Ok, so I'm going off to college in the next two months but I need to get a gift for my girlfriend as like a 'See you soon' present. I've made her a couple of CDs with covers and all which make her cry, and I'm gonna give her my soccer team jacket, but I want to give her something else too, something that she'll remember forever whether I'm with her or not. Any ideas? I've asked my friends, they're all clueless!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 08:04 AM
    I would say a necklace.
    Or make her a photo album of the two of you.
    07-02-09 08:26 AM
    I agree a necklace would be nice. Doesn't have to be anything hugely expensive, either. You are so sweet! She's a lucky girl. This coming from a mid 40s old lady

07-02-09 09:34 AM
    I agree a necklace would be nice. Doesn't have to be anything hugely expensive, either. You are so sweet! She's a lucky girl. This coming from a mid 40s old lady

Thanks =] and I'd do that, but we already got matching rings and I've already bought her a bracelet, so won't it be a bit redundant? I may just make an album, but I don't think I've taken enough pictures with her since its only been six months or so.
    07-02-09 10:01 AM
    Thanks =] and I'd do that, but we already got matching rings and I've already bought her a bracelet, so won't it be a bit redundant? I may just make an album, but I don't think I've taken enough pictures with her since its only been six months or so.
    Well if you decide to do the album you could just take pictures of her and her family, you and your family and then the pictures of ya'll that you do have.
    07-02-09 10:04 AM
    Well if you decide to do the album you could just take pictures of her and her family, you and your family and then the pictures of ya'll that you do have.
    Yeah, but it'd be a bit weird for me to ask for pictures of her family and I want to make it a special just for us kind of thing.
    07-02-09 10:26 AM
    I like the idea of a photo album of the two of u together...it would be even better if u make the album yourself.
    Make the album of the things that u've been through togehter...u can make it kind of a storybook.

07-02-09 10:36 AM
    yeah photo albums or posters are a good idea too...
    Anklets are another good idea for a jewelery, something different
    07-02-09 08:03 PM
    Consider making a "Coupon Book" with various different redeemable coupons...hand-made is better than store bought, of course.
    You could try creating coupons for actions, gestures or ideas you two have shared in the past; maybe a "Good for 1 hug like the one we snuck in at church when no one was looking"; or a "Good for 1 Across the room Wink like that glance we shared at the museum"...get creative, think about things that are specific to you two. Even though she may not be able to "redeem" them immediately due to the distance between you she can read through them and know you care by the moments you capture.
    The more personal attention you can put in will reflect the deepness of your feelings and will be noticed by her for sure.
    Good luck at school and hope this might be of some small help.
    07-03-09 07:39 AM
    Get her a dirtbike!

But seriously, whatever you decide on, you should get a couple sappy going away cards, those normally go over pretty well. I know its nothing permanent but its a cheap way to show you care.
    I think you should get her a book. I know its not romantic or anything but everytime she sees/reads that book, she will think of you. Guaranteed.

07-03-09 09:05 AM
    Consider making a "Coupon Book" with various different redeemable coupons...hand-made is better than store bought, of course.
    You could try creating coupons for actions, gestures or ideas you two have shared in the past; maybe a "Good for 1 hug like the one we snuck in at church when no one was looking"; or a "Good for 1 Across the room Wink like that glance we shared at the museum"...get creative, think about things that are specific to you two. Even though she may not be able to "redeem" them immediately due to the distance between you she can read through them and know you care by the moments you capture.
    The more personal attention you can put in will reflect the deepness of your feelings and will be noticed by her for sure.
    Good luck at school and hope this might be of some small help.
    Thanks and that's an amazing idea. I'm definitely gonna do this in the next week and add in stuff like a massage, laying under the stars etc. And also gonna add specific stuff from our relationship. Thanks a lot bro. =]

@5c_ock- I've made her CDs and stuff with covers, told her how much I loved her on them and stuff, for when she was leaving for france. So I think she'll remember me by them, but I'll probably buy her a book, so when its on her bedside she thinks of me!

07-03-09 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD