I'm about to attempt to swap out my trackball on my 8330. Has anyone does this and is it complicated?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 08:23 PM
    not really hard, becareful of the prongs on the trim ring though. I believe here and on youtube, there are videos on how to do this. might want search and watch first
    06-27-09 08:25 PM
    Here's a video on the process. Like lastraid said it is not hard.

06-27-09 10:38 PM
    I used a dental pic to remove mine
    06-27-09 10:44 PM
    that video made it look easier than it sounded. Good to know if my trackball ever dies I'll have an easy time replacing it :] I may order a spare soon just to be safe..thinking about different colors for it.
    06-27-09 10:55 PM
    its so easy but i believe you will need a t5 and t6 screwdriver.
    06-28-09 12:40 AM
    its so easy but i believe you will need a t5 and t6 screwdriver.

you don't need any kinda of screw driver to change your trackball.
    06-28-09 01:54 AM
    My nails were kinda long the first time I switched mine out. Lol. And I'm a guy. I just dug my nail in each side with a prong and got the bezel out with no prob. So I can tell you, it's certainly not hard at all. Just note where the prongs actually are. In the top, left, nd right. Not on the bottom. You should be fine. Just watch a vid and you'll be ok. It's easier to actually do it than to mess up based on my own personal experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 01:58 AM
    you don't need any kinda of screw driver to change your trackball.
    yeh my bad.. you can do it the long way if you'd like but thats if you wanna change ur faceplate and keyboard and sutff..
    06-28-09 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD