Is anyone currently using bolt browser on their storm? And if so, are you happy with? I'm looking to possibly download it. Thanks.
    06-25-09 10:17 AM
    I like it, but others don't. Since it's free, you might as well just download and see what you think.
    06-25-09 11:20 AM
    Its decent but I think it still needs more work. I use it because some sites work better than on the berry browser. Give it a try, moves quickly after long start up. Also, I like that it's a touch app, so we have the best of both worlds.
    06-25-09 11:51 AM
    It's much better now that you can highlight a link with the first touch before actually selecting it with the second. Before, I would always end up selecting the wrong link when it hadn't been updated for the Storm.

Ultimately, I use the regular BB browser for general browsing (since mobile sites tend to load much faster), but I use Bolt for those times where I want to see a fully-rendered web page. When used for that limited purpose, Bolt is fantastic.
    06-25-09 01:14 PM
    Actually, the stock browser should be used for limited purposes and Bolt is fantastic, period. I don't hardly use the stock browser at all. Way too slow. I use Bolt for all my internet needs until Skyfire comes out. Bolt is blazing fast.

And why get our opinions? Just download it and try it out. It's free, you have nothing to lose.
    06-25-09 04:18 PM
    Bolt is like 10 times faster and easier to read. The new beta 3 has inline editing or separate window bur both are fast.

It has some issues posting sometimes.
    06-29-09 02:09 PM
    What's the current version? I used a direct link and picked up 1.04... is that the Beta3 that's posted in the blogs?
    06-29-09 05:43 PM
    What's the current version? I used a direct link and picked up 1.04... is that the Beta3 that's posted in the blogs?
    Yep, that's the latest.
    06-29-09 05:51 PM
    Yes, that's the latest one. It is a step in the right direction but IMO is still too quirky to be useful as a daily driver.
    06-29-09 05:51 PM
    Can u zoom? I can't figure it out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 07:38 PM
    Gimme import/export of bookmarks or a sync like Opera Mini and I'll consider it. Until then...nope.
    06-29-09 07:57 PM
    Yes, that's the latest one. It is a step in the right direction but IMO is still too quirky to be useful as a daily driver.
    Wow, I'm really not impressed one bit by Bolt. For me it is painfully slow. I don't really have any issues with navigation. Bit annoying you keep having to use Menu key to bring up keyboard and such, but not too bad. What's bad is the slow site rendering. I know it sounds strange, but to me it's slower then my native browser. I know, I can't explain it, especially since I even have Java turned on as well. I will say one thing.... the panning sure is smooth as heck. Wish the native browser was like that. Well, I had to uninstall it. No Hulu support, no real reason to keep it, especially with the slow speed.

06-29-09 10:43 PM
    It's just o.k. The only thing I like is that the quality for Youtube videos is a lot sharper but I couldn't figure out how to adjust the volume. I might try Opera to see if I like it better. Based on other posts, seems like more people like Opera.
    06-30-09 09:38 PM
    Bolt sucks. They had promise early on but each new beta is progressively worse than the previous version.

06-30-09 11:21 PM
    I downloaded the new beta version and do not care for it. I cannot figure out how to uninstall the app. Does anyone know how?
    07-21-09 01:09 PM
    so much faster than my bb browser... the only issue i have so far is that it doesnt automatically bring up the keyboard when i click on an area to type... other than that... blows my bb browser away... espn.com and other sites with alot going on load very fast

i will still probably download opera mini to see which one I like more...
    07-21-09 03:14 PM
    Opera mini is the fastest.
    I love it. Everyone is amazed at how fast I can browse on my Storm. Now if I showed them browsing on the BB browser I'd be embarrassed haha

07-21-09 04:52 PM
    Wow, I'm really not impressed one bit by Bolt. For me it is painfully slow. I don't really have any issues with navigation. Bit annoying you keep having to use Menu key to bring up keyboard and such, but not too bad. What's bad is the slow site rendering. I know it sounds strange, but to me it's slower then my native browser. I know, I can't explain it, especially since I even have Java turned on as well. I will say one thing.... the panning sure is smooth as heck. Wish the native browser was like that. Well, I had to uninstall it. No Hulu support, no real reason to keep it, especially with the slow speed.

Which browser has hulu support??
    07-21-09 10:46 PM
    No browser supports hulu.

07-22-09 05:05 AM
    ...and the Best Post of the Month award goes to...

And why get our opinions? Just download it and try it out. It's free, you have nothing to lose.
    07-22-09 07:21 AM
    how can i save my Favorits Bookmarks.
    When i get try to wipe my Phone then all Bookmarks are go.
    07-22-09 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD