I have been looking foward to a bold/tour device for months now switching back and forth between devices because the storm wont cut it for me. The curve is an awesome phone but its multimedia abilities blow but its keyboard is functional. The storms multimedia is great but using it for anything else in my opinion is worthless as the battery drains like crazy (with no apps installed and the newest 148 software and no i dont have messanger or anything installed or running).

so to my point, this TOUR is it for me, the best of both worlds, but now I face a very scary thought.. Whats left to look foward to on crackberry? I come on here all the time looking for newer info on the tour, but once I own it next week, what are you guys going to be on here for- like you have been, in terms of eagerly awaiting the tour?

just wanted to throw out that question . I mean im sure ill be reading peoples opinions on the phone and looking for new themes and free applications but it will be nowhere near the same enthusiasm as it has been the last 3-4 months at least for me
    07-05-09 11:21 PM
    OS 5.0 will be out in early fall, so there is always that! Should be a lot to look forward to! Also, there are always leaked pictures coming out!
    07-05-09 11:26 PM
    It will only be a matter of time before folks start anticipating the next latest and greatest device. There's always one to look forward to.
    07-05-09 11:31 PM
    But i mean alot of us are storm users that are jaded about touch screens from rim so im definently not looking foward to another one of those, i feel burned for ever shelling out money for this piece of trash they call a phone

I dont have disposable income so this phone will have to last me atleast a year as i will be upgrading my contract. I know leaked shots are great and 5.0 is looking snazzy, but i mean its just not the same as the hunt for this phone you know?

Like i was sitting next to my wife tonight and i said
    "after the tour comes out, i have nothing to look foward to phone wise" and she knew i was right.

If it performs half as well as id expect, ill just be happy that its free of bugs. I miss having a reliable phone. I hated with the storm that i had to come on here begging for a new leak because my phone couldnt work properly. It should have never released in that fashion.
    Dont get me wrong, I LOVE TOUCH screens and the screen and watching movies is amazing- its why I bought an apple ipod touch gen2, so i listen to music and watch amazing movies on it (what i intended for the storm) minus the phone part.

What else can they possibly do with this form factor that will wow anyone after this you know, more memory and faster processor.... sure, and they could have done that now but they put just enough hopefully. But otherwise I cant see there being any giant leaps past this for a while in terms of a qwerty blackberry in this form factor
    07-05-09 11:36 PM
    thats not what i mean though, like ok let me be more specific...

Say you had a 8830 or 8330, and you loved them but after a while you wanted something more this is the greatest thing since sliced bread because it is the next evolution in that process (more for the 8830we speaking).

so they upgrade the screen, make it brilliant, make the battery life terrific, better headphone jack, more memory faster processor better keyboard etc.. and what you have is a better phone in every single way camera or no camera whichever version you choose to go with.

My point is, they have taken this as far as it can go, and Im excited for the phone, i think its beautiful and I cant wait to have it, but what else can they possibly do with this form factor that will really wow anyone like this did you know?

I mean wifi or not isnt that big of a deal, and if the next generations biggest asset is only wifi and a little more memory it wont be really much of a leap like this phone is from the 8830we.

I guess I just sit here and i know there is a slider pearl coming out (a rehash of an old design at least to me ), a storm 2 which is basically an i phone which the storm should have been originally, an onyx which is just a more pretty bold with better guts etc.. I mean what exactly is so break the bank breath taking coming up?

Im not a downer, im just honestly trying to understand whats left to look foward to that isnt a rehash of an old design
    07-05-09 11:45 PM
    thats not what i mean though, like ok let me be more specific...

Say you had a 8830 or 8330, and you loved them but after a while you wanted something more this is the greatest thing since sliced bread because it is the next evolution in that process (more for the 8830we speaking).

so they upgrade the screen, make it brilliant, make the battery life terrific, better headphone jack, more memory faster processor better keyboard etc.. and what you have is a better phone in every single way camera or no camera whichever version you choose to go with.

My point is, they have taken this as far as it can go, and Im excited for the phone, i think its beautiful and I cant wait to have it, but what else can they possibly do with this form factor that will really wow anyone like this did you know?

I mean wifi or not isnt that big of a deal, and if the next generations biggest asset is only wifi and a little more memory it wont be really much of a leap like this phone is from the 8830we.

I guess I just sit here and i know there is a slider pearl coming out (a rehash of an old design at least to me ), a storm 2 which is basically an i phone which the storm should have been originally, an onyx which is just a more pretty bold with better guts etc.. I mean what exactly is so break the bank breath taking coming up?

Im not a downer, im just honestly trying to understand whats left to look foward to that isnt a rehash of an old design

Sounds like you're not buying the stock at this point?

Not that I completely disagree with your view, but the technology is always evolving and the next evolution will probably have more memory/more processor/better browser and just be capable of significantly more productivity...
    07-06-09 12:10 AM
    Oh. You didn't hear?
    RIM is coming out with a device that also doubles as a wife.
    It's the next biggest thing. Look out for it in 2011.
    07-06-09 12:15 AM
    I'll come back to CB to discuss how to master the Tour and learn about applications.
    07-06-09 12:22 AM
    Faster processors, more memory, nicer UI, new functions, sleeker handsets...

RIM does have a lot of growing to do as you have already noted.

They better do it fast too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 12:23 AM
    I do know that Sprint is in early testing of the 8530 as we speak...

Verizon like others have said will have a Storm 2 by yrs end....
    07-06-09 01:26 AM
    the social forums always have people in them and many people have questions that you may be able to help answer..

as far as what to look forward to..

people talk about applications all the time there will be os leak threads and many people saying many different things..
    07-06-09 01:41 AM
    Oh. You didn't hear?
    RIM is coming out with a device that also doubles as a wife.
    It's the next biggest thing. Look out for it in 2011.
    I thought he said he wanted something to look forward to?
    07-06-09 04:28 AM
    There are many devices in the pipeline from RIM, including many CDMA, that you guys will be very excited to see/play with. Lots to look forward to.
    07-06-09 07:20 AM
    Crucial said that the Storm 2 is what the original Storm should have been, and that critics won't have much to complain about with the Storm 2. If that's the case, people who purchased the original Storm, or wanted to purchase it, should be very happy with the Storm 2.
    07-06-09 07:28 AM
    Like i was sitting next to my wife tonight and i said "after the tour comes out, i have nothing to look forward to phone wise" and she knew i was right.
    That is a sad statement...even for me.
    07-06-09 08:02 AM
    LOL I think i'm done spending $ on phones after this for a good while long as it performs as I expect it should
    07-06-09 09:13 AM
    Blackberry Storm 2, 8530, 8930, and nothing else for CDMA has been mentioned, unfortunately....except for the LTE Blackberry.
    07-06-09 09:16 AM
    Like most board members, you'll probably see a newer device that catches your eye. Until then, you'll just look for apps on your phone and probably read a million reviews and/or buglist problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 09:22 AM
    I'm sure you'll be using apps, themes, wallpapers, ringtones, needing accessories... Crackberry will always have something to keep the appetite wet.
    07-06-09 09:28 AM
    I'm getting the Tour. Then I'm going to look forward to an Onyx type device for Verizon. Perhaps a Magnum for Verizon as well.
    07-06-09 10:36 AM
    briankeith metioned it: LTE-generation phones. I read somewhere 2010 for the first of those, I think.
    07-06-09 10:45 AM
    I always find something on crackberry to amaze me..Whether it be new apps, accessories, RIM/Verizon news, devices, etc...I love Crackberry.com... I probably visit this site more then any other..
    07-06-09 11:10 AM
    The Tour's shiny newness will wear off, people will treat it like every other Blackberry device and start the whole process all over again. By that I mean finding things wrong with the Tour, and saying how XX device is going to be so much better than the Tour.

As has been said probably a few times in this thread. No matter how good a current device is, people can't wait to get their hands on the next one, even if all it really is, is a new OS and a new case ;D
    07-06-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD