Hello everyone )

I recently purchased a Blackberry Storm 9530 (After having both the Pearl & Curve through the company I am contracted with) and have successfully unlocked it for use with my T-Mobile service. However, there is one thing that is driving me nuts and I can't seem to fix!

I am able to do everything on my phone- Send/recieve phone calls email, MMS, internet...BUT, and this is a big but, I am not able to send SMS texts! Recieving them is never an issue, but when sending them out, it doesnt even attempt, it just places a red 'x' next to the message.

I wouldnt even mind sending MMS's to people, however even in this day in age, some people don't have MMS compatible phones and are unable to recieve my MMS.

I was wondering if any experienced BB users have ever heard of this happening and if there was a possible fix for it.

For reference, I have completed the steps found in these forums using CrackUtil which helped a lot! (Unfortunately I cant post the link because I'm a newb and don't have 10 posts! )

Now to get these SMS up and working!

Thank you to anyone that is able to point me in the right direction!
    06-30-09 11:04 PM
    Look at your old Pearl and see what numbers it had for SMS under Options. Match that up. All else fails, read the thread on how to get a Storm running on T-Mobile with all features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 11:31 PM
    So you have done the battery pull? Fixes my sms everytime.
    06-30-09 11:35 PM
    Look at your old Pearl and see what numbers it had for SMS under Options. Match that up. All else fails, read the thread on how to get a Storm running on T-Mobile with all features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I managed to get the old pearl up and running! I had a gleam of hope when I saw the service numbers were different. I input the number in the pearl to my storm and it didnt work, so I researched it a bit and found that the important number was the service call center. I tried inputting it there as well, but everytime I pull up the menu, save and exit the screen, it deletes the number. *SiGH*

I will try another search in the forum for other ways to get the storm to work on my network. I managed to successfully unlock every other feature on the phone with one of the methods here, so if it takes another phone wipe and trying another, that's what I'll do!

So you have done the battery pull? Fixes my sms everytime.
    I did try this, and retried it again this morning just to make sure. Unfortunately the SMS's still don't attempt a send, just give me a big red 'x'! <Grumbles>

If all else fails, I might give a call to TMobile and have them put me in the right place to speak with a rep. I've been trying to figure it out myself, but after two weeks of trying, I'm getting worried my days of SMS are over.

Thank you for the attempts guys, I appreciate every possible answer!
    07-01-09 04:45 PM
    I'm having the same exact problem!

This unlocked storm is my 1st BB and not being able to send sms just dulls the otherwise brilliant experience!!

I was able to send sms for initially but now it's just the big red X.

My service provider cant help because it's the phone that refuses to store the relevant service centre number.

Help, Pls.
    07-04-09 12:14 AM
    Oh and battery pull hasn't helped.

can't even send mms!
    07-04-09 12:16 AM
    I managed to get in touch with someone today about this probem and they quickly responded with...'Perhaps it's an issue with your sim card? Is it an older one?"

Of course, my sim card hasent been changed in 6+ years, so I thought I would try it out. I popped in my brothers new AT&T sim card, attempted to send a text and voila, SMS worked.

I ran out to TMobile this afternoon and picked up a sim card, which they were pleasant enough to not charge me for. I put in the new TMo card and tried texting with SMS and MMS and I'm happy to report that both are now functional!

Lagoshyn...If your sim card is older, maybe give this a try. Just test it with a friends if you haven't done so already and if it works you've figured out your problem! (Which I hope will!)
    07-20-09 11:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD