I've always used one. But since the Tour's screen is made of glass, what good would a flimsy screen protector do? Glass won't scratch as easy as plastic, and it's going to be a lot harder to crack. In the event of that happening, the screen protector wouldnt protect it at all. What do you think? Thanks for the input!
    06-28-09 04:26 PM
    I'm going nekkidd ...luv the exposure!
    06-28-09 04:34 PM
    so the tours screen it glass...?
    06-28-09 04:36 PM
    I've always used one. But since the Tour's screen is made of glass, what good would a flimsy screen protector do? Glass won't scratch as easy as plastic, and it's going to be a lot harder to crack. In the event of that happening, the screen protector wouldnt protect it at all. What do you think? Thanks for the input!
    I don't know that it is glass? Seems like there was some sort of debate about this already on here.

I'm sure some sort of a screen protector would be smart, but I usually don't like them.
    06-28-09 04:38 PM
    i thought many people stated that it is not glass
    06-28-09 04:42 PM
    I could have sworn that is is glass, I'll try to find some info.
    06-28-09 04:46 PM
    It's not glass. The only BlackBerry with a glass screen is the Storm... so it would be wise to invest in a screen protector.
    06-28-09 04:52 PM
    It was a six page long thread, and one reviewer said it was glass, 5 pages down it was plastic. Sorry for the irrelevant thread. But, still, using a screen protector?
    06-28-09 04:56 PM
    Never a bad investment getting a screen protector, so long as you apply it properly so that it looks invisible.
    06-28-09 04:57 PM
    It is not glass. And yes, get a screen protector.
    06-28-09 04:57 PM
    not worth it by the time the screen looks ****ty it will be time for a new phone anyway, of course depending on how well you treat your gadgets
    06-28-09 05:12 PM
    If a screen protector does not negatively affect the clarity or color of the screen, they do make it easier to keep clean and free from light scratches. I'm not sure though that it would make much of a difference if dropped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 05:15 PM
    I was wondering the same thing when I created that other (very long) thread. The screen is, unfortunately, plastic. Screen protectors are really cheap, so I'd suggest getting a pack of them. If you find you don't like them, you're only out a few bucks.

The problem with plastic screens is that they are prone to getting very fine scratches when you clean them, or from going in and out of pockets and cases.

Also remember that you can get replacement screens for pretty cheap. They are not hard to install, so if you end up messing up your screen (cover, not the actual lcd), you can just get another.
    06-28-09 06:32 PM
    But will the Tour actually have a cover? I though it's screen was like the 8900 in that the outside area IS the lcd, with no cover like with the 8330 or 8830 which do have covers. If it is, the whole phone has to be taken apart to change that out.
    06-28-09 06:37 PM
    The screen is plastic, I could tell at first I said it looked like glass but so does my storm screen to me.. I have thrown the device around and it has undergone all types of abuse in testing and no scratches on the screen whatsoever... I would still get a nice anti-glare protector as the direct sun viewing isnt the best..
    06-28-09 06:46 PM
    Anyone know when BSEskins will come out for the Tour?
    06-28-09 07:14 PM
    It almost threw me off when I saw "glass"

either way I wouldn't use a screen protector on my tour.
    06-28-09 09:19 PM
    any particular screen protectors you guys have had good experiences with in the past which you would recommend?
    06-28-09 09:28 PM
    It's not glass. The only BlackBerry with a glass screen is the Storm... so it would be wise to invest in a screen protector.
    ouch, in that case i kinda hope the tour screen is not glass. my cousin has the storm and she has cracked her screen twice so far.
    06-28-09 09:34 PM
    any particular screen protectors you guys have had good experiences with in the past which you would recommend?
    Invisible Shield is one of the more popular screen protectors out there.
    06-28-09 10:14 PM
    It should be fairly easy to get good placement of the screen protector too, as the screen area is rectangular and not odd-shaped like the curve. Plus, from the photos we've all seen, it appears that the screen is ever so slightly recessed, which should prevent any accidental peeling of the protector you use. I've heard that lots of ppl that use the invisible shield have problems with the edges peeling up, but the recessed screen will help prevent this to a certain extent. Just my .02

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 10:51 AM
    I've always liked the Clarivue protectors. They apply statically and leave no residue when peeled off.
    06-29-09 02:42 PM
    1. How'd you get a Tour already??
    2. Who cares what it's made out of?? Get yourself a Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page !
    06-29-09 02:44 PM
    Invisible Shield is one of the more popular screen protectors out there.
    Unfortunately they don't have a model for the 9630 yet. The first thing I do when I take a new phone out of the box is verify that it works then put a screen protector on. Unfortunately, BSE doesn't seem to have one either.

Hopefully one of the two will by the end of the weekend.
    06-29-09 02:56 PM
    Unfortunately they don't have a model for the 9630 yet. The first thing I do when I take a new phone out of the box is verify that it works then put a screen protector on. Unfortunately, BSE doesn't seem to have one either.

Hopefully one of the two will by the end of the weekend.
    my first choice is Invisable sheild, just becuase I used them in the past and like how they are, but like you said they don't have one out and was told by Invisable sheild when I called them was if they got enough request for the Tour, they will make one... for now phantomskinz has a sheild out for the tour, so I'm having to get one of those until Invisable sheild gets off there **** and makes one for the tour
    06-29-09 03:13 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD