I just got my fourth storm from verizon, well when I got it the first thing I checked was where the phone was made. To my suprise it said hungery, is my phone a refurbed 9500? My keyboard has a small glob icon and it let's me chane languages. I really don't want this phone I only boot at 47 and that's even after I shrunk the OS, after 30 minutes I'm down 7mb! This is crap and this is my rant! :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 02:04 AM
    No the phone is not a 9500 (Although the 9500/30 are the same hardware wise) as for the memory leak that's very extreme 47 to 7MB in 7 minutes? Also 47 MB on boot up is not bad.
    07-09-09 02:14 AM
    Yes its bad my same storm boots at 54 and its from mexico..this phone only boots at 47 and it has way less on it.

07-09-09 02:23 AM
    Hmmmm ok but still it shouldn't matter where the Storm is made. However if the case of the memory leak is really as bad as you say and a wipe and reinstall doesn't fix the issue well get a replacement or better way find a way to score a tour.
    07-09-09 02:48 AM
    I just got my fourth storm from verizon, well when I got it the first thing I checked was where the phone was made. To my suprise it said hungery, is my phone a refurbed 9500? My keyboard has a small glob icon and it let's me chane languages. I really don't want this phone I only boot at 47 and that's even after I shrunk the OS, after 30 minutes I'm down 7mb! This is crap and this is my rant! :/

That would surprise me too. You sure it wasn't Tarkey? AND, your phone TALKS? ..... cooooool.
    07-09-09 03:04 AM
    Settle down. Mine boots at like 20 and it runs fine, I've even hit 0.0kb at times and it still ran well. DON'T WORRY ABOUT APP MEMORY, ONLY WORRY ABOUT IT IF THE PHONE IS FREEZING!

07-09-09 03:06 AM
    To my suprise it said hungery,
    my same storm boots at 54 and its from mexico

Huh?

07-09-09 06:12 AM

Could you be so kind as to post a clear picture of the Hungery built storm, please....... They were only being built in canada and mexico
    07-09-09 06:40 AM
    Wrong my storm is a hungary built device. And to bajan the 9500/30 are different the 9500 does not have a CDMA radio in it.

07-09-09 06:54 AM
    yeah I also have a storm at the moment made in Hungery. Its not all uncommon, having to have so many replaced storms, I think I got every country the phone has been made in so far.
    07-09-09 08:01 AM
    Settle down. Mine boots at like 20 and it runs fine, I've even hit 0.0kb at times and it still ran well. DON'T WORRY ABOUT APP MEMORY, ONLY WORRY ABOUT IT IF THE PHONE IS FREEZING!

yeah until you go to look at your emails and see that they have all been deleted without telling you
    07-09-09 08:04 AM
    I really don't want this phone I only boot at 47 and that's even after I shrunk the OS, after 30 minutes I'm down 7mb! This is crap and this is my rant! :/

by the way, you must have a pretty big memory leak in that lastest replaced phone you got. the storm i have boots at around 40, but also drops, but not as big of a drop to 7 like you said in a half hour. Its obviously a reburb phone, so if you still have problems with it, just send it back again
    07-09-09 08:05 AM
    I am on my 7th storm but mine are due to crappy surepress issues and dust under the screen......

Makes me wonder if the storm 2 will be worth it build quality wise and hopefully will be a small fee to upgrade to it if any due to the constant issues I and others have had with this phone.
    07-09-09 09:37 AM
    OK - just to clarify, the country referred to is spelled HUNGARY.

There is no such place as Hungery. The irony of someone obsessing over the details of the country of origin and then looking at, reading, and posting the country name and then spelling it wrong amuses me.

Who cares if it was made on the moon by one-legged pygmies? - Does the damn thing work?

07-09-09 12:37 PM
    Ok hungary, its pretty annoying trying from my storm on these threads. Back the the discussion, My current storm has a world icon in the keyboard screen and it kills about 7mb of memory. Compaired to my storm im sending back i loaded at 54mb and this loades at only 46mb that really is a big difference. Its annoying to see the world icon and every time I type with it I see EN in the corner.
    07-09-09 01:55 PM
    OK - just to clarify, the country referred to is spelled HUNGARY.

There is no such place as Hungery. The irony of someone obsessing over the details of the country of origin and then looking at, reading, and posting the country name and then spelling it wrong amuses me.

Who cares if it was made on the moon by one-legged pygmies? - Does the damn thing work?

I just copied the previous spelling, so thanks for correcting that. AND NO THE PHONE ISN'T WORKING RIGHT. I have nothing against the country, I actually had an awsome K-9 dog from there.
    07-10-09 07:32 AM
    @alex1, lol, Tarkey was not lost on me!
    07-10-09 09:56 AM
    First of all the chances of you getting another storm that loads at 54mb is very very very very small. Each phone is different. I am not sure as to WHY it is dropping to 7mb but it's not the phone itself. Go to options and findout WHICH OS you have installed.
    07-10-09 10:11 AM
    CB>VZW

.151 ftw

07-10-09 03:53 PM
    CB>VZW

.151 ftw

+1

also the storm runs just fine for me when memory drops as low as 8mb (havent really seen it below that)

I'm wondering if free mem is as big of an issue as some make it to be, other than bragging rights
    07-10-09 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD