I walked into a Verizon store just about 30 minutes ago, and I asked about Verizon releasing the BlackBerry Curve. They said it should be out April 1st. Is this true? Also, would you get the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 or the supposedly BlackBerry Curve that verizon is releasing? I want the phone for camera, texting, and browsing.
    03-24-08 02:42 PM
    Did the rep say whether or not corporate has given them a confirmed release date. They usually tell the reps about a week before it is released.....

What state is the store located in?
    03-24-08 03:03 PM
    That's April Fool's day. I wouldn't believe him. :P
    03-24-08 03:06 PM
    Yeap besides Sprint is getting the curve like april 18th so I wouldn't think that verizon was getting it earlier.
    03-24-08 03:16 PM
    All the rumors right now are about a Sprint release April 17 (online), 20 (stores). Secrets are never kept for long, so I'd expect we'd have heard something about a Verizon release by now.
    03-24-08 03:16 PM
    I walked into a Verizon store just about 30 minutes ago, and I asked about Verizon releasing the BlackBerry Curve. They said it should be out April 1st. Is this true? Also, would you get the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 or the supposedly BlackBerry Curve that verizon is releasing? I want the phone for camera, texting, and browsing.
    I posted this about a month ago..."My coworker's wife works at Verizon Wireless corporate. They had a meeting today and announced the Curve's release on April 1, 2008."

The only reason I see to have the Pearl is if you like a smaller phone. The Pearl was to small for me. I'm used to the Moto Q size, so I'm looking for the curve. I took my Pearl back within the 30-day trial period so I could wait for the curve. Hopefully it's not an April Fools joke.
    03-24-08 07:21 PM
    I posted this about a month ago..."My coworker's wife works at Verizon Wireless corporate. They had a meeting today and announced the Curve's release on April 1, 2008."

The only reason I see to have the Pearl is if you like a smaller phone. The Pearl was to small for me. I'm used to the Moto Q size, so I'm looking for the curve. I took my Pearl back within the 30-day trial period so I could wait for the curve. Hopefully it's not an April Fools joke.
    Wow if it comes out on april 1st im going to go crazy!
    03-24-08 07:26 PM
    omg i hope this is true i cant wait to get the curve
    03-24-08 07:47 PM
    I imagine i will be turning blue holding my breath... even apple didn't have such secrecy with a release supposedly 7 days from today...
    03-24-08 08:15 PM
    Common seriously people, APRIL FIRST as in APRIL FOOL'S DAY!

Not gonna happen.
    03-24-08 10:54 PM
    lol, agreed.

i heard may from a reliable source... so i'm going to run with that.
    03-24-08 11:40 PM
    I have read some where that Verizon would get their Curve before Sprint....
    So you would never know, and it might just surprise you....?

03-24-08 11:43 PM
    Not to dampen anyone�s enthusiasm. However, April 1st is next Tuesday. Don�t you think that there would have been some kind of media about Verizon getting the Curve? In the past Verizon have advertised for months prior to releasing a phone.

Just my 2�
    03-25-08 12:14 AM
    Not to dampen anyone’s enthusiasm. However, April 1st is next Tuesday. Don’t you think that there would have been some kind of media about Verizon getting the Curve? In the past Verizon have advertised for months prior to releasing a phone.

Just my 2�
    I agree plus all the pics I have seen have been of Sprints Curve.

my 1� and Swanee 2�...lol
    03-25-08 12:45 AM
    The 1st is very possible. My rep was introduced to the Curve last week, she wasnt given the release date however. Going by recent history Verizon released the pearle then Sprint 2 weeks later, isnt that right?
    03-25-08 08:37 AM
    Welcome 2 CB!
    03-28-08 08:52 PM
    I don't think that Verizon is going to launch it on the 1st. Tho it would be nice!
    03-28-08 08:59 PM
    If verizon was releasing the Curve on the 1st, it would have leaked out in the media. I agree with Cate on end of April to early May.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 09:11 PM
    my friend's STILL making ads for the vzw curve so it's highly unlikely that she'll have it done by april 1st.
    03-28-08 09:15 PM
    I work for VZW and i will confirm with cate... it will not be till after april. I was recently advised hopefully around May. YEEEEEEE!
    03-29-08 05:19 AM

I knew this was going to happen. My 30 day trial was up on the March 26th. I was so hoping that the Cruve would release by then so I could trade. I really miss my camera and being able to recieve picture messages instead of having to go to verizon website to see my pictures. Other than that feature and the low ringtone feature I LOVE my red 8830. But I would have traded if the Curve had been released in time.
    DANG
    03-29-08 07:22 AM
    I went to the vzw store in columbus, Ohio last night and was asking about the pearl and the curve and the Rep there told me that verizon won't see the curve until at least quarter 3 because they continually test their phones before they are released to make sure they work...blah blah blah....
    03-29-08 08:22 AM
    will it be a world edition?
    03-29-08 07:17 PM
    I heard from a rep that the curve will be released by Verizon in May, not April. So we all have to wait.
    The Pearl vs Curve is a personal choice. Both are great devices, but if you dont like SureType, then get the Curve. I personally love it!
    03-30-08 09:16 AM
    I doubt it, but I guess we'll find out Tuesday!
    03-30-08 11:12 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD