For those new to the storm and forum, many of us legitimate owners and posters would like you to know that the storm is every bit the wonderful device it is suppose to be. This forum, though cleaned up a little recently, has trolls galore and I attribute that to the fact that smartphones are both a high profile item and a status symbol of sorts.... Suffice it to say, pride runs amok amongst many of the smart phone rank and file users.

With the recent OS upgrades, the storm continues to be a more and more refined tool and will serve you in ways you haven't even figured out yet (a recent $9 cassette adapter purchase turned this thing into a commercial free radio device for my vehicle using internet music from flycast and slacker radio.... No $15 a month and expensive gear for satellite radio).

Take all complaints with a grain of salt. It is no trick at all to sign up for extra accounts to continue trouble making and appear to swell the ranks of their "cause".

The iphone is fine with pros and cons just like this storm. Niether whips the other hands down. Example: my gf has an iphone and is out of town so we text a lot this week. I can text a photo (MMS) to nearly everybody on my list... But I keep forgetting pictures must b emailed to iphones that haven't been upgraded.... So she doesn't get the puctures. Unlike the storm you cannot OTA upgrade your OS, and she has no computer/internet option atm to solve this.

My point is the phone is great, 95% or more of its users don't experience what the negative vocal minority bleat out here, so continue with the device you spent your hard-earned money on knowing it is absolutely fantastic.

Sit back and watch the "benevolent" trolls even stack up in this thread; ignore them . This thread is for the majority of storm owners out there that love the phone and are scratching their heads at reading some of the rants...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 08:56 AM
    I have to say I agree wholeheartedly... my best friend and 3 of my crewmates all have iPhones, and I still went and got the Storm and I am SO glad I did... I get to be different!!

Yes, the Storm had its teething problems on release (original iPhone anyone?) but the latest leak I am running (.151 on 9500) is ace, no major issues at all, great battery life and great memory retention (35mb all day with listed apps in my sig)

It is a new device, and has associated problems as such... fingers crossed OS 5.0 will be the answer to all our prayers and bring the OS inline with the iPhone's OS. I say this because there are still niggles with my Storm... the accelerometer could be better and lag is still a problem with various apps sometimes... but the potential for this device is enormous!!!

Yes, I know not every Storm owner will agree with us... but I'm sure every iPhone owner doesn't love their iPhone.
    07-06-09 09:22 AM
    currently enjoying my storm quite a lot.
    07-06-09 09:40 AM
    I just got mine and I have no issues with it at all. The battery life is really good and it is pretty quick to respond to screen changes nd apps oipening/closing
    07-06-09 10:24 AM
    I have both iPhone And Storm And I actually love the Storm more.
    07-06-09 10:30 AM
    LADIES! Settle down! Shall I break out my mod stick?

The truth of the matter is that the Storm has some very polar viewpoints. Some love it, some hate it and ALL can have their say, BUT you must remain on topic and you must NOT harass each other. This is an appreciation thread, for folks to show some love for the Storm. We also have plenty of Rant threads where you can express your dislike, please use those and let these poor folks have their rave thread.

I will do some clean up, no warnings, just removing the off topic rants. Put them in one of the MANY rant threads.
    07-07-09 02:07 PM
    cant do without my stom it has done what I want a then some....
    07-07-09 02:10 PM
    Cleaned up and reopened! Keep it on topic gang, start a rant thread for your rants or use one of the many exisiting rant threads.
    07-07-09 02:16 PM
    Cleaned up and reopened! Keep it on topic gang, start a rant thread for your rants or use one of the many exisiting rant threads.
    Thankyou pk!

The very reason I started this thread was to have an oasis for the storm lovers to hang out and not be harassed.

My two cents worth- I still say the rant and rave forum should be split into two seperate forums for each camp. Let the haters frenzy all they want in their own forum and the rest of us that enjoy the device can stay in ours.

07-07-09 02:57 PM
    Wow! A thread with no haters or trolls. It's a miracle! Thanks for cleaning it up PK.
    07-07-09 04:07 PM
    I've had my Storm since Dec 08 and other than a laggy
    key board once in a while, its been a great phone! Much
    better than my Motor Q9C!!

07-07-09 04:23 PM
    I have had my storm since April this year. I love this phone yeah there was a learning curve at the beginning but I switch from the aweful HTC TOUCh and I have never looked back even with the issues I had before the update. I love my Storm and I dont know if I will ever go with anything other than Blackberry's. Although the tour looks sweet im still holding out to see what else RIM brings out..

oh did I mention this phone is great and I have had zero problems...
    07-07-09 05:33 PM
    I am still on my first storm and it has no issues to speak of. I am considering a wipe and reinstall of the OS but haven't made up my mind yet.

07-07-09 10:02 PM
    I've got nothin but love for my storm. Batt life and performance has been great ever since I upgraded to .151 -- not to say .122 was bad -- no freezing, no crashing, no wiping, no mem leaks... wait! There's still some but nothing that a quickpull won't solve. Can't wait for 5.0 though.

07-07-09 10:24 PM
    I'm still on my first Storm. No problems. It's all good.
    07-07-09 10:41 PM
    I get amazed weekly how valuable the Storm has become in my life and how much I depend on it for texting, viewing emails, tasks, calendars, reminders, listening to music, listening to podcasts, use it for hiking, etc.....
    07-07-09 10:44 PM
    Ever since I discovered Opera Mini (Faster than Bolt as well) it has saved this phone for me. I deleted all my junk apps, used the .148/5 hybrid and I chill at 40 megs of app memory with moderate usage and a full charge in the morning definately gets me through the day which is all i can ask for from a smartphone batt.

oh yea still on my first storm, not a single scratch on my screen and some minor sctraches on the back cover on the sides. I Have no case for it.
    Last edited by darethas; 07-08-09 at 02:07 AM.
    07-08-09 02:04 AM
    For those new to the storm and forum, many of us legitimate owners and posters would like you to know that the storm is every bit the wonderful device it is suppose to be. This forum, though cleaned up a little recently, has trolls galore and I attribute that to the fact that smartphones are both a high profile item and a status symbol of sorts.... Suffice it to say, pride runs amok amongst many of the smart phone rank and file users.

With the recent OS upgrades, the storm continues to be a more and more refined tool and will serve you in ways you haven't even figured out yet (a recent $9 cassette adapter purchase turned this thing into a commercial free radio device for my vehicle using internet music from flycast and slacker radio.... No $15 a month and expensive gear for satellite radio).

Take all complaints with a grain of salt. It is no trick at all to sign up for extra accounts to continue trouble making and appear to swell the ranks of their "cause".

The iphone is fine with pros and cons just like this storm. Niether whips the other hands down. Example: my gf has an iphone and is out of town so we text a lot this week. I can text a photo (MMS) to nearly everybody on my list... But I keep forgetting pictures must b emailed to iphones that haven't been upgraded.... So she doesn't get the puctures. Unlike the storm you cannot OTA upgrade your OS, and she has no computer/internet option atm to solve this.

My point is the phone is great, 95% or more of its users don't experience what the negative vocal minority bleat out here, so continue with the device you spent your hard-earned money on knowing it is absolutely fantastic.

Sit back and watch the "benevolent" trolls even stack up in this thread; ignore them . This thread is for the majority of storm owners out there that love the phone and are scratching their heads at reading some of the rants...

Very much agree with you. Hands down.

07-08-09 02:39 AM
    I love my storm also. Original unit since 11/25. Havn't done a battery pull since I installed .148 when it first leaked. It works very smoothly now with only a few minor annoyances. Can't wait for another update, to play with.
    07-08-09 02:57 AM
    HELLO STORM ENTHUSIATS!

I am glad to see the numbers of people in here... Which proves my point that the haters are way outnumbered (all 4 or 5 of them).

The mods have done a wonderful job keeping this thread free of trolls so keep reporting any thread crashers.

Have you hugged your storm today?

07-08-09 07:14 AM
    This is one of my favourite things about the Storm - you simply cannot scratch that screen. I don't use a case or a screen protector (conscious decision after the ridiculously paranoid escapade with my Ghost Armour) and I'm completely confident it won't scratch. Anyone remember that video of someone taking a knife blade to the storm to try and scratch it?

I've never had any other phone, including my other BlackBerrys where I could feel so confident about the build quality.
    As any other device before it's time, I don't think the storm will be fully apprecited until enough time passes where one's 20/20 hindsight will clearly allow it to be appreciated.

Its build quality and cosmetics are splendid... The only place I will take exception to my own opinion is when they decided to use a bezel that is spray coated with it's color.... Since the bezel rubs the edge of everything this storm touches, over time the silver trim rubs off. Bezels are cheap to buy, yes, but on the storm a real m.f. to replace.

07-08-09 08:30 AM
    As any other device before it's time, I don't think the storm will be fully apprecited until enough time passes where one's 20/20 hindsight will clearly allow it to be appreciated.

Its build quality and cosmetics are splendid... The only place I will take exception to my own opinion is when they decided to use a bezel that is spray coated with it's color.... Since the bezel rubs the edge of everything this storm touches, over time the silver trim rubs off. Bezels are cheap to buy, yes, but on the storm a real m.f. to replace.

After taking my Innocase II off recently, I noticed that my bezel's starting to flake off too. Sad, but what can you do? Normal, everyday wear...

But that's what the Innocase II's for! Covers up all the blemishes and takes the brunt of all the drops I've had. I don't have a single scratch on my Storm due to me dropping it.

Bonus is that sitting here on my desk, the Innocase II makes my Storm look like it's SWAT tactical gear! All it needs is the ability to display some kind of cool tactical-like screensaver when it's charging...
    07-08-09 09:43 AM
    After taking my Innocase II off recently, I noticed that my bezel's starting to flake off too. Sad, but what can you do? Normal, everyday wear...

But that's what the Innocase II's for! Covers up all the blemishes and takes the brunt of all the drops I've had. I don't have a single scratch on my Storm due to me dropping it.

Bonus is that sitting here on my desk, the Innocase II makes my Storm look like it's SWAT tactical gear! All it needs is the ability to display some kind of cool tactical-like screensaver when it's charging...
    My leather flap holster w/ magnet did that to my bezel.... You can order a new one for $20 online but it's a b*tch to take the small, thin, frail parts off and put it on the new one.

07-08-09 09:49 AM
    I love my phone!!
    07-08-09 09:56 PM
    Anybody else just love the image of bb?
    I love its anti iphone look. Might just be me but I feel like when u look at bbs.... Its a serious tool.... Just wish the silver bezel was black...

07-08-09 10:31 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD