fine in Canada. I was listening to the OPP in the York region area about 5pm today for about 30 minutes.
    07-11-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD