I have been trying to get my password set on the security options. I did have it set, but it kept prompting me to type "blackberry" in place of the password, then would not accept my password is had initally set. Now the program is going thru a "Wiping" and a "Scrubbing" Mode. Its also taking a month of sundays for this process to complete.
    Does anyone have an answer of solution for this?

Well this really sucks, It wiped out all my settings and saved info. Basically its the same as the first time I powered up the phone. Lost everything.
    Last edited by Gbelden; 03-26-08 at 03:11 PM.
    03-26-08 01:42 PM
    If you enter the wrong password in 10 times it will automatically WIPE the device as a security measure. That's one disadvantage of setting the device up with a password.
    03-26-08 04:32 PM
    I have been trying to wipe any and all information from my phone so that I could start fresh. If I "wipe" the phone, then it performs the 2 hour long "Scrub" there is still information on the phone.
    When you get a new phone, you are not forced to type a password... my phone forces me to after scrubbing.
    if i wipe it again, another 2 hours is locked up "Scrubbing"
    applications that I loaded "i tried Guitar Hero" are still installed.
    I guess this isn't a secure wipe as everyone claims...
    04-09-08 11:21 AM
    It is case sensitive password. I got to seven before I realized it was on caps.

And tdersken it wipes info. Some apps will stay on just like when you clean a pc. Although most should get erased.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-08 02:47 PM
    Erasing all data and applications from the BlackBerry device while Content Protection is turned on triggers scrubbing, which is the process of rewriting over memory to remove any residual unmapped data on the BlackBerry device. The scrubbing process could take up to several hours.

Any of the following processes may cause your BlackBerry device to automatically erase all data and applications, and then also trigger the scrubbing process, if Content Protection is turned on:
    The Kill command is sent from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to a BlackBerry device to erase its data.
    The password for the BlackBerry device is entered incorrectly in excess of the maximum number of attempts set in an IT policy. Note: Ten password entry attempts are allowed in the absence of an IT policy, or when the default number of password attempts is used.
    The BlackBerry device user types blackberry when manually erasing all data and applications from the BlackBerry device using Options > Security > General Options.
    Note: For more information, search the Technical Knowledge Center in the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center for a white paper called BlackBerry Enterprise Solution Security Security version 4.0.X Technical Overview. See page 48.

Resolution

Turn off Content Protection before manually erasing all data and applications from the BlackBerry device, in order to avoid triggering the scrubbing process:
    On the Home screen of the BlackBerry device, go to Options > Security Options.
    Under General Settings, go to Content Protection.
    If Content Protection shows as "enabled," click the trackwheel of the BlackBerry device and select Change Option to turn off, or "disable," Content Protection.
    Click the trackwheel again to save and close. Note: Once scrubbing has been triggered, there is no way of stopping it. The process must be fully completed before the BlackBerry device may be used. Removing and reinserting the battery of the BlackBerry device will only start the scrubbing process again from the beginning.
    The duration of the scrubbing process depends on factors such as the actual processor speed of the BlackBerry device, the amount of memory that it has, and the actual memory speed.
    Additional Information

Compared to the Wipe Handheld option, scrubbing is a lengthy process and can take up to eight hours, depending on the data contained on the BlackBerry device.
    09-09-08 08:25 AM
    Kicked off the wipe feature to clear my device. Set it on my desk connected to the charger anticipating a 2-8 hour cycle. 48 hours later still cycling...does a quick wipe then shows scrubbing and the %, once it reaches 100% is starts over.

I pulled the battery to start again....same result....never ending loop.

Ideas anyone?
    06-10-09 11:54 PM
    ever get this problem solved? been 48 hours for me on my torch
    12-09-10 12:34 PM
    You could always just use JL_cmder or BBSAK to wipe the device using a PC. That's the quickest method of wiping anyway.

Then you can use the PC to install an OS because when you wipe using the PC it leaves you with the 507 error which is the perfect place to install an OS from...
    12-09-10 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD