Anyone have any new news on it.
    06-27-09 10:52 AM
    Will be launched on September (ATT)
    06-27-09 10:55 AM
    Chance of september launch very slim. Production moved up and Vodafone plan launch in November.
    06-27-09 11:05 AM
    When is Rogers launching this phone?
    06-27-09 11:22 AM
    Aren't the release dates all just pure speculation at this point in time. I recollect ATT kept pushing the BOLD back before it was finaly released afew months after its European counterparts.

IF mass production has been pulled forward... Why isn't Sept a reasonable guesstimate?
    06-27-09 11:26 AM
    Aren't the release dates all just pure speculation at this point in time. I recollect ATT kept pushing the BOLD back before it was finaly released afew months after its European counterparts.

IF mass production has been pulled forward... Why isn't Sept a reasonable guesstimate?
    Because it no start until sept.
    06-27-09 12:35 PM
    Will be launched on September (ATT)
    What's your source?
    06-27-09 01:51 PM
    Sith informed me that there are several new 3G phones currently in testing. Provided testing goes smoothly and there are no major hardware and software issues, a September release of the onyx does sound reasonable.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/new...t-soon-254992/
    06-27-09 04:06 PM
    Sith informed me that there are several new 3G phones currently in testing. Provided testing goes smoothly and there are no major hardware and software issues, a September release of the onyx does sound reasonable.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/new...t-soon-254992/
    Nowhere did he say sept. Doesn't matter. The onyx no start mass production until september and 99% not launch same month as production. Carriers plan on oct and nov launch.
    06-27-09 04:18 PM
    Nowhere did he say sept. Doesn't matter. The onyx no start mass production until september and 99% not launch same month as production. Carriers plan on oct and nov launch.
    Wasn't it said that the mass production date has been pushed back up? So it would have to be earlier then september now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 04:51 PM
    I never said that Sith stated Sept. I made an assumption based off his statement that several phones are currently in the testing phase. I then also made the assumption by stating that if there are no hardware or software problems a Sept release is reasonable. I never said a Sept. release, I said it sounds reasonable provided the testing does not reveal hardware/software issues.

Many companies release products before production has fully ramped up: ATI was notorious for this, and Nvidia did this when they released their Geforce GTX 275. Some people call it a "paper launch." Some companies count on it as it creates a very high demand and low supply causing some retailers to increase prices. For those not in the know, Nvidia and ATI make graphics cards for PC's. I do not think RIM would do this intentionally, but you never know...

Sith and Radio work for RIM (or a carrier) in some way or know someone who does and it is well known that they provide (without breaking any NDA's they signed) little tidbits to peak our interest. You are not that well known and therefore have no reputation to base your statement off of. Nor have you provided any proof.
    06-27-09 05:30 PM
    I never said that Sith stated Sept. I made an assumption based off his statement that several phones are currently in the testing phase. I then also made the assumption by stating that if there are no hardware or software problems a Sept release is reasonable. I never said a Sept. release, I said it sounds reasonable provided the testing does not reveal hardware/software issues.

Many companies release products before production has fully ramped up: ATI was notorious for this, and Nvidia did this when they released their Geforce GTX 275. Some people call it a "paper launch." Some companies count on it as it creates a very high demand and low supply causing some retailers to increase prices. For those not in the know, Nvidia and ATI make graphics cards for PC's. I do not think RIM would do this intentionally, but you never know...

Sith and Radio work for RIM (or a carrier) in some way or know someone who does and it is well known that they provide (without breaking any NDA's they signed) little tidbits to peak our interest. You are not that well known and therefore have no reputation to base your statement off of. Nor have you provided any proof.
    MMMH! You nick looks really SIMILAR to someone's nick that I know...
    06-27-09 06:18 PM
    What's your source?
    ATT insider... Some employees will start training on next week.
    06-27-09 06:30 PM

With due respect, that's the problem, assumption. You mention radio and sith, and the fact production date pushed up, but neither of those was source of that information. Onyx pushed back because of parts. Onyx pushed back up because parts made available earlier. Production date set for sept and carriers plan for oct/nov launch. While sept sound reasonable, not likely was all I said. You obviously not used onyx. Very far from user ready, and that why the push for feedback so strong.
    With strength of push, thing change and may be sept. All I reporting is what went out last week and of now sept not too likely. But we speak of blackberry so anything goes. May be earlier may be later.
    06-27-09 06:49 PM
    I can't wait
    06-27-09 06:49 PM
    You mean ATT CSR? Haha, kidding. I'm not due for an upgrade until November, but the anticipation is brutal. All things aside, let's hope for sooner rather than later and not a Bold scenario.

06-27-09 08:33 PM
    They've decided that they're not happy with the current colour and they're going to change quite a few parts of the phone to a light greyish shade. I've heard its going to be this hex code : #948E8E
    06-27-09 09:04 PM
    You mean ATT CSR? .

LMAO, I just called CSR to dispute some charges...once
    My next upgrade is due on July 27. Thinking about purchase a 3gs and sell it @ $800. Then purchase the Onyx on Sept. Remember the launch on the 3G, and the Bold was delayed to Sept 2008?
    06-27-09 11:31 PM
    ok nice if its september or november. Anyway do u have anything confirmed besides a release date. like an OS and other things it will have. also can u give me a link to the places u get the info off of.
    06-28-09 03:31 PM
    They've decided that they're not happy with the current colour and they're going to change quite a few parts of the phone to a light greyish shade. I've heard its going to be this hex code : #948E8E
    I was hoping for the all black look.

06-28-09 10:14 PM
    idk i like the chrome that the 8900 has it looks nice
    06-29-09 05:06 PM
    I was hoping for the all black look.

Just incase my British sarcasm went a bit under the radar there, I'm taking the p*ss, its not going to be any shade of that hex code at all.

Its infact going to be this hex code . . . #999999

06-29-09 07:22 PM
    Great wasn't feeling that all black look. Hope they add a little silver chrome or even the dark chrome that the verizon tour has.
    06-29-09 09:52 PM
    I suppose the shade may depend on the carrier, too. I'm guessing it will be similar to what's being done with the Tour.
    06-30-09 03:34 AM
    the onyx should have a nice chrome around it. not all black or greyish like the tour has.
    06-30-09 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD