Hello all. I am a totally new BlackBerry user and overall I am pleased with my phone. However, there is one thing that is really really annoying. My keys sound like the keys on a toy phone. Whenever I type, there is a crackling sound with every key press. Is there a break in period for the keyboard or is this not nornal? Thanks for any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 03:48 AM
    Oops. Nornal should be "normal."

07-03-09 03:51 AM
    What do you mean crackling sound? Are you talking about the overall sound the keys make when pressed, or kind of a creeky, squeaky sound, almost as if the keys are shifting around a little bit (all the keys are connected to eachother)? Occasionally I get this, but only when it's humid a little bit, which is maybe about 2% of the time. If we're talking about the same thing, almost 100% of the time I don't have this issue.
    07-03-09 04:00 AM
    It's loud enough so I might try and get some audio or video of it. It's 100% of the time with every key press. When I type a message, it sounds like I'm playing with that crinkly plastic packing material (I forget the actual term). Thanks for the reply and I welcome any other feedback.
    07-03-09 05:13 AM
    I had this to, it got better with some time. There are still some keys on here that do it, the ones I don't hit as often as others.

07-03-09 06:34 AM
    Mine sounded pretty loud when I first got it but the more I used it the quieter it gets. It didn't sound nearly as bad as what you are describing it as.

07-03-09 06:54 AM
    I see. It is in fact getting better the more I use it. Still pretty loud but already better than when I started this thread. I'll post an update in a few days. Many thanks for the replies!
    07-03-09 01:31 PM
    too bad theres no aftermarket keypads like in the old days with the nokia phone
    07-03-09 01:35 PM
    Yeah the creaky keypad is standard on new Blackberries. When i got mine new from Sprint it did it pretty bad and has gotten better over the last couple of weeks. I kinda just learned to ignore it.
    07-03-09 01:37 PM
    Id try some WD40.
    07-03-09 01:39 PM
    lol Tony!

And just to confirm, it did in fact get 99% better over the course of the past week. So anyone who may find this in the future, no worries, it's just a "breaking in" kind of thing.

Thanks!
    07-11-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD