The clickable chart in this article from PC world is interesting. Guess who has the worst speeds and reliability? Hint: It ain't Sprint!

Sprint easily delivered on its dependability promises in our tests, with a reliability rate of 90.5 percent

Verizon, which claims to have the "largest and most reliable" wireless network in the United States, delivered a reliability number of 89.8 percent across our tests in 13 cities.

AT&T our testers were able to make a connection at a reasonable, uninterrupted speed in only 68 percent of their tests.

A Day in the Life of 3G

Hmm, who's the most reliable network? That would be Sprint. Bring on the fanboys!
    07-01-09 10:57 PM
    Somewhat surprisingly, our testers also found that the "bars of service" readings on their phones were rarely an accurate predictor of the quality of the ensuing connection. In most places and with most wireless providers, the "bars" did little more than indicate whether the phone had access to some service or to no service.
    I liked that part of the article.

But the nuts and bolts were what I already knew. CDMA gives a more reliable, faster network. That's not due to CDMA's superiority, that's due to Sprint, and to a bigger extent, Verizon, pumping a lot of money into making sure they have the more accessible network.
    07-01-09 11:13 PM
    There was an article similar to this a long while back... I forget who did the test, but I think only covered 5 major metro cities.

I'm sticking Sprint...
    07-02-09 12:56 AM
    Ouch ,V fanboys wont like.
    We pay less ,device not crippled and have stronger 3G coverage.

PS
    ER be careful posting in V forms..it will be a fanboy attack with every excuse in the book why it,s not true lol
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-02-09 at 01:46 AM.
    07-02-09 01:41 AM
    Ouch ,V fanboys wont like.
    We pay less ,device not crippled and have stronger 3G coverage.

PS
    ER be careful posting in V forms..it will be a fanboy attack with every excuse in the book why it,s not true lol
    Dude no need to post in the V forums. They're racked with envy that's why they're always here. At least we don't have to walk around saying "Can You Near Me Now?".
    07-02-09 02:09 AM
    Dude no need to post in the V forums. They're racked with envy that's why they're always here. At least we don't have to walk around saying "Can You Near Me Now?".
    Well V fanboy posted Sprint Survey over in V forum then mod moved it over here so it could be over run by V fanboys getting their vote in lol
    07-02-09 02:19 AM
    Well V fanboy posted Sprint Survey over in V forum then mod moved it over here so it could be over run by V fanboys getting their vote in lol
    and the survey is a joke.
    07-02-09 02:20 AM
    and the survey is a joke.
    so true lol
    PCmag link you posted is no joke..Its a fact kind of thing that a particular member doesn't like..hint hint
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-02-09 at 02:29 AM.
    07-02-09 02:26 AM
    There was an article similar to this a long while back... I forget who did the test, but I think only covered 5 major metro cities.

I'm sticking Sprint...
    heck there are about 4 of them floating around net showing Sprint on top results.
    Was it This one..
    Gizmodo - The Definitive Coast-to-Coast 3G Data Test - 3G
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-02-09 at 02:37 AM.
    07-02-09 02:34 AM
    We as Sprint Users already know how superior Sprint data speeds and coverage is to other carriers.... Its Verizon Fannies that are clueless. Some of them would have heart attacks if they knew Sprint works just as good, with more unlocked features for less money....

Sprint is really starting to make a comeback, and its something Verizon fanboys will never admit..they want to keep looking to the past.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 06:19 AM
    Fanboyz gotta live with their choice of carrier ...unless they pay the ETF....guess they were blinded by that big RED check....can you hear me know???

07-02-09 06:58 AM
    They know we have better, more reliable service and that's why they troll here....they're jonesing for service that we get!!

07-02-09 07:01 AM
    I am a sprint user and have been for 9yrs. I am still waiting for this reliable coverage to kick in.

07-02-09 08:14 AM
    I was a sprint (nextel) user. I ditched out on sprint because of two things that kinda go hand in hand 1. Billing Issues and 2. Customer Service issues. I never had a problem with their service. I was a pre-merger nextel customer, and I do have to admit after the take over it seemed as if the service on my phone went alittle...well bad. I haven't had these issues with verizon, however I do miss my nextel/cheaper prices (when they weren't messing up my bill).

07-02-09 08:40 AM
    I was a sprint (nextel) user. I ditched out on sprint because of two things that kinda go hand in hand 1. Billing Issues and 2. Customer Service issues. I never had a problem with their service. I was a pre-merger nextel customer, and I do have to admit after the take over it seemed as if the service on my phone went alittle...well bad. I haven't had these issues with verizon, however I do miss my nextel/cheaper prices (when they weren't messing up my bill).

Sprint screwed up on Nextel merger no doubt about it..a very stupid move on their part that hurt Construction Contractor field in my area with many dropping going to Verizon.

The good news,
    Things have changed since Dan Hesse took over for the positive.
    07-02-09 09:43 AM

Unfortunetly... +1 here.
    I am a Nextel guy and have been for 9 years. It has not gotten any better with signal. But, I am different. I am getting a Tour and going to the Sprint side. I am not giving up my great plan to go with another carrier. And, the CS has done a 180. Everytime I have called, the call was answered in less than 2 minutes by an english speaker. They were polite and personable. And, 9 out of 10 times, I got the help I needed.
    By the way, Nycxice. Very nice. A clear, concise post without bashing or juvenile BS.
    07-02-09 11:03 AM
    Heh, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

07-02-09 04:00 PM
    I knew Sprint were the best all along. VRZN and AT&T r overrated and they have a make that "most reliable" claim to try and justify the extremely high priced plans.
    07-02-09 04:29 PM
    wow what a great article, Love these test especially this one and Gizmodo's test that proves Sprint has the most dependable 3G network. you VZW fanboys can read and weep.
    07-02-09 09:33 PM
    wow what a great article, Love these test especially this one and Gizmodo's test that proves Sprint has the most dependable 3G network. you VZW fanboys can read and weep.
    Seems more fanboy-ism is coming from the sprint side than anywhere else...

07-03-09 09:34 AM
    Seems more fanboy-ism is coming from the sprint side than anywhere else...

Congrats on 100 post Nycxice .
    You must not hang out in Sprint forums often ,It gets over run by Verizon fanboys spreading bull.
    The article OP posted is refreshing way keeping them on their side of the yard.....well for a little while.
    I'm sure V fanboys will come up with different reason to justify using crippled devices and paying higher price for service...their "Sprint CS Suc" is worn out not true anymore.
    CS has made big time improvements which drys up their argument.
    Poster ERdude - J.D. Power and Associates Recognizes Sprint for Highest Call Quality Performance in the WestRegion in a Tie | Reuters

Its now pretty much equal to theirs and AT&Ts with one exception ,When sprint customer wants to upgrade rom they can take device to authorized Sprint service center getting upgrade installed on the spot.

Of Course their will be unhappy Sprint customers ,Thats how it is with any cell phone provider with loss and gain in customer base.
    Sprint took big customer loss..no doubt about it but seems to be making a come back.
    lots of Verizon members visiting this forum stating they are going with Sprint is a great sign of better things to come improving Sprints customer numbers.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 07-03-09 at 10:55 AM.
    07-03-09 09:55 AM
    Been with T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T & now Sprint and I can honestly say Sprint is so much better all around. Don't get me wrong, none is perfect. But when it comes down to coverage and billing, Sprint got this one licked hands down. AT&T with their coverage claim is BS. I experienced so much dropped calls or call error messages that it was frustrating to the point I had to break my contract. Verizon was the biggest joke of all, their coverage map showed GREAT coverage in my area. It was that until I got close to my house and then indoors...NO BARS AT ALL. Sprint for life!
    07-05-09 10:19 AM
    I've seen derision and spite from many towards Sprint from the 'Bad Old Days', but things have certainly been improving steadily. Looking forward to taking the Tour now, real soon.

07-05-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD