I figured I would ask in a forum I've never ventured into! I was planning on getting the Tour, until I remembered the Storm 2! The Storm, with it's sexy looks is what made me want a BB in the first place. But because I was on Sprint, I settled for the Curve. Do you guys think that the Storm 2 will come to Sprint shortly after it launches on Verizon, whenever that may be? And also, I really like the touch screen factor, but not so much the Sure Press, although it is not a deal breaker. Will the Storm 2 feature Sure Press? I use my phone mostly for texting, a lot. Music, Sprint TV, email, pictures, and some third party apps.
    07-02-09 09:27 AM
    I would go with the Tour. I have the Bold and it is just a great device. Based on the things you noted you use your phone for, I think you will really like the Tour.

Also, since Verizon had an exclusive to the Storm, I wouldn't count on the new model coming to Sprint.
    07-02-09 09:39 AM
    You simply can't beat the large screen on the Storm, but I don't think it will come to sprint. Once the phones get paired up to an exclusive provider, they're not to quick to change. You could always buy one and have it unlocked. It will likely be November or later before it actually hits the market. If you can't wait, get the Tour.
    07-02-09 10:00 AM
    Have you played with a Storm? If not then I would go to a local Verizon and mess round with one. And if you like it, you can wait for the second Storm. I have heard nothing but good coming from the Storm 2. Also if you wait to play with the Storm til the Tour is released. You can see if you actually want the Tour.
    07-02-09 10:03 AM
    If you have nails you will have issues with the storm period. It doens't recognize nail only heat from the finger. It'd have to be a major improvement over the storm for me to want to even try one again.
    07-02-09 12:17 PM
    Storm2 Should be a great device, with a predicted release in October.

However, I don't see this phone coming to Sprint, so in your case i'd probably stick to the Tour.

Sorry to burst any hope man! lol

BUT! The tour is a great device too. I thought it was the sexiest thing since Megan Fox until I saw it next to the Onyx.. I just jizzed..
    07-02-09 12:20 PM
    go with the tour. a bit more compact, tactile keypad, you can text and drive easily!

as an owner of the storm, im quite disappointed with its touch screen issues as well as other pertinent flaws.
    07-02-09 08:48 PM
    I figured I would ask in a forum I've never ventured into! I was planning on getting the Tour, until I remembered the Storm 2! The Storm, with it's sexy looks is what made me want a BB in the first place. But because I was on Sprint, I settled for the Curve. Do you guys think that the Storm 2 will come to Sprint shortly after it launches on Verizon, whenever that may be? And also, I really like the touch screen factor, but not so much the Sure Press, although it is not a deal breaker. Will the Storm 2 feature Sure Press? I use my phone mostly for texting, a lot. Music, Sprint TV, email, pictures, and some third party apps.
    "texting a lot" = get the Tour.
    07-02-09 09:51 PM
    go with the tour. a bit more compact, tactile keypad, you can text and drive easily!

as an owner of the storm, im quite disappointed with its touch screen issues as well as other pertinent flaws.
    The Tour and the Storm are almost identical in size, with the Storm being a bit thinner. The Tour is a helluva lot lighter, though.
    07-02-09 10:56 PM
    Sprint isn't getting the Storm 2, but they will have their own Touchscreen BlackBerry in the future. Get the Tour for now, or you could wait for the Curve replacement.
    Last edited by Sinternet Jr.; 07-03-09 at 07:33 AM.
    07-03-09 07:29 AM
    "texting a lot" = get the Tour.
    Not totally true... anyone that knows me knows I text and bbm a LOT on my Storm...
    Could I be quicker on a Tour? Prolly... but you can be pretty proficient with the Storm...

As far as Storm 2 or Tour?
    If you want a touchscreen phone... wait for the Storm 2... if you want a real keyboard... get the Tour... it's that simple...
    I'll be waiting for the Storm 2...
    07-03-09 09:04 AM
    This is my plan. I have a storm. I am eligible for upgrade so I will be getting the Tour. And when or if the Storm 2 comes out I will sale both my Storm and Tour and between the two I would guess I'd get atleast 400 and with all the BB retails averaging under 500 ill just make the difference up and get it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 04:14 PM
    im holding off on the Tour until the Storm 2 comes out. Woot!
    07-03-09 04:32 PM
    yep waiting for the storm 2 hurry
    07-03-09 04:33 PM
    I'm waiting for the Storm 2 before I make a decision between it and the Tour.
    07-04-09 12:12 AM
    Yeah if you like a big screen the storm 2 is the one now if you like to text/type faster the tour would be your best bet
    07-04-09 12:20 AM
    Why waste your time with the Tour?? It is essentially your Curve with a couple modifications (screen/processor).

I love my Storm and contrary to all the negative people out there, I have had no more issues with it than any other phone. Having a BB with a huge touchscreen is awesome. Being able to read long e-mail messages on one complete screen is great. Viewing websites is even better. The endless scrolling required on the smaller screened BBs is cumbersome. Get the Storm 1, 2, 3, whatever....
    07-04-09 09:22 AM
    Yeah if you like a big screen the storm 2 is the one now if you like to text/type faster the tour would be your best bet
    Clearly you have never texted or typed on a Storm. I am just as fast with the Storm as with the Curve. I have even grown slightly accustomed to the Suretype thing. I never understood how Pearl owners did it, but I absolutely love it.

Anything new takes some getting used to, but be realistic about your expectations and you will be happy. The Storm is awesome.
    07-04-09 09:24 AM
    I'm waiting for the Storm 2. Iv'e been hearing some great positive things about it and I'm really excited to see what the final product is. BTW I text pretty fast on my regular Storm...but maybe that's cuz I'm quick with everything and seeing that I'm below the age of 20, grew up with these devices.
    07-04-09 10:10 PM
    i think the big screen in the storm is the big plus

however the input method somehow is a pain, so i reckon u should get Tour instead
    07-05-09 08:08 AM
    Regarding the storm2, we don't even have an unofficial release date... So, if you don't want to wait the tour would be good. Beside all the problems that "some people" have had with the storm, I would be a bit skeptical. The storm is good, but it just reminds me too much of the iphone & the users. If your a serious user maybe the tour. But remember, how many storms are there in ebay with cracked screens?...
    07-05-09 08:28 AM
    I am also considering the same question as the OP.

Here is my situation. I carry two Berrys currently and will continue to do so. I have used Blackberrys for about 4 years and am a serious user. Presently I use the Storm which I have had since release on BIS for business use that I want more freedom of use and media capabilities than my corporate connection BES on the Pearl allows. That is why I carry two. Before the Pearl I used a full size qwerty 7250 for several years so I was used to traditional keyboards.

Now here is my real issue. I have adapted to different style keyboards over the years going from 7250 => Pearl => Storm. Each keyboard adaptation seems to take a couple of weeks to get pretty good and from there I gradually get faster yet. I had little adaptation to the Storm since I use it 90% of the time in portrait Suretype just like the Pearl. I was excited about and planning to replace my Pearl with the Tour 9630 thus carrying it and the Storm at the same time. Now I am having second thoughts about the Tour as the release date approaches, not because I doubt the quality of the phone but just the idea of using and typing alternately on two different styles of phones, one Suretype and one not.

Should I wait and carry two different touchscreen Storms, original and Storm 2 or will the difference in those devices pose just as much issue?

I guess I am especially asking people that use and test lots of pre-release devices what they think about adapting to multiple devices. Crucial has said that the Storm 2 will basically not disappoint those that wanted Storm 1.
    07-05-09 09:02 AM
    I'm elegible to upgrade now. I'm just gonna wait for the Storm 2. I think RIM realized the mistake they made with the Storm before they released it. Therefore making a Storm 2. If you're gonna make a product you just don't make one style and you always think of ways to make the original better.
    07-05-09 12:50 PM
    Since I have the 8900 as my personal BB, I would rather get the Storm 2 as my work BB considering we use Verizon. I'm glad that RIM got rid of that click screen garbage.
    07-05-09 07:27 PM
    Since you are with Sprint, you will only get the Storm 2 if you get an unlocked one. Might as well go with the Tour since it is going to Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 12:38 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD