Is anyone aware of an application that will break down what's using your memory up?

I upgraded to .148/5.0 hybrid and was fine for days. now, not only will quick pull not keep it's schedule, but after I manually simulate the battery pull I drop to <15MB free within minutes.
    07-08-09 11:01 AM
    MeterBerry™ for the BlackBerry® Storm™

(it cannot pinpoint the specific app that causes the mem leak, just give u the idea (there is no api that can do that))
    07-08-09 11:03 AM
    Is anyone aware of an application that will break down what's using your memory up?

I upgraded to .148/5.0 hybrid and was fine for days. now, not only will quick pull not keep it's schedule, but after I manually simulate the battery pull I drop to <15MB free within minutes.
    have you tried the built in memory cleaner? That drop is not normal, i do a batt pull and go from 51 up to 59 and over days it drops with normal use, e-mail, SMS, camera, video, browsing, etc...
    07-08-09 11:07 AM
    did a batt pull last friday, was at 59, today at 53.
    07-08-09 11:08 AM
    did a batt pull last friday, was at 59, today at 53.
    how the heck u get to 59
    highest i get is 51 lol
    07-08-09 11:14 AM
    they have a built in memory cleaner now huh? how do I get to it?
    07-08-09 11:21 AM
    they have a built in memory cleaner now huh? how do I get to it?
    options > security options > memory cleaning > status: enabled > choose ur preference > save
    07-08-09 11:32 AM
    thanks for all the fast replies folks.

I will try the built in memory cleaner now and see how that holds up.
    07-08-09 11:42 AM
    thanks for all the fast replies folks.

I will try the built in memory cleaner now and see how that holds up.
    The Memory Cleaner is really just for security purposes. It occasionally will free some memory, but that is not its purpose.

From the MeterBerry FAQ:

The operating system's Memory Cleaning feature is for security purposes. When it is enabled, the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) overwrites memory with zeros before it is released to be recovered by the garbage collector. This prevents sensitive data from being retrieved from memory later. The Memory Cleaner also clears various caches on the phone including the temporary key store, content protection caches, address book caches, and more. This is why the amount of free application memory sometimes increases after it is run.
    07-08-09 02:13 PM
    MeterBerry is nice, but I think something that list how much memory each application is sucking up so we'll know what to delete (or fix) would work better.
    07-08-09 02:15 PM
    MeterBerry is nice, but I think something that list how much memory each application is sucking up so we'll know what to delete (or fix) would work better.
    This is not possible. There is no API to retrieve memory statistics on an application-by-application basis. If there were, and if there ever is, MeterBerry will have this functionality.
    07-08-09 02:17 PM
    The Memory Cleaner is really just for security purposes. It occasionally will free some memory, but that is not its purpose.

From the MeterBerry FAQ:
    AMEN and thank you... too often there's unjustified excitement regarding Memory Cleaner while in effect it does little.
    07-08-09 02:51 PM
    So I'm assuming my storm is pretty bad when I'm running around 7mb of free memory ?
    07-08-09 04:49 PM
    I just realized that I had 3mb, 24 hours after battery pull, I need to delete alot.

/edit after battery pull its at 21 mb
    Last edited by liveify; 07-08-09 at 08:50 PM.
    07-08-09 08:48 PM
    So I'm assuming my storm is pretty bad when I'm running around 7mb of free memory ?
    I just realized that I had 3mb, 24 hours after battery pull, I need to delete alot.

/edit after battery pull its at 21 mb
    this will most likely fix ur mem leak issue

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/

pretty much says sometimes backup data gets corrupted, causing mem leaks
    so follow the steps from that thread and u should be good to go
    07-08-09 11:43 PM
    how the heck u get to 59
    highest i get is 51 lol
    count yourself lucky, I start off with 31 lol.
    07-09-09 12:14 AM
    31 is all i ever start with
    07-09-09 08:09 AM
    Just to add to the knowledge base, I was having an issue with "memory plummet" (patent pending). Start around 28 and dive to 3 or 4 with a couple hours. I could almost watch it go....

Anyway, I assumed (rightly or wrongly) that there was a 3rd party app at the source of the problem. Totally unscientifically I deleted the following programs:
    RIM App World
    Vlingo
    Google Sync
    Chess Lite
    Facebook
    Blackberry Messenger
    Yahoo Messenger
    AIM

Did the ol' reboot and started in the 30's for the first time since I began looking at it (thanks CB.com, I was happy once). Anyway after booting at 32, its sitting at 28.7 just over two hours later. Thats a massive improvement.

Something above, or some combination, I deduce was the issue. Thought it might help another CB'er so worth throwing on here.

Now queue my memory plummet returning with a vengeance or my phone showing no perceivable difference from before.
    07-09-09 11:32 AM
    CrackMem and CrackUtil seem to work pretty good too
    07-13-09 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD