Hi, I am new to the Blackberry world but I plan on getting one sometimes in August. However, I do not know which one to get. My friend tells me to get the Bold, but I saw that there are new ones coming out also (tour, onyx, etc)...my question is, which one should I get?

thanks.
    07-04-09 07:20 PM
    Well that depends on the carrier your using....

Get the bold...

It has 3g and wifi, while the tour doesnt have that
    07-04-09 07:22 PM
    my current carrier is Verizon, I have been satisfied with it as a non smart phone user...but should I switch to At&t for the Bold?
    07-04-09 07:23 PM
    Well that depends, i would get a tour if your verizon.

If you have at&t, then get the bold, it has faster processor
    and a 1gb storage to put music, photos, etc. plus it has wifi.

If you dont use wifi at home, then stick with verizon.

I have a curve 8320, its perfect for me cause i got wifi at my house
    07-04-09 07:26 PM
    I do have wifi at my house....so is tour the same as bold, other than the wifi and more storage?
    07-04-09 07:28 PM
    yeah basically lol

tour is everything minus
    1gb storage, wifi

good price too for upgrades
    07-04-09 07:30 PM
    Although, the BlackBerry 9020 (Onyx) is going to be an updated Bold, it has literally everything.. WiFi, 3G, GPS, 3mp camera, and an even faster processor then the Bold's.
    I'm not sure when exactly it will be released, but most likely by Fall/Winter .. if you want to wait a couple months, it'll be worth it.
    07-04-09 07:37 PM
    Although, the BlackBerry 9020 (Onyx) is going to be an updated Bold, it has literally everything.. WiFi, 3G, GPS, 3mp camera, and an even faster processor then the Bold's.
    I'm not sure when exactly it will be released, but most likely by Fall/Winter .. if you want to wait a couple months, it'll be worth it.
    thanks...maybe i'll wait for that one...is it only AT&T like the bold?
    07-04-09 07:52 PM
    Hmm not sure yet, but it is supposed to replace the Bold so most likely it will head where ever the Bold is. This is only my educated guess.. it does seem like the most likely path though!

Oh, and not to mention, the Onyx will be thinner then the bulky Bold.. so that's a plus!
    07-04-09 07:59 PM
    I love my bold so...I can be bias LOL
    07-04-09 07:59 PM
    I love my bold so...I can be bias LOL
    LOL Granted, although I personally prefer smaller/thinner phones .. so the 8900 is perfect for me! My old phone was literally 9.9mm thin .. (sony ericsson w890i)
    07-04-09 08:02 PM
    Well, I can't upgrade till november. I think I'm going to have to pay full retail $ for the tour when it comes out.... :-(
    Been saving up anyways....
    07-04-09 08:07 PM
    Get the newest one your carrier will have in august.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 08:10 PM
    im going to just get a new housing for my blackberry
    07-04-09 08:11 PM
    The bold lives up to its hype.
    The tour and 8900 are also solid choices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 08:57 PM
    If you don't mind waiting (you've waited this long), wait for the Onyx. Hopefully it comes out soon.

Also... you have to make a decision on networks prior to making a decision on phones.

The Bold, Onyx and Magnum are for AT&T in the U.S. (Onyx and Magnum aren't released)

The Tour will be for the CDMA networks, Sprint and Verizon.

I am definitely waiting for the Onyx and then the magnum... I prefer at&t because of UMTS 3G (simultaneous voice and data) and then phone selection. Without the first, the latter wouldn't matter.
    07-04-09 09:17 PM
    I would wait...the Bold is FABULOUS, but the Onyx looks like a heart-stopper.
    07-04-09 09:20 PM
    is there any info on when the onyx will be released? or is it just listed as Fall/Winter?
    07-04-09 09:28 PM
    As of yet we haven't seen/heard anything, but the onyx does in fact exist and is slated for release by the end of the year for sure. As to when, I'm assuming it will come out around the same time as the Bold. Maybe August, or maybe later, but definately in time for the holiday season.
    07-04-09 10:04 PM
    If you have at&t, then get the bold, it has faster processor and a 1gb storage to put music, photos, etc. plus it has wifi.
    Yes, it does have 1gb storage but only 128mb that can be used for apps, multimedia, etc. And much of that is used by installed and running apps.

And I LOVE my Bold...best device I've ever had by far.
    07-04-09 11:06 PM
    All I have to say is� as long as its a blackberry you can't go wrong!!!
    07-04-09 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD