My second Blackberry that is. Nothing but another Blackberry can ever replace my Bold. I had a second Blackberry lying around--an 8320 so I figure why not? Somebody was looking to trade their mint iPhone w/ box and everything for my Curve. So I did it. It's nice having both devices. The best two phones on the market in my opinion. It's only a 1st gen, but that's fine. I've had iPhones before so it's of no shock, but I've been dying to try out 3.0. The Bold will remain my primary phone. The previous owner of this iPhone said he just couldn't deal with the iPhone--he's a previous Blackberry owner and is now again an addict.

Anybody else have a berry AND an iPhone?

Can't wait to go home and put 3.0 on it =)
    06-29-09 04:26 PM
    from my understanding, 3.0 isn't available for the 2G iphone..
    06-29-09 04:36 PM
    from my understanding, 3.0 isn't available for the 2G iphone..
    It is availible for the 2G, mms won't work though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 04:41 PM
    ah ok, my apologies!
    06-29-09 04:49 PM
    yup! What he said.
    06-29-09 05:10 PM
    Anyway I had an iphone 3g and a blackberry curve 8900. They both worked great but I missed bbm too much when on my iphone. The iphone is a great device though! Especially if it fits your needs

06-29-09 05:52 PM
    I find the iphone to be kinda useless... You can't multitask with that thing.

Also I hate how it takes like. 5-10 mins to type a sentence on that god-awful keyboard. Lol

06-29-09 07:55 PM
    I had the iphone 3g, it was a great phone. Then I traded for the bold. then I got the iphone 3gs but never used it because i cant go back to the iphone after being with the bold. So i traded the 3gs for the 8900 and some extra $$$ and gave the 8900 to my GF (she love's it ). I was using the Iphone for 9 months and you tend to forget how important things are just because your iphone does not have them. I could never go back to a phone that does not multitask and it's a shame because the Iphone is a great device. But I LOVE MY BOLD
    06-29-09 08:01 PM
    My wife had to have a iphone 3gs so she went and stood in line for three hours to get one. The funny thing is after 48 hours with the phone she was already pissed off with it. She sold it to her sister and went back to using a berry. I am glad that we made a bet that she would not have it for a week before she came crawling back to the crack. Now I have a new set of golf clubs.

06-29-09 08:22 PM
    Hope you like it, My friends and SIL have the I-Phone 3G, I have a Bold and the wife has a Curve 8900 every body is happy.
    06-29-09 08:26 PM
    i have a bold and an iPhone 3G. i can't give up either. i have too much fun on the iPhone and i am very productive on my berry. I love both and i"ll continue to use both :-)
    06-29-09 09:30 PM
    Only curves for me never an i phone.
    06-29-09 09:37 PM
    I have the bold and the 3G. I've been thinking about selling the iphone for the money. But I like both of them too much.
    06-29-09 09:39 PM
    I use my Bold for emails, movies and twitter but my itouch for calendar(which syncs to google), music and games. Both has its uses

06-29-09 10:08 PM
    I have both the Bold and iPhone and love them both.

Question: Why does everyone say the iPhone can't multitask? I do it all the time. Just wondering
    06-29-09 10:18 PM
    I have both the Bold and iPhone and love them both.

Question: Why does everyone say the iPhone can't multitask? I do it all the time. Just wondering
    If I'm not mistaken it's because you cannot be on Pandora listening to music and then go and write an email without pandora closing (just one example). Unless that's been updated in 3.0.
    06-29-09 10:23 PM
    My wife had to have a iphone 3gs so she went and stood in line for three hours to get one. The funny thing is after 48 hours with the phone she was already pissed off with it. She sold it to her sister and went back to using a berry. I am glad that we made a bet that she would not have it for a week before she came crawling back to the crack. Now I have a new set of golf clubs.

That is hilarious man

06-29-09 10:47 PM
    I love both my Bold and my iPhone. The iPhone is going to be my main phone for now because I can't put the thing down, but I will still use my Bold.

06-29-09 11:55 PM
    I feel the same way you do about having two of the best worlds, but like you said nothing can ever replace my bold :P
    the iphone is a toy,
    the bold is a statement
    06-30-09 12:45 AM
    If I'm not mistaken it's because you cannot be on Pandora listening to music and then go and write an email without pandora closing (just one example). Unless that's been updated in 3.0.
    Although I don't listen to the iPod, I can still listen to my iPod and write an email. Not being able to listen to pandora and write an email doesn't mean it can not multitask. Besides if I really wanted to do that, I could jailbreak my device to get this.
    06-30-09 06:56 AM
    The main reason I have a Bold and not and iPhone is because there is no way I could ever type accurately on the iPhone. Maybe that's different now with the keyboard being able to turn sideways.

But what makes me a little upset at times about the choice is all the apps for the iPhone and not the Bold. Sirius, DirecTV, WeatherChannel, Wolfgang's Vault, etc.

Every time I drive somewhere now, I have to hear the Sirius DJ's go on and on about the iPhone app. How about some CrackBerry love, Sirius. Want that extra $2.99 per month from me, you're gonna have to do it.
    Last edited by Tallgntlmn; 06-30-09 at 08:54 AM.
    06-30-09 08:49 AM
    Currently using Curve 8900 and iphone 3G. I think I'm going with the Onyx when it comes to AT&T so that I can be on one carrier. Love both phones btw...
    06-30-09 09:02 AM
    The iPhone cant multi-task across the whole phone, something about the API's that only allow the music to be run in the background whilst going something else.

When I had my 2G one, I would be browsing internet, I would then go, "I will send a text", open up text and write text but my the time I came back to internet the page wouldnt have been loading in the background, it would wait until I had opened the application to start loading the page
    06-30-09 09:20 AM
    Yup you can't multitask on an iphone, even with 3.0. for you people who think you are multitasking on an iphone, try a blackberry.

anyways loaded 3.0 on it... pretty smooth and peppy. no issues. I put my sim back in the Bold this morning after using the iphone all day yesterday.. sigh what a relief! literally. i felt like I could breathe again =) my iphone will be my weekend warrior due to the much better camera haha
    06-30-09 09:56 AM
    My second Blackberry that is. Nothing but another Blackberry can ever replace my Bold. I had a second Blackberry lying around--an 8320 so I figure why not? Somebody was looking to trade their mint iPhone w/ box and everything for my Curve. So I did it. It's nice having both devices. The best two phones on the market in my opinion. It's only a 1st gen, but that's fine. I've had iPhones before so it's of no shock, but I've been dying to try out 3.0. The Bold will remain my primary phone. The previous owner of this iPhone said he just couldn't deal with the iPhone--he's a previous Blackberry owner and is now again an addict.

Anybody else have a berry AND an iPhone?

Can't wait to go home and put 3.0 on it =)
    yeah i did have iphone and bold,

cant stand the iphone (typing) anymore since i use the BOLD

so i sold it on Ebay and get myself a new Javelin 8900

love both phones so much
    06-30-09 10:07 AM
126 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD