You will need to know your IMEI number (found in Options->Status). Most carriers should give you your unlock code, but you may have to purchase a code from a vendor

BlackBerry 8800/8300 Curve

1. Go to Settings Menu -> Options
    2. Select Advanced Options -> SIM Card
    3. Type MEPD on the keyboard (you won't see the text)
    4. Type MEP then [ALT button] then 2 (again you won't see the text)
    5. A prompt should come up "Enter Network MEP Code" Type in your unlock code then press the track wheel to confirm.
    6. The phone is now unlocked.
    BlackBerry 8100
    1. Insert SIM card and power phone on.
    2. Make sure the radio and wireless are turned off.
    3. Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM Card
    4. Type MEPD on the keyboard (you won't see the text)
    5. Type MEPP then [ALT button] then 2 (again you won't see the text)
    6. Enter the unlock code and press enter
    7. Reboot. Device is now unlocked.
    BlackBerry 8700
    1. Follow steps 1-4 from above.
    2. While holding the ALT key type MEPE
    3. A prompt will appear. Enter your unlock code and press in the jog dial to confirm.
    4. Device is now unlocked.
    BlackBerry 6xxx, 7xxx
    1. Go to Options -> SIM Card
    2. Type MEPD for all models except 7100 in which case type MEPPD (you won't see the text)
    3. Usually you will see "active" NET lock. Disable by typing MEP2 or MEPP2 for the 7100.
    4. You should be prompted to enter your unlock code. Enter it.
    5. Device should be unlocked.
    03-25-08 11:13 PM
    how are u. how do i find out my mep code for the blackberry curve 8300.
    04-07-08 07:08 PM
    I have a blackberry 8800 from Pakistan (Mobilink is the operator) it has never been activated there. I want to unlock it by IMEI to work on O2-UK. I know Mobilink supports O2 as a roaming service but my question really is whether all features such as email and blackberry messenger would work once I unlocked it? does anyone know any reputable unlock vendors to go through?
    04-08-08 10:35 AM
    What happens when you unlock it or why unlock it? Just asking. I'm still a noob.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-08 01:50 AM
    I have a blackberry 8800 from Pakistan (Mobilink is the operator) it has never been activated there. I want to unlock it by IMEI to work on O2-UK. I know Mobilink supports O2 as a roaming service but my question really is whether all features such as email and blackberry messenger would work once I unlocked it? does anyone know any reputable unlock vendors to go through?
    I have a 8310 from At&t that I have had unlocked and am now using with an o2 sim. O2 had no problem with me using a handset from another network. To get email working you will need to add a Blackberry bolt on. O2 offer unlimited data for �10 per month.
    04-11-08 02:50 AM
    What happens when you unlock it or why unlock it? Just asking. I'm still a noob.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lots of phones are locked to the network that supplied the phone. Example a phone supplied by At&t may be locked so it will only work with a sim card from At&t. So if you wanted to use a sim card from another network you would not be able to. The phone would not accept the sim. If you get the phone unlocked then you can use any sim card with the phone. There are lots of reason to do this, maybe you travel overseas a lot and don't want to pay international roaming fees. You could set a contract up with another network overseas on a sim deal or a prepay sim and use your At&t phone.
    Or if you were to buy a phone on ebay it might be locked to the network that supplied the hanset and would not work with your sim.
    04-11-08 03:06 AM
    so can i get a blackberry over seas and have it work on vrz??
    04-16-08 06:31 PM
    Where do I go to get an unlock code so I can use this on T-Mobile?
    04-23-08 04:32 PM
    i just purchased a at&t blackberry pearl 8100 a nd i want to unlock so i can use it here in canada. i dont want to have to pay for it to get unlocked if possible. does anyone know what i should do or even no a unlock code?
    05-02-08 11:05 AM
    Call the Tmobile customer service and tel them you want the unlock code for your Tmobile BBerry.
    They'll email you the code in ~48 hours, I got mine in <24 hrs.
    Then follow the instructions fro the first dude on this thread. Works like a charm.
    Where do I go to get an unlock code so I can use this on T-Mobile?
    05-06-08 03:04 PM
    Hi.

I have a 8320, I bought it in USA and planning to use it in Costa Rica, but when I reach the MEP input screen it says (0 left), I have the unlock code, how can I reset this counter.
    05-10-08 11:56 PM
    Can I unlock a Verizon 8830 to work with Sprint?
    05-15-08 05:36 PM
    i dropped my iphone in the ocean so it doesnt do all that cool stuff anymore. im with at&t but i do not want another iphone and my girlfriend has insurance on her verizon 8830 world edition blackberry so i can get one for the 50$ fee they charge. Can i use this phone with my at&t plan? if so, what steps do i need to take? i hope i can find help on this board, I really need this to work!! THanks
    05-16-08 04:19 PM
    i dropped my iphone in the ocean so it doesnt do all that cool stuff anymore. im with at&t but i do not want another iphone and my girlfriend has insurance on her verizon 8830 world edition blackberry so i can get one for the 50$ fee they charge. Can i use this phone with my at&t plan? if so, what steps do i need to take? i hope i can find help on this board, I really need this to work!! THanks
    No, Verizon and AT&T use different types of phones.
    05-19-08 12:00 AM
    Hey all,

I was hoping someone could shed light on unlocking the new BlackBerry Curve 8330 for Verizon.

Thanks guys!
    05-19-08 11:01 PM
    sweet! does ive got the unlocked menue. but where would i find a Enter Network MEP Code for Att ?
    05-21-08 08:53 AM
    Well if i remember right u just call att (611 from your att phone) and then say hey i need the unlock code for my phone...and they will email it to you!
    05-21-08 08:10 PM
    If I unlock my BB and use it on another network, will I have to get a BB data package from that network?
    05-22-08 07:49 PM
    Hey thanks for all the great info! this is a pretty good source this site is!
    05-25-08 06:38 PM
    i have blackberry curve 8300 and already followed the fourth step. nothing happened though? any other way?thanks
    05-27-08 05:58 AM
    ive got a blackberry curve 8320 on o2. ive rang them and ask for an unlock code and they will not give it to me as i bought the phone second hand and did not officially buy from a o2 shop how do i get an unlock code?
    05-28-08 07:36 AM
    I just got this for T-mo.

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your Blackberry Curve device.

1. Press the Menu key.
    2. Scroll to and select Manage Connections.
    3. Select Turn All Connections Off.
    4. Press the red end key or the Escape key to go back to the Home screen
    5. Scroll to and select the Options icon.
    6. Scroll to and select Advanced Options.
    7. Scroll to and select SIM Card.
    8. Type MEPD
    Note: When typing in MEPD the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the personalization on the device.
    9. Hold down the Alt key and type in MEP2.
    Note: When typing in MEP2 the letters/number will not appear on the screen. This Step opens up the Enter Network MEP code box.
    10. Enter the unlock code.
    11. Press the trackball (code accepted should display)
    12. Press and hold the red End key to turn the handheld off and then back on.
    13. Once the device has powered on, follow steps 1 & 2 and select Restore Connections.

Thank You,

Sim Unlock Department
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    05-28-08 09:18 AM
    Yep, that is the procedure I received from T-Mobile last week along with the unlock code. Make sure they got your IMEI correct. They had mine wrong and I had to have them re-issue the code. It worked, I am able to use my German sim card while I am traveling here in Germany to save a few bucks.
    05-28-08 09:35 AM
    Can someone please explain to a total newbie how to get onto settings bit needed for unlock code.
    Mine is a Blackberry 8800, it does not have an actual SETTINGS bit. so the previous instructions did not work for me.
    Need a step by step
    05-31-08 11:25 AM
    What is this "unlock code" of which you speak?

Is there any off-hours support for blackberry?

Why is this so difficult, and un-documented?
    06-01-08 02:32 PM
147 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD