Yo,

So I got my 9530 unlocked and all, and I bought an international pre-paid SIM card from Telestial. I will be going on deployment here in less than two weeks and I will visiting multiple countries, so I figured this was the easiest method for me to use. Anyway, that doesn't matter as far as the problem i'm having. I am trying to make sure this will work. I put the SIM card in, changed the network settings to GSM, and it connected to an AT&T network. The problem is, it's connected as SOS only, there is no coverage (or so it says). My roommate has an iPhone 3GS, so i know there is a 3G signal at our house because his is always connected. I'm just wondering why this thing won't connect to the EDGE network, it's just staying in emergency mode or whatever. It's the same when I use manual network selection and choose the T-Mobile network that is available, nothing changes. I try to go into the SIM Card options menu and disable security, but no matter what PIN I put in, it always says "Unable to disable security". What do you guys think I should do?
    07-03-09 06:00 PM
    There has been problems with unlocked Storms (9530, not 9500) working properly with EDGE. Seems that the 9500, which is just a GSM phone (not a CDMA/GSM phone) works better and is more reliable on the EDGE in the US. The good news is that the 9530 does work well overseas on the GSM networks there.
    07-03-09 06:10 PM
    You mention that your roommate has an AT&T Iphone. Have you tried his/her SIM in your phone? It should work and be able to make calls. I have some old sims that do not have service and when I try them, I get the same "sos" message, but when I try my son's AT&T go phone SIM in my storm I can dial and receive calls using AT&T's network.
    07-03-09 06:35 PM
    I'll give it a shot, i appreciate the advice.
    07-03-09 06:44 PM
    hi,
    I was just wondering if you can put a at&t prepaid sim card ina unlocked blackberry curve and will it work and have any problems receiving and sending text messages.
    07-15-09 10:41 PM
    hi,
    I was just wondering if you can put a at&t prepaid sim card ina unlocked blackberry curve and will it work and have any problems receiving and sending text messages.
    Wrong forum man, but that should be fine, as long as it is text not BB messenger and not email
    07-15-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD