I just got my phone replaced with a like new one. I have tried to plug in my phone to move some music and picture files from my computer to the new phone. When I plug in the phone to the computer it does not show up on the device/removable storage list. Any ideas?

I just noticed a second problem. I dont think that i am getting emails or facebook messages after I got the new phone... any help?

Thanks, David.
    Last edited by johnstod; 07-04-09 at 05:38 PM.
    07-04-09 05:09 PM
    You have to go into device manager (while phone is plugged in) and click on USB devices and right click on your device and uninstall it, then unplug your phone, restart comp and plug the phone back in and it should reinstall it automatically, otherwise do it manually, always wait for DM to finish loading before plugging in phone too, I've had this happen to me many times and it always works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 08:17 PM
    Or you could make sure you have mass memory mode selected. That is under the memory in options.
    07-05-09 02:39 AM
    options->memory->auto enable mass storage mode when connected

should say yes
    07-05-09 09:18 AM
    Ya i have the mass storage mode set. i have to try the first post still though.
    07-06-09 01:28 AM
    You have to go into device manager (while phone is plugged in) and click on USB devices and right click on your device and uninstall it, then unplug your phone, restart comp and plug the phone back in and it should reinstall it automatically, otherwise do it manually, always wait for DM to finish loading before plugging in phone too, I've had this happen to me many times and it always works

Where is the USB devices? is that in the computer section?
    07-06-09 01:32 AM
    I still havent gotten this problem fixed. any ideas? I restarted both devices and plugged and unplugged lots of cables.
    07-07-09 06:43 PM
    I have the same problem. With my curve, my computer sees it as a storage devise. It doesn't even show my storm.
    07-07-09 09:28 PM
    Very easy go to memory and go to the usb mass and click yes then blackberry button and enable.

07-07-09 10:32 PM
    Ya I made sure to enable it ever since I had my original Storm. It still isnt showing up. BB Device manager will recognize it and I can back up and restore it no problem. However, my computer doesnt even see that the device is plugged into the computer. I find that to be the strange part.
    07-08-09 02:31 PM
    Ya I made sure to enable it ever since I had my original Storm. It still isnt showing up. BB Device manager will recognize it and I can back up and restore it no problem. However, my computer doesnt even see that the device is plugged into the computer. I find that to be the strange part.
    What are you wanting to do that you cant do through DM?
    07-08-09 02:32 PM
    Good question. I want to put some music onto the BB but not through itunes. I would prefer a drag and drop for them like i had done before.
    07-08-09 03:10 PM
    Try the fix you find in the link below:

Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack.com

It does work with the 95xx phones.
    07-08-09 04:12 PM
    so all i need to do is get the attachment and do it?
    07-08-09 04:18 PM
    Yes, just download and run the batch file like the thread says, press any key and your BB will reboot. Then try to connect again and it should work.

I have provided this solution about six times to others on CB and elsewhere when the other options did not work and this usually does.

Good luck
    07-08-09 05:57 PM
    Thank you so much! That did it!
    07-17-09 12:41 PM
    Did the drive download work for you? I have the same problem and I have a driver update program already but still cannot connect Torch to computer.
    01-04-11 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD