View Poll Results: What do you think of this site idea?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a developer and would be interested in using this!

2 18.18%
  • I am a consumer and would be interested in using this!

6 54.55%
  • I think its a bad idea, wouldn't use it!

1 9.09%
  • Don't care....

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I am sure many of you came here in search of a new application. Well, that is not what I am creating (YET!!). I have noticed some lack of organization when it comes to beta testing. It is also always the same people, whether they are good and give feedback or just want a free program. I have come up with a way to solve this problem:

It is a site devoted only to getting the right testers and results from testers that developers need. I plan on not limiting this to only the blackberry network of programs

The site will include a system where when an account is created, the user checks off which systems they have or use, and can beta test on if called upon. Developers send an Email with the platform, link to application, and description which will then be forwarded to the amount of requested people with that system.

I was thinking of putting in a system so once an program is downloaded, you must first submit a review for the computer to allow you to download the next, which could hopefully get rid of the lack of responses from testers.

I have many more ideas, but I am in need of a partner or partners with skill in this area to work with me on this.

My Email is: [email protected]

Please, crackberry users:
    I NEED SITE NAME IDEAS
    SUGGESTIONS FOR FEATURES
    THOUGHTS ON THIS IDEA

Thanks,
    Zack
    06-28-09 08:58 PM
    BETABLOCKER?
    TESTZONE?
    BETAARENA?

Features:
    From a tester POV:
    Ability to preview apps in need of testers.
    Filter said apps by dev/genre.
    What kind of feedback the dev requires.

For devs:
    Ranking system for testers (thinking along the lines of PayPal positive/negative feedback)
    Ability to set "favourites" if they want a stable of regular testers.

I like this idea and would sign up. I'm all for helping out the devs. Note: all ideas above are off the top of my head. PM me if you would like me to go more in depth.
    06-28-09 09:15 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. PM Sent
    Last edited by Zackz115; 06-28-09 at 09:19 PM.
    06-28-09 09:15 PM
    I have some experience in html and java, but still need others who have created sites like this before
    06-28-09 09:21 PM
    I have some experience in html and java, but still need others who have created sites like this before
    Hey there! I'll tag along on this expedition if you like! I can help you with your site if you like since i have PHP,HTML,CSS and Javascript experience!

I also develop for Blackberry in my spare time so certainly know that BETA testing can be pretty difficult so would really appreciate a site like this.
    06-28-09 10:00 PM
    I like this idea. It needs to be very low overhead for developers though in order to be useful.
    06-28-09 10:52 PM
    If u remember Epic I have u on aim. I'm me tomorrow please to explain what u are talking about.
    Thanks
    Zackz115

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 11:44 PM
    If you need help running the site like admin stuff I have some experience I've ran forums for different sites love to help got ideas if you want PM me for my pin we can bbm to discuss

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD