Hi,
    I'm creating my first theme, and I don't know what to use for icons or wallpapers. I found some on the internet, but I don't know if I can use them. Do I have to site the source of the icons when giving out my theme, or can't I use them at all? Or do I have to create them?

Thanks
    07-02-09 05:17 PM
    Just use the default icons for your first theme... you will spend a lot of time just making minor changes and tweaking font sizes... don't worry about the icon... as for wallpaper... use Google's image search to find something you like... you need to figure out what you want for a theme before you can get wallpapers.
    07-02-09 05:44 PM
    Thanks. And thats what I have done so far. I was looking to make a windows vistaish sort of theme, and I thought it would look better with some different icons. I just don't want to use something I can't.
    07-02-09 06:39 PM
    if you use icons from somewhere i would suggest in theme builder going to preferences, metadata tab and in there i would list where everything came from or if you are using things like logos usually they dont care because it is free advertising
    07-02-09 06:41 PM
    So that will site everything for me?
    07-02-09 06:48 PM
    yes if you put it in there (cited properly) it will be branded to the theme if you go to options applications and click on the name of the theme in the information your citations will show.
    07-02-09 06:58 PM
    Great! Cited properly means the website name?
    07-02-09 07:01 PM
    and the image used just to be safe, but know that it would be best if you requested the use of the icon prior to using it and offer them to give them proper credit for it.
    07-02-09 07:09 PM
    Ok great. That works for me.
    07-02-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD