If I set my alarm to wake me, and I'm in silent mode, will the alarm go off or do I need to set it to normal?

jkk4
    07-01-09 07:32 PM
    I believe it will still go off even if you have it in silent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 07:54 PM
    Jkk4-do a simple test by setting the alarm for a few minutes after the actual time and make sure it's on silent. Then see if it goes off- I believe it will. Sandra ")

07-01-09 08:01 PM
    jkk4 1998. I have an 8310 and I always set my alarm in the quiet mode, or silent. Even if it is set to vibe it will go off. I don't see an 8330 being any different.
    07-01-09 08:23 PM
    Yep, I have set mines to silent mode before and my alarm still went off....
    07-01-09 08:25 PM
    The alarm will go off regardless of the sound profile you have set. ****, the alarm will even go off if the phone is shut off! It'll automatically turn on at the specified time and go off. It's awesome.

07-01-09 08:29 PM
    the alarm will even go off if the phone is shut off! It'll automatically turn on at the specified time and go off. It's awesome.

Now that I did NOT know....
    07-01-09 08:31 PM
    Lately my alarm will only sound if I turn off the phone first.

The alarm activates, but the ring tone isn't played. it doesn't matter if i have a custom ring tone or i use one supplied with the phone. I usually have my phone in vibrate mode, but it doesn't matter when I change it to normal, quiet or loud.

this is my 2nd blackberry, and I keep them a long time because they usually serve my purpose so well. I rarely find the need to turn off the device except for troubleshooting, so I'm simply not in the habit of turning it off every night. i wouldn't have done it for any other phone i ever had before this (I used to use palm smartphones until my carrier stopped supporting them) so I'm hard pressed to start now.

has anyone else experienced this?

8320 with LIME turks & caicos
    08-14-09 09:56 AM
    Have you checked the tone you have set for the alarm? Or have you changed the tone to see if another will work?
    08-14-09 10:47 AM
    I use silent at night and my alarm still rings in am without issue. As matter of fact am pretty sure the alarm will still ring if phone is off from what I have read in forums but am a total newbie...
    08-14-09 11:59 AM
    The alarm will power on the BB and play. I'll have to experiment with it in silent mode.
    08-14-09 12:11 PM
    Just make sure in the quiet mode settings that the alarm is not also set to silent. Same place that you change your ringer. (Profiles>Advanced Options(i think that's how it's worded)>Edit) Just make sure your alarm is set to the volume you need and everything else is set to Mute. It will work. I do this nightly
    08-14-09 12:32 PM
    I've tried custom ring tones and the ones that came with the handset: still silent. happened again this morning because I fell asleep early last night without shutting down the device.

I'm starting to believe that these issues started after i upgraded the device OS. I've decided to try automatic shutoff, see if that makes a difference (for me)
    09-01-09 06:27 AM
    I've tried custom ring tones and the ones that came with the handset: still silent. happened again this morning because I fell asleep early last night without shutting down the device.
    Is it possible you didn't hear it?
    I dunno if this is how they work, but when I tried using a notifier tone for my alarm, it only sounded once. I'm a heavy sleeper, and one little beep just won't cut it. I set a song as my alarm tone, so now it plays the whole song.

Didn't know the alarm would turn the phone on, that's cool!
    09-01-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD