Hi, my storm has several problems here.

I can't even browse the net, then switch app to check my received txt messages while listening to music. When i return to the browser it completely lags, the clock thing rotates in the middle of the screen for like 5 minutes. I always need to battery pull. I need help here since There is no point having a storm if im unable to listen to music/browse net/text message.

currently using:

-unlocked storm, using it with Rogers and EDGE
    -OS .148
    - iBot1.2 theme
    -apps: berrywars/boltbrowser/buzzme pro/facebook/googlemaps/meterberry/quicklaunch/quickpull/stoptilt and stormslider

any help would be appreciated
    07-04-09 08:26 AM
    Try using the default theme.
    07-04-09 08:37 AM
    The theme and try removing whatever apps you dont use. I hae noticed that some of the third party apps are memory hogs...
    07-04-09 08:41 AM
    When you put .148 on your phone did wipe your phone first. Sometimes it is a good thing to wipe you phone and do a fresh install. This may help clear up some of those freezing, and lag issues.

I have never used the theme that you have but it could very well be what not allowing you to listen to music and do other things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 08:49 AM
    Thanks for listing everything but he available memory you have left.

07-04-09 09:25 AM
    +1...also:

Full home screen>hold down menu key 2 pull up app switcher 2 check running/open apps (browser, home, msgs, phone + bb msgr, if u have, always appear)>close out apps via menu>close/exit.

Delete excess msgs/pics.

Browser>menu>options>
    Browser configuration>uncheck support javascript & check prompt 2 enable js +
    General properties>check enable js location support & set image quality 2 normal +
    Cache operations>clear all regularly.

Options>security options>memory cleaning>enabled>ur preferences.

Do daily/weekly battery pull.

No results>backup>wipe>reload OS.
    07-04-09 09:38 AM
    Thanks for listing everything but the available memory you have left.
    Options>memory>app memory free space. Shd be @ least 12mb for normal functioning of device, ideally 30mb or above. Fluctuates.
    07-04-09 09:48 AM
    My wifes acted up like that when I upgraded it to .148. I redid it and it worked fine after that.
    07-04-09 10:06 AM
    My wife's acted up like that when I upgraded it to .148. I redid it and it worked fine after that.
    I'm leaning that way tho i put it @ end of my post.
    07-04-09 10:23 AM
    Well, I say fine but she does still get a sim card error sometimes that didn't happen before the upgrade. Haven't had a chance to check into that yet.
    07-04-09 10:25 AM
    Hey all...
    Think OP went out 2 breakfast?
    07-04-09 10:32 AM
    07-04-09 11:21 AM
    You really want to be happy with your storm? Regardless of what anyone else has been saying I'm going to tell you straight up what has hoped me and many others. Install the browser opera mini at opera.mini.com that browser is lightning fast and does not chew up memory. You cab multi task with it. Also go to the app world and download quickpull. Its a battery pull simulator that can be scheduled to reset while your sleeping....so you wake up to a smooth clean running phone every morning and it stays like that all day....ease trust me and you should be fine.
    07-04-09 11:34 AM
    12mb normal? I'm pissed if I hit 25mb. I hover around 40mb and I boot at 50....
    Run shrink an os. Delete memory hog 3rd party apps. For me the worst one was personal assistant. Ate up 20mb... Good example of what to look for. And btw. Quickpull is a half fast fix. I haven't booted in weeks....

07-04-09 12:11 PM
    12mb normal?
    No i said for normal functioning u need @ least 12mb, not that 12 is normal level! I'm usually in low 50s.
    07-04-09 12:20 PM
    Use the default theme and erase old emails/texts etc
    07-04-09 03:01 PM
    Kinda sad, no? I love the Storm, but that's bad if you can't multitask without reverting back to the default theme.
    07-04-09 03:13 PM
    You really want to be happy with your storm? Regardless of what anyone else has been saying I'm going to tell you straight up what has hoped me and many others. Install the browser opera mini at opera.mini.com that browser is lightning fast and does not chew up memory. You cab multi task with it. Also go to the app world and download quickpull. Its a battery pull simulator that can be scheduled to reset while your sleeping....so you wake up to a smooth clean running phone every morning and it stays like that all day....ease trust me and you should be fine.
    This does help a lot!
    I've been running quickpull since it came out, with that 5:00am fresh pull before I wake up.
    And yes, Opera Mini is very fast.
    07-04-09 03:18 PM
    Thanks all for your tips. I have reverted to the basic default theme, and it seems to be working a little bit better. Yes i use quickpull everyday. However i don't know how u guys did to have 50mb of free space , i am always at around 20-30mb. I closed all the apps, only a few run such as meterberry stormslider and weather app.
    07-04-09 04:54 PM
    clean wipe and fresh install of .148 was the only way I was able to get close to 50 mb.
    07-04-09 10:49 PM
    Thanks for suggesting Opera Mini. I just installed it and it works great. Takes some getting used to...having to bring up the keyboard all the time. But, I can just touch my selection, instead of clicking the screen. It's great and FAST. Even the accelerometer is faster and responds as it should. I love it. Makes hanging onto my Storm a lot more bearable. But, I'm still anxious for Storm 2. Hope it's a LOT better or it may be "Bye-bye, Verizon".
    Last edited by milamaxxx; 07-05-09 at 12:11 AM. Reason: forgot something
    07-05-09 12:04 AM
    Thanks for suggesting Opera Mini. I just installed it and it works great. Takes some getting used to...having to bring up the keyboard all the time. But, I can just touch my selection, instead of clicking the screen. It's great and FAST. I love it. Makes hanging onto my Storm a lot more bearable. But, I'm still anxious for Storm 2. Hope it's a LOT better or it may be "Bye-bye, Verizon".
    Go to the thread called "why is opera mini so fast? It tells you how to make the keyboard automatic
    07-05-09 12:07 AM
    delete all the unnecessary/unused apps u have and do a batt pull 3 times a day.
    07-05-09 01:47 AM
    Yeah typical issues with the storm... IMHO get the tour, this will solve your issues
    aha. at it again huh? how'd that last thread turn out?
    07-05-09 01:48 AM
    delete all the unnecessary/unused apps u have and do a batt pull 3 times a day.
    What's wrong with your phone? Batt. Pull three times a day is too much install quickpull
    07-05-09 01:59 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD