I have had my blackberry curve 8330 for about a month now, and I am not terribly satisfied with it.

Here are my likes and dislikes:
    I like the qwerty keyboard for typing, its great.
    I like the ability to see and respond to my emails on the go.
    I like being able to browse the web on the go.
    Mini SDHC slot is nice, plenty of storage.

Dislikes
    Browsing the web is not comfortable, screen is too small and I usually have to scroll endlessly through pages as using column view is really the only decent way to go.
    Many websites are simply unbrowsable due to flash and java apps.
    Coughing up an extra 20/mo for buisness email isnt worth it. 30/mo for email and web is alright, but still pricy considering my nicely organized outlook email wont ever be synced with my phone, and I will do double work deleting emails.
    Trying to sync your organized email is hopeless if you dont have exchange email.
    Photo quality could be better. Browsing photo's is slow, (using class 6 card)
    Taking video shouldn't even be an option with such poor quality.
    Available apps are limited, take forever to download, have trouble installing, and are just a bad experience so far.

Now I'm sure someone can argue or even correct me on several of my quibbles, but honestly, I don't feel the extra 30/mo is really worth it for getting crappy email service and poor web browsing. I would much rather switch carriers and get an iphone at this point.
    07-04-09 01:51 AM
    What did you use before the Blackberry?
    07-04-09 02:18 AM
    That doesn't even sound logical, true blackberry users would never ever consider ditching...think about what you are sayin. Have you been drinking?
    07-04-09 02:19 AM
    This post is all despite the fact that the Curve 83xx is an obsolete device.
    07-04-09 02:39 AM
    What did you use before the Blackberry?
    I used a crap phone samsung SCH something... i think it was, i was resisting getting a smartphone, due to the increased monthly costs, i am typically near a PC, and i use Logmein almost 24/7 when I am at a PC, so I usually have everything at my fingertips, but being on the go and watching less tech savvy people get smartphones around me... I finally gave in, only to be rather disappointed, i feel like i would have to dish out 50/mo for the BES to get the email organization/sync issues sorted out. That is just too much of a hassle since all my emails are pop3.

If I can teach this dog (blackberry) new tricks, I'll keep trying, but it seems like alot of work, for such little reward.

That doesn't even sound logical, true blackberry users would never ever consider ditching...think about what you are sayin. Have you been drinking?
    Yes, I understand I will likely be facing termination fee's. And No, I haven't been drinking. The 4th of July party is tonight.
    Last edited by nowwhatnapster; 07-04-09 at 02:44 AM.
    07-04-09 02:41 AM
    I would not consider a phone that costs $150+ new an obsolete device, please enlighten me. i clearly thought I was purchasing something mid-stream of smart phones.
    07-04-09 02:51 AM
    I have had my blackberry curve 8330 for about a month now, and I am not terribly satisfied with it.

Dislikes
    Browsing the web is not comfortable, screen is too small and I usually have to scroll endlessly through pages as using column view is really the only decent way to go.
    Coughing up an extra 20/mo for buisness email isnt worth it. 30/mo for email and web is alright, but still pricy considering my nicely organized outlook email wont ever be synced with my phone, and I will do double work deleting emails.
    Trying to sync your organized email is hopeless if you dont have exchange email.
    Available apps are limited, take forever to download, have trouble installing, and are just a bad experience so far.

Now I'm sure someone can argue or even correct me on several of my quibbles, but honestly, I don't feel the extra 30/mo is really worth it for getting crappy email service and poor web browsing. I would much rather switch carriers and get an iphone at this point.
    Well I have to say that I love my 8310, the pictures that I take are just fine, FOR A PHONE as are the videos. If scrolling down during web-browsing is taking too long, why not just use the space bar? That way you can jump down the page in steps or check out my other browser shortcuts in my signature, they may help you out a little or maybe a different browser all together would help you out. As for apps, there seems to be a ton out there, ask around & I'm sure someone on here can point you in the right direction for what you're looking for.

I love reading that phones are obsolete, it means no longer in use or no longer useful, well I can definitely say that my 8310 is always in use & definitely useful! The original Atari, probably obsolete, but any phone on the market right now, same with computers are on their way out, technology is always changing, until they're totally not being sold in stores anymore I wouldn't say anything is obsolete.
    07-04-09 09:47 AM
    What phone were you thinking of switching to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 10:06 AM
    Get Bolt Browser its free and shows web pages just as they are shown on your pc. I think you still cant use flash though.
    07-04-09 11:34 AM

Dislikes
    The iPhone data plan on at&t is going to cost you about as much as the BlackBerry data plan on Verizon so I don't think that would solve your problem.

As FL_Patriot_Fan said I think the pictures that the Curve takes are pretty good for a phone. I don't expect my phone to take digital camera quality photos, that's why I have a separate camera.

You could try getting a Storm and see if you like the screen size better. I would consider other options before paying out the early termination fees.
    07-04-09 01:58 PM
    Why not get the tour next week?

07-04-09 02:35 PM
    How is it obsolete??
    07-04-09 02:52 PM
    I just got a 8320 as a upgrade. Last week it is currently being shipped I love the way the phone looks. I'm a mild txter and web browser iys perfect for me I don't need the speed I've checked out the 8900 my girl has it and its nothing special to me TBH I like it but somethin about 8320 that has caught my eye it will tide me over till something better comes along

07-04-09 04:14 PM
    Sorry you don't like your berry,but u say ur usually near a pc, so having a phone that surfs the web and the ability to check emails may not be as necessary as you think. Opt-ing for the iphone I think you will be just as unhappy. Try researching devices that have some-most-or all the capabilities that you need before deciding to ditch the berry.

07-04-09 05:44 PM
    the curve 8330 is not obsolete, he's saying that because he has a crappy storm 9530 and thinks its better than the curve. -_- wrong. idk how ppl can even use the cheap feeling storms(9500 and 9530). they feel like theyr already broken when your buy them new because the screen moves down to press another one...thats just ret****d ...kinda went on a rant about my dislike for the storm...but ya....the curve isnt obsolete.. :I
    07-04-09 05:51 PM
    I wouldn't say the 8320 was a current handset and surprised people still buy them unless they are on a tight budget.

Comparing an 8320 to a iphone is like comparing chocolate to cheese... they are both food, but thats about it.

I dont see the point in getting an old device and expecting new performance. I have a Bold and its the dogs compared to whats currently out... but i'm sure that will chance in 12 months time and i'll be flogging it to some body else to moan about the outdated screen resolution and functions to.
    07-04-09 06:10 PM
    I don't think my 8330 is exactly obsolete. True its not cutting edge technology or anything but its a work horse and solid as a rock.
    07-04-09 07:22 PM
    I can agree with you on the most of the cons. The camera let alone the video game are both terrible. I would say that the curve has some aps, but when compared to the iphone and pre its terrible.
    07-04-09 07:54 PM
    Now I think your drunk dude, saying the 83xx is obsolete is plain ridiculous. The only thing close to obsolete is the processor which isn't that noticable considering the fact that the phone doesn't need much cpu...

07-04-09 08:13 PM

Dislikes

Having read your post, and re-read all your dislikes, I really have no option but to totally agree with you that it is time to ditch this phone.

If I could, may I suggest a replacement that hopefully will meet all your needs.

Good luck!
    07-04-09 08:14 PM
    Now I think your drunk dude, saying the 83xx is obsolete is plain ridiculous. The only thing close to obsolete is the processor which isn't that noticable considering the fact that the phone doesn't need much cpu...

Aye -- I'm new to these forums -- I suppose you guys probably get posts like this pretty regular here (like I do over at Android forums).

A device is only "obsolete" (in computer terms) when its ports/inputs are no longer compatible with the rest of the computer world.

Does the Curve 83xx take MicroSD cards? Does it take SIM cards?

Then it's not obsolete. Plain and simple.

Trust me, I use a G1, but there are times when my partner's Curve 8320 seems damn attractive -- such as the fact that 1) the battery lasts about two days longer than mine, and 2) it has UMA capabilities (iPhone's don't have that) that turns any Wifi network into a cell network (my Android phone can't even make calls within my house because T-Mobile's service is so crappy :P ).
    07-04-09 08:34 PM
    The curve 8300 outperforms the storm by far
    07-04-09 08:49 PM
    Having read your post, and re-read all your dislikes, I really have no option but to totally agree with you that it is time to ditch this phone.

If I could, may I suggest a replacement that hopefully will meet all your needs.

Good luck!

That's cold and heartless. Lol. I remember mine
    07-04-09 09:03 PM
    Sounds like you need an i phone if your that unhappy.
    07-04-09 09:04 PM
    love it. your on verizon plan charge you extra for data I'am with sprint 9 years now Have great service, speeds are quick plan is great too unlimted data for no extra charge they have the sprint nascar app that is awsome and the nfl app. last year showing whole games on thursday nights try slacker or iheart radio works great on the 8330 also movies play good have a 16 gb card on mine 4.5.131 thinking about tour but.....naaaaa stay with 8330 till newer (9520) comes out
    07-04-09 09:38 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD