Just got off the phone with a great CSM named Rick. Very helpful guy that got my wife and I both setup with new Tours.

Woo hoo!!!
    06-30-09 08:18 AM
    Phone upgrade or new line?
    06-30-09 08:19 AM
    Phone upgrades for both of us
    06-30-09 08:20 AM
    I hate you.
    By the way, were you do for upgrades, or did you negotiate?
    I'm trying my luck on the 20th negotiating.
    Wish me luck.
    06-30-09 08:21 AM
    Phone upgrades for both of us
    I just tried and they said that they could not locate the phone and I would have to wait till it became available to upgrade one of my lines.

WTF
    06-30-09 08:22 AM
    My wife was eligible for an upgrade in April so her's was a no brainer.

I wasn't due until August 6th but since it is so close they went ahead and gave it to me.

Good luck on the 20th.
    06-30-09 08:24 AM

I wasn't due until August 6th but since it is so close they went ahead and gave it to me.

Good luck on the 20th.
    Thanks for the good wishes.
    It will be a lot harder for me though, because first of all. the closest upgrade on our account is April 01, 2010. And that's not even the line I want to upgrade. I really don't know what to do. Ugh.
    06-30-09 08:26 AM

Good luck on the 20th.
    Hmm..and you got tours? How is it that nobody else is able to upgrade their NE2 for a tour right now?
    06-30-09 08:26 AM
    Hmm..and you got tours? How is it that nobody else is able to upgrade their NE2 for a tour right now?
    Got me. I dialed *611 as I was driving in this morning, had them trasnfer me to Tele Sales. The CSM I dealt with came on the line, I told him what I wanted and he said "Piece of cake" and we walked through everything. He was very friendly and talkitive while we were walking through everything, was telling me about his daughter getting her first BB as she gets ready for college this fall.

He said he would even call on the 14th, phone should ship out overnight on the 13th, to make sure we received the phone and to see if we needed any help since these will be our first Blackberries. Just overall a really nice and helpful guy.

Could be that when I call in for stuff like this I am always very very polite
    06-30-09 08:31 AM
    Thanks for the good wishes.
    It will be a lot harder for me though, because first of all. the closest upgrade on our account is April 01, 2010. And that's not even the line I want to upgrade. I really don't know what to do. Ugh.
    It's not that hard. I'm not due for an upgrade until 2011... but Vzn is letting me upgrade to the Tour once it comes out
    06-30-09 08:32 AM
    To the OP; when are you to get it? Is the delivery date July 13th?
    06-30-09 08:33 AM
    To the OP; when are you to get it? Is the delivery date July 13th?
    He said they will ship out overnight on the 13th since the 12th is a Sunday. Said they should arrive on the 14th.
    06-30-09 08:34 AM
    I pre-ordered a tour on an add-a-line through telesales this morning. Rep said the system was giving them trouble as well and they were manually entering preorders. She applied the $70 instant discount and said it will be billed to my account.
    06-30-09 08:35 AM
    It's not that hard. I'm not due for an upgrade until 2011... but Vzn is letting me upgrade to the Tour once it comes out
    OMG HOW?!
    Did you call once you knew it was for preorder?
    Cause I think that's what I'm gonna do when Sprint offers preorder, talk about how I have my credit card (well, my mommy's) right here, and I'm ready to pay on the spot. What did you say to them? And when did you call?
    06-30-09 08:36 AM
    He said they will ship out overnight on the 13th since the 12th is a Sunday. Said they should arrive on the 14th.
    Just spoke with Mike in telesales. Did a order for me as well. He said basically everyone who's getting the Tour upgrades are on a follow up list. He had about 20 customers, he put a dummy sku in and once the information is released he goes back in and enters the real #s. Basically, our phones are ordered and they should ship out overnight on the 13th, arrive on the 14th.

Awesome. Goodbye Storm.
    06-30-09 08:41 AM
    Just spoke with Mike in telesales. Did a order for me as well. He said basically everyone who's getting the Tour upgrades are on a follow up list. He had about 20 customers, he put a dummy sku in and once the information is released he goes back in and enters the real #s. Basically, our phones are ordered and they should ship out overnight on the 13th, arrive on the 14th.

Awesome. Goodbye Storm.
    Congrats!
    06-30-09 08:45 AM
    OMG HOW?!
    Did you call once you knew it was for preorder?
    Cause I think that's what I'm gonna do when Sprint offers preorder, talk about how I have my credit card (well, my mommy's) right here, and I'm ready to pay on the spot. What did you say to them? And when did you call?
    I called last week inquiring about early terminating. I was just gonna jump ship and go to Sprint for the Tour (assuming Verizon helped me out a lot in the past, felt like I was pressing my luck). So she put me on her list (like some one else in this thread stated) and she will follow up w/ me. I don't care when I get it, I just want to get rid of this Storm. They don't care if you're willing to pay right now or next week... The money is in the plans and features, not devices. My suggestion is be nice and don't demand. They will note your account and you'll never get any where
    06-30-09 08:46 AM

Awesome. Goodbye Storm.
    Were you in contract, or where you do for upgrade?
    06-30-09 08:46 AM
    I'm not due for an upgrade for a long time but I'm gonna see what I can do. I'm not expecting Sprint to just let me upgrade this early so I'm ready to pay retail.....lol
    06-30-09 08:47 AM
    I called last week inquiring about early terminating. I was just gonna jump ship and go to Sprint for the Tour (assuming Verizon helped me out a lot in the past, felt like I was pressing my luck). So she put me on her list (like some one else in this thread stated) and she will follow up w/ me. I don't care when I get it, I just want to get rid of this Storm. They don't care if you're willing to pay right now or next week... The money is in the plans and features, not devices. My suggestion is be nice and don't demand. They will note your account and you'll never get any where
    Okay, I will call when Sprint offers pre order, and be super super nice. And be sure the bill is payed by than, which I think it is.
    06-30-09 08:47 AM
    I'm not due for an upgrade for a long time but I'm gonna see what I can do. I'm not expecting Sprint to just let me upgrade this early so I'm ready to pay retail.....lol
    Oh, come on! Thats not what we wanna hear!
    06-30-09 08:49 AM
    Were you in contract, or where you do for upgrade?
    Due for an upgrade on one of my lines, so just upgraded that line and will be switching over that line to my line. Silly process, I know, but I originally wanted to just scream at verizon till they gave me a Tour for free because I've had 3 storms already...decided I'd just take this route and not press my luck. $130 for a Tour. Whatever.
    06-30-09 08:50 AM
    * My only suggestion to all proceeding with this.

Get an order number, the persons name and extension(if plausible).

Also a confirmation number. Normally followed by an email..

You have to have some type or tracking or all this if not it will waste time.... Then you will be doing it all over again in a few days when it does not ship.....

So many people with the Storm release last winter. everyone thought they ordered and they never got anything and had to call back and finally get it ordered.

just .02

Good luck....
    06-30-09 08:51 AM
    Oh, come on! Thats not what we wanna hear!
    My upgrade isn't until about March 2011 (since I just recently came back to Sprint), that's pretty far away.....lol I'm still gonna ask cause the worst they can say is no. I'm still gonna ask them and hopefully if they look up my past accounts they'll see that I was a good customer.
    06-30-09 08:57 AM
    There truly is no pre-order. They don't have the proper numbers in the system to order. they are basically making a list and ordering later or calling you back when its time to order. Or at least this is what I understand. I talked to a rep who said he would call me back on the 11th at 11am to order. Do you guys find this to be true or do you think you are really ordering right now??
    06-30-09 09:00 AM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD