New Storm user here, and the vlingo looks cool, everything voice activated, and for $18 you can upgrade to a version that voice typed emails and texts. Curious if anyone has some feedback on whether it is what it says it is, and if it's a recommended app. Thanks.
    07-06-09 09:06 AM
    It is an okay app, if you really need to use all the time. But if you use it sparingly then it is a waste of money.
    07-06-09 09:13 AM
    I use it all the time. But go to their website and get it. Downloaded mine from there and it was fully functional for free...
    07-06-09 09:14 AM
    I installed it. After I did, my storm stop allowing me to connect via blue tooth, it did something to the permissions. I uninstalled, reset the BB, I did everything. The only fix was to get a new BB and start over, which was covered under the one year agreement, neither could rule out that this software caused it. I know it did, because it is all I added and then everything went wrong.
    07-06-09 12:20 PM
    I use it all the time. But go to their website and get it. Downloaded mine from there and it was fully functional for free...
    Not anymore, I had it (free full version) and loved it. Did a device wipe and upgrade. Went to get it again, now the free version does not support email and text (unless the recipient has vlingo as well on their device), to get that you need to upgrade to the plus version for $17.99.

Sucks ***. Where can i get the old free version 2.0 I think?
    07-07-09 10:05 PM
    I tried it earlier this week and it's pretty handy. It's like a more functional version of the voice dialing that's already installed. It's nice to just launch apps by voice and do google searchs, but I'm sure that where it really shines is sending texts and emails. I personally didn't feel like paying the $18, but try the free version and use it for a good week or two. If you find you still love it after 2 weeks then maybe you should upgrade.
    07-08-09 12:09 AM
    Not anymore, I had it (free full version) and loved it. Did a device wipe and upgrade. Went to get it again, now the free version does not support email and text (unless the recipient has vlingo as well on their device), to get that you need to upgrade to the plus version for $17.99.

Sucks ***. Where can i get the old free version 2.0 I think?
    Try Vlingo.com. Start page has the BB download.
    07-08-09 03:40 AM
    Hey guys,

I've got the answer to your problems (thanks to Drift Devil!). Go to this thread and see the link to the .zip file for Vlingo 2.0:

forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=256267

I downloaded this last night and LOVE it! Enjoy.
    07-08-09 09:07 AM
    ^^^sorry, as I haven't yet posted 10 comments it wouldn't let me put the entirety of the URL in there...you all are smart, you'll figure it out.
    07-08-09 09:07 AM
    I purchased the full version and Love it.

With the storm's lack of a tactile keyboard texting while driving is near impossible. However with vlingo I can dictate my texts without my eyes ever leaving the road.

although I do often wind up sending additional texts explaining what vlingo is when the program tacks on the "sent using vlingo message"
    07-08-09 11:07 AM
    With the storm's lack of a tactile keyboard texting while driving is near impossible. However with vlingo I can dictate my texts without my eyes ever leaving the road.
    Do you -or anyone else- find vlingo has a hard time distinguishing what you say? I admit it's much harder when my windows are down, LOL, but it doesn't always get my message right with windows up. Even with simple words.

I haven't yet upgraded to buying full package due to this; I am still testing how well it understands me.
    07-26-09 02:35 PM
    I like being able to text and drive without having to pull over to type stuff out on the touch screen. For me, it was worth the $18 one time fee. I mean, I pay like $80 a month... a one time fee isn't that much.
    07-26-09 02:41 PM
    Love Vlingo. I got the pro version and love to speak my emails. Great app.
    07-26-09 02:52 PM
    I have the full version. I would use it more often if I drove a lot. Otherwise its not very practical to speak your emails or messages all the time I think, especially in public. I kind of regret spending the $18 just because I don't use it very much.
    07-26-09 03:17 PM
    I have the full version and love it. Very functional for those who live in states that cannot use their phone while driving. The BT works good.
    07-26-09 04:49 PM
    I have the pro and love it. Works great with the bluetooth. Can't beat the one time fee.
    07-26-09 05:07 PM
    I initiate most all calls with Vlingo as my right convenience key. Wish I could play music with it. Oh well, someday soon, I hope.

Doctor Neutron
    07-26-09 05:15 PM
    Love the full version!!! I commute an hour to work and get a ton of emails/texts!!! for the safety value alone it was well worth the price!!
    08-17-09 08:25 PM
    Definitely the best app available on ANY platform... I send a TON of texts... and being able to txt while driving without taking my eyes of the road is awesome. Definitely worth the $18.

As for the 2.0 version... I had that previously. It was buggy, slow, and while it worked for the most part, is nowhere near as good as the paid 3.0 version.
    08-17-09 08:43 PM
    use 2.0 and works for me....
    08-17-09 08:47 PM
    I brought it and I rate it highly.

CB store does not sell it so I had to go somewhere else to buy it, Handango.

I have mix experiences of that site but it does offer regular discounts, which does reduce the $18. Hopefully, I wont have upgrade issues.
    08-17-09 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD