So I called about getting the tour, and verizon said my NE2 isnt till next year in March. My cancelation fee right now is $130, and the retail of the new Tour is just shy of $500. So to cancel my line and get the tour it would cost me about $350.

What I am asking Verizon is to just swap my Storm for a Tour and if needed extend my contract. So I dont have to go threw the hassle of getting a new line and sending out my new number to my contacts, I think it would only be fair, or good customer service to just swap my phone.

So what do u think? I am in the wrong and asking too much?

UPDATE: page 2
    Last edited by TuRtZiLLa; 07-09-09 at 04:51 PM.
    07-02-09 09:57 AM
    i belive full retail on the tour is 599
    07-02-09 10:02 AM
    Your being needy but it makes sense. Go to

www.verizonwirelesssurvey.com

Post a zero for the survey and write what you just wrote here and hopefully someone will call you and you will be able to upgrade at the 2 year price
    07-02-09 10:04 AM
    Sell the Storm and get a Tour. I don't believe Vzw deals with trade ins. Honestly You have had months to get things in order to get your self a Tour. Good luck. The count down has started.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 10:04 AM
    Cancel your line. Start a new one and get your tour and then sell your Storm. You'll break pretty close to even.
    07-02-09 10:07 AM
    Yes and no. I think they will let you upgrade as long as you are at least 1 year into your plan. You should be able to get it for the 2 year contract price if you resign your 2 year contract. I think you lose your NE2 tho when you do this.

I really dont see how so many people here think they deserve something for nothing. Its like buying a TV and after some time try to take it back to trade for a newer better model. It does not work like that. You bought a phone, had 30 days to try, signed a contract and should have known what you were getting into. I think their upgrade policy is more than fair.
    07-02-09 10:09 AM
    Cancel your line. Start a new one and get your tour and then sell your Storm. You'll break pretty close to even.
    thats exactly what I told the guy, but to provide me with customer service and for my convenience I would rather swap my phone.

I really dont see how so many people here think they deserve something for nothing. Its like buying a TV and after some time try to take it back to trade for a newer better model. It does not work like that. You bought a phone, had 30 days to try, signed a contract and should have known what you were getting into. I think their upgrade policy is more than fair.
    I agree with you on the TV and a car and anything other electronic you purchase, but at the end of it all im still getting a new tour. I just the way i get it... 1. New line, new contract and sell storm and break even 2. CS sees what I am going to do and they say "hey dont go threw all that trouble, ur gonna get a new Tour, but lets just let u keep ur current number and keep u happy with us.
    Last edited by TuRtZiLLa; 07-02-09 at 10:24 AM.
    07-02-09 10:16 AM
    There is nothing wrong with wanting the best, especially if you have had your Storm since day one and had to suffer through .65 and .75. I think it is worth a shot and I have seen several recent posts of Storm owners getting a pure exchange; the Tour for the Storm. I wouldn't blame you honestly, but I would be slightly hesitant. Jumping into a phone sounds unsafe because there is the possibility that the Tour could be a just a bug ridden as the Storm and then you are back to square one.
    07-02-09 10:32 AM
    $489 actually.

If it were up to me I'd just allow you to extend your contract and have you pay the difference in value of your Storm. Your way would work, and I'm sure they would realize what you're doing but it wouldn't be worth the hassle to me if I were in CS. Good luck.
    07-02-09 10:33 AM
    There is nothing wrong with wanting the best, especially if you have had your Storm since day one and had to suffer through .65 and .75. I think it is worth a shot and I have seen several recent posts of Storm owners getting a pure exchange; the Tour for the Storm. I wouldn't blame you honestly, but I would be slightly hesitant. Jumping into a phone sounds unsafe because there is the possibility that the Tour could be a just a bug ridden as the Storm and then you are back to square one.
    I just want my physical KEYBOARD back! , bugs or no bugs
    07-02-09 10:37 AM
    Nope $489.99
    07-02-09 10:47 AM
    Have you been in your current contract over a year? I assume you have since you said your NE2 is up next march (2010). They should let you upgrade at the 2 year price, but you forgo your NE2 for another 2 years. I would think that is the cheapest route.
    07-02-09 10:47 AM
    Have you been in your current contract over a year? I assume you have since you said your NE2 is up next march (2010). They should let you upgrade at the 2 year price, but you forgo your NE2 for another 2 years. I would think that is the cheapest route.
    I was talking to a supervisor and he said I have two options... Full retail or get a warrenty replacement Storm, and absolutly no NE2 price or get NE2 date moved up.... "Period" and i quote straight from his mouth
    07-02-09 11:31 AM
    I was talking to a supervisor and he said I have two options... Full retail or get a warrenty replacement Storm, and absolutly no NE2 price or get NE2 date moved up.... "Period" and i quote straight from his mouth
    Good for them. Sell your Storm and buy a Tour.

Just because it's "inconvenient" for you, doesn't make it a good business proposal to Verizon. Now, if you had 30 business lines and were threatening to cancel over it, that's different.

You are too small a fish for them to care.
    07-02-09 12:14 PM
    If that's the case I'd cancel, sell the Storm, and renew with a Tour. You'll probably end up just paying for the ETF if you act quick and sell your Storm while there's still a decent market for it. I got $250 for mine about a month back.
    07-02-09 12:18 PM
    If that's the case I'd cancel, sell the Storm, and renew with a Tour. You'll probably end up just paying for the ETF if you act quick and sell your Storm while there's still a decent market for it. I got $250 for mine about a month back.
    haha, i just found a local buyer for $300...

I am going the new line and phone, sell storm and break even route...i just wanted to rant
    07-02-09 12:20 PM
    keep in mind you can't really be mad about it because you did sign the contract when you wanted the storm so bad
    07-02-09 12:43 PM
    UPDATE:
    After the sup that promised me a call back from his sup didn't call back...I called back talked to another sup who offered to have theirr sup call me back and I said no, look what happend last time..... she put me on hold for about 10min, then agreed to sell me the tour for the 2 year price! but i have to pay my early termination fee...BUT i get to keep my current number so it all worked out okay!
    Last edited by TuRtZiLLa; 07-09-09 at 04:49 PM.
    07-09-09 04:47 PM
    My NE2 is up in November of 2009 which is a few months away. I was allowed to get an early upgrade and decided to forgo the extra $50 off If I had waited. My tour is expected to arrive July 14th.

$199 plus tax no ETF and just renewed for 2 years

Interesting that they would not do that for you.
    07-09-09 06:49 PM
    My NE2 is up in November of 2009 which is a few months away. I was allowed to get an early upgrade and decided to forgo the extra $50 off If I had waited. My tour is expected to arrive July 14th.

what's ETF? I know sorry.... but when you don't know.... you don't know
    07-09-09 06:59 PM
    Pretty much my sentiments... It all boils down to being impatient and discontent with your current phone.

At any rate, VZW is running a new promotion. I'll start another thread to talk about it.
    07-09-09 07:01 PM

that is because my NE2 isn't till like 04/2010....
    07-09-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD