Hi,

I'm a new BlackBerry user so am still learning my way around. Love the email services, just one really annoying niggle:

If I read a message on my device, it marks the message as read on the server. Fine. This is great.

If I read a message on the server (I use an Exchange account and a GMail account) the GMail (can't test Exchange till I return to work) emails are not marked as "read" on the phone. So I then have to go into the phone and re-open all the same messages. This is a royal PITA!

I tried Reconcile option but nothing seems to happen. Please tell me I'm doing something wrong and this isn't a "feature"!

Fantastic site you have here.
    07-01-09 04:32 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, Reconcile Now only works for BES accounts... So it should work for your work's Exchange account, but not gMail. Anyone?
    07-01-09 05:13 AM
    Reconcile DOES work with Gmail account but only between the Inbox, Deleted and Sent boxes. And it only works from phone to server, not vice versa. So, if you read a message on the phone it will show as read on the server; if you delete it on the phone it will send it to deleted items on the server. However, if you read it on the server first or delete it on the server first it will not reconcile to the phone that way. It should work the same way with the Exchange account if you are connected through BIS. Hope that all makes sense...
    07-01-09 08:27 AM
    Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated.

So it looks like I'm scuppered on GMail POP3. I've tried to figure out how to use IMAP instead from the BlackBerry but can't seem to figure it out. Is this supported?
    07-01-09 09:13 AM
    Hey folks. I'm confused, does crackberry offer an email account? And if so how do you get to it?
    Last edited by JOEYH; 07-01-09 at 11:08 AM.
    07-01-09 11:04 AM
    However as I said that depends on whether or not you are connecting to your gmail through IMAP or POP3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What is the default? I go to my BIS account, go to Add Account and put in my Gmail address and password. It adds the account in seconds and the reconciliation is there with no adjustment on my part.
    07-02-09 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD