For the vast majority of my web browsing, I find the column view to be ideal (even better than alternative browsers) is there a way to set this as the default? It is a pain to alter the setting every time I load a page.

Thanks.
    07-09-09 01:39 AM
    On the browser, go under options, general properties. It's roughly halfway down the page. You're looking for "default view."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mtrog likes this.
    07-09-09 01:43 AM
    yeah... I thought there should be something like that, but I'm not seeing it.

Default Browser, some font options, javascript stuff, and then prompts
    07-09-09 01:47 AM
    It should be right under "minimum font style."

07-09-09 01:49 AM
    It should be right under "minimum font style."

Definitely there on my 8900 but the OP is using a Bold and that model may not have the option to default the column view.

It is amazing what a difference "column view" makes in using the BB browser. I was not totally loving life with my new 8900 until I found out about swapping the default view to column and immediately after I did that, life on the 8900 became very sweet.
    07-09-09 02:38 AM
    Definitely there on my 8900 but the OP is using a Bold and that model may not have the option to default the column view.

It is amazing what a difference "column view" makes in using the BB browser. I was not totally loving life with my new 8900 until I found out about swapping the default view to column and immediately after I did that, life on the 8900 became very sweet.
    The Bold DOES have that option. I had it set to column view on my Bold before I changed over to an 8900.

07-09-09 02:39 AM
    The Bold DOES have that option. I had it set to column view on my Bold before I changed over to an 8900.

Cool deal. You are on top of everything.
    07-09-09 02:47 AM
    I was just wondering how to do the same thing! Thanks!
    07-09-09 07:16 AM
    On the browser, go under options, general properties. It's roughly halfway down the page. You're looking for "default view."

I set it to default on my Tour...but I don't see a whole lot of difference between how the pages are rendered.
    11-25-09 10:11 AM
    Mine is the 9780 with os 6.0.0.600 and have tried everything suggested and cannot find the column view. Thanks for all attempts to help. I much prefer this view but it simply is not there on my phone.
    07-29-11 09:45 AM
    There is no option for column view in 6.0 OS.. Its now zoom in and the browser should wrap the text around like column view style, but that only works on some websites.. That's one of the reasons I stayed with 5.0 OS on my 9330 curve 3G, because 6.0 OS IMO is missing one important feature and that's column view for me!

07-29-11 10:41 AM
    Ditto. But I think the pinch to zoom aspect of the OS on the soon to be released (?) 9900/9930, will make up the diff for me.....
    07-29-11 11:21 AM
    There is no option for column view in 6.0 OS.. Its now zoom in and the browser should wrap the text around like column view style, but that only works on some websites.. That's one of the reasons I stayed with 5.0 OS on my 9330 curve 3G, because 6.0 OS IMO is missing one important feature and that's column view for me!

I agree. I think it should be an option, though I have gotten used to zooming. I use the magnifying glass to zoom into text when I'm ready to read a topic, and I use the "i" shortcut to zoom in on a forum when it's likely that I'll use the back button to come back to the screen, as it maintains the zoomed in aspect ratio.

07-29-11 11:25 AM
    Mine is the 9780 with os 6.0.0.600 and have tried everything suggested and cannot find the column view. Thanks for all attempts to help. I much prefer this view but it simply is not there on my phone.
    I have a 9700 with 6.0.0.615 installed and would love to find the default column view too but it is just not in the browser - options.
    07-29-11 12:25 PM
    Poor guy den
    12-04-11 03:36 PM
    I am not happy with all this zooming and enlarging either.

Seriously, the del button doesn't work on this and other sites either, I have to highlight and then type over. Missin' my cirve, and that should not be the case!
    12-04-11 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD