eBay Storm, Telus phone.

I want to give this to my Dad, who's currently on Bell. Bell has confirmed that they can activate this on their network, no problem at all.

The thing is, on bootup the Telus screen comes up. How would I get rid of that? Or once it's activated on Bell, will Bell's own screen come up?

I've updated the Storm to .148.

Also, how can I install apps, as there is no network connection yet, as it hasn't been added to his account (and won't be until I give it to him for his Birthday at the end of the month)?

I do have my own Storm, with a whackload of apps, and she's backed up. Can I just use Loader.exe and browse some backup files from mine, and add them to his? I'm talking free apps here, mostly OTA downloads initially. Is that even possible?

Sorry if this seems like an "easy" couple of questions, but I'm not familiar with Windows any more, and just don't know the protocol for downloading apps to the computer, then using Loader or DM to transfer them to the device.

Thanks in advance, Crackberry Nation!
    07-04-09 08:45 PM
    You can't do it unless it gets rebraded for another carrier ID, which is something you cannot do as a consumer.
    07-04-09 08:52 PM
    Dang, Civic, I thought that might be the case, and as this is coming from you, it's gospel.....

rats.
    07-04-09 09:38 PM
    Well, if he minds that much, why not give him yours and you keep this one? That way, you'll know the limitations on it, since you're in the community and he's not.
    07-04-09 09:40 PM
    That's an option I hadn't considered.

I'll see if I can get the new one configured the same as mine, including the paid apps/themes first though.

SUCH a pain transferring PINs for apps!

I'll see if he even notices, let alone minds.
    07-04-09 09:45 PM
    Read somewhere there are certain sofware than can remove the splash screen. Splash screen just east up the initial memory when start up. it is best to remove it.
    07-30-11 09:44 PM
    It would seem we are better off on a more technical forum than Crackberry if we are trying to gain this information.

I would suggest this forum: BlackBerry (RIM) - GSM-Forum
    10-12-12 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD