Not sure why some are not able to pre-order but the solution MAY be how you are going about getting into VZW's site.

This is rather simple but for those who for whatever can't get it to work. Try this "solution"

If this does not work. Something is definitely wrong : )

Good luck.

Go to verizonwireless/log into my verizon/see your phone and click red "go" button to the right of it/hit upgrade/click "show upgrade options" red button/scroll down to the tour and add it to the cart.

You will go through entire process of ordering minutes, accessories etc etc and on check-out you will be given the option to add it to your bill or pay other ways.

That's it. Your done. Don't know why others can't get it to work but if you're going to verizonwireless.com and going through My Verizon tab it has to work.

Hope this helps kiddies.

Peace

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 02:11 AM
    Not sure why some are not able to pre-order but the solution MAY be how you are going about getting into VZW's site.

This is rather simple but for those who for whatever can't get it to work. Try this "solution"

Good luck.

Go to verizonwireless/log into my verizon/see your phone and click red "go" button to the right of it/hit upgrade/click "show upgrade options" red button/scroll down to the tour and add it to the cart.

You will go through entire process of ordering minutes, accessories etc etc and on check-out you will be given the option to add it to your bill or pay other ways.

That's it. Your done. Don't know why others can't get it to work but if you're going to verizonwireless.com and going through My Verizon tab it has to work.

Hope this helps kiddies.

Peace

I think its been narrowed down..

the phone doesn't even show up in the list ever if you have a corporate discounted account..
    07-03-09 02:12 AM
    I tried that a few times and it doesn't show up on the list of available phones.
    07-03-09 02:18 AM
    I tried that a few times and it doesn't show up on the list of available phones.
    You have a corporate acct?

07-03-09 02:22 AM
    Doesn't work for me... I have a corp discount...
    07-03-09 02:38 AM
    Doesn't work for me... I have a corp discount...
    Me neither. I have a Corp discount as well.
    07-03-09 02:43 AM
    hmmm... ima just wait till maybe a week in
    07-03-09 02:52 AM
    Screw it. I'll just get it in store on the 13th. I would've liked to order it online cause of the instant discount (I've heard those don't apply in store) but whatever. At least I'll leave with it in my hands.
    07-03-09 03:03 AM
    Screw it. I'll just get it in store on the 13th. I would've liked to order it online cause of the instant discount (I've heard those don't apply in store) but whatever. At least I'll leave with it in my hands.

why not the 12th?
    07-03-09 03:23 AM
    why not the 12th?
    Mom's B-Day. Got a bunch of family stuff going on and I probably won't have time to get to a store. That's another reason I was hoping to preorder. Talk about horrible timing lol. Family first though.

EDIT: 50th post! I'm movin' up in the (crackberry) world!!
    Last edited by Iceman0803; 07-03-09 at 04:16 AM.
    07-03-09 04:13 AM
    The problem isnt just upgrades. I cant even add a new line of service and the Tour. Shameful to say the least. Can Verizon do ANYTHING right at all? It seems everytime they ever get a new phone or have a launch they find a way to bungle it. Seriously.
    07-03-09 07:55 AM
    It really isn't going to be that big of a deal. It isn't too convenient. But we'll get our tours.

07-03-09 08:15 AM
    People, what it is is this: You have to first change your plan to a plan that supports the Tour. Then they send you an email confirming the plan change.
    Then, when you log back in to VZW.com, you can order online as the phone will now appear on the list of devices you can upgrade to.

No one tells you these things, I just had to figure it out on my own.

VZW employees are intentionally left clueless by the company. It's not that they do not have the intellect, they are just like mushrooms.

Kept in the dark and fed $ h i t.
    07-03-09 08:33 AM
    People, what it is is this: You have to first change your plan to a plan that supports the Tour. Then they send you an email confirming the plan change.
    Then, when you log back in to VZW.com, you can order online as the phone will now appear on the list of devices you can upgrade to.

VZW employees are intentionally left clueless by the company. It's not that they do not have the intellect, they are just like mushrooms.

Change plan to what?? I already have all of the plan options required for a BB.
    07-03-09 09:39 AM
    Perhaps a BlackBerry specific plan?
    07-03-09 09:46 AM

This makes no sense at all you are talking to people like myself who are already Blackberry users and we have the appropriate plans in place.
    07-03-09 09:47 AM
    This makes no sense at all you are talking to people like myself who are already Blackberry users and we have the appropriate plans in place.
    Exactly. Im already on a Nationwide Select Family plan with two BlackBerrys and two BlackBerry Data plans. What more can I do??
    07-03-09 09:48 AM
    Exactly. Im already on a Nationwide Select Family plan with two BlackBerrys and two BlackBerry Data plans. What more can I do??
    Same here. Nationwide Select 900 w/ BB Data Plan.
    07-03-09 09:57 AM
    1. The first rep told me it was a Web/internet problem and forwarded me (who knows where). After 5 "please wait" messages the line cut off.

2. The second rep couldn't figure it out. I do have a corp (actually University employee) plan.
    07-03-09 10:03 AM
    As somebody has already pointed out. It appears corporate users/plans are left hanging at the moment.

07-03-09 10:33 AM
    There's nothing to change. I already have a Pearl.
    07-03-09 10:40 AM

Good luck.

Hope this helps kiddies.

Peace

my problem is that after i do all of that the tour is not showing up in the list of phones
    07-03-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD