Has anybody in Europe managed to get the radar to work ?
    Berryweathers proprietry radar doesn�t support anywhere outside of the states and I have been unable to load any custom urls.
    It would seem looking through the forum posts that I am not the only one experiencing these problems.
    I cannot find any info on this subject here or on other sites.

Why Bellshare have you not provided for the rest of the world? Or a least posted some form of tutorial as to how we might be able to do it for ourselves ?

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to remedy this situation for the other 80 % of the globe ?
    06-25-09 09:10 AM
    Why Bellshare have you not provided for the rest of the world? Or a least posted some form of tutorial as to how we might be able to do it for ourselves ?
    If you are really looking for an answer to this question you would probably be better served by posting this in the BerryWeather support forum on Bellshare's site.
    06-25-09 09:14 AM
    Trying that. : -) on my third post in their forums with no response and no clear support route?
    Was hoping that I would receive assitance here.
    06-25-09 09:17 AM
    Have you tried to follow this info on this link for Accuweather radar?

www.bellshare.com • View topic - Customize Radar link

Trying that. : -) on my third post in their forums with no response and no clear support route?
    Was hoping that I would receive assitance here.
    06-25-09 09:28 AM
    Ye Tried that, the link is for United States.
    06-25-09 09:34 AM
    So Accuweather and the other options they have on the pages of that link none of them offer weather info in other countries?

Ye Tried that, the link is for United States.
    06-25-09 09:36 AM
    Hi Josh.
    Not that I have been able to find . Which doesn�t mean there isn�t. But if you look into that links posts we are now starting to see people from various parts of the world all having the same problem.
    That is no berryweather support and when they load up urls, which work on the BB browser, they get error codes. The urls dont semm to be the problem. But be aware I am not very experienced in these things so that is why I am asking for help, I am not trying to diss the program.
    06-25-09 09:48 AM
    I have tried some url's of my own that didn't work but when I used the basic idea of what they had and just inserted by info they did work. I'm sure not an expert either on this but I'm sure your issue will be taken care of in the near future. Since it is new it will just take a little while for people much smarter then me to figure it out for you. Does Accuweather work at all even just online where you are located at? How about Underground weather?

Hi Josh.
    Not that I have been able to find . Which doesn�t mean there isn�t. But if you look into that links posts we are now starting to see people from various parts of the world all having the same problem.
    That is no berryweather support and when they load up urls, which work on the BB browser, they get error codes. The urls dont semm to be the problem. But be aware I am not very experienced in these things so that is why I am asking for help, I am not trying to diss the program.
    06-25-09 09:52 AM
    Hi Josh.
    It's pretty simple, whatever weather service you would use to view your local weather radar images, just cut/paste that into message to yourself. Then use that to paste into the custom radar in BerryWeather. What weather service do you use, and what's your location?

Here's generic radar map for Europe, paste this into your custom radar and see if it works.
    http://sirocco.accuweather.com/sat_m...IR/isaeurm.gif

Last edited by Bob61; 06-25-09 at 09:58 AM.
    06-25-09 09:54 AM
    Ok guys thanks for the replys. The is for accuweather which doesn�t really cover anywhere outside of the states very well. And when I and others try to use radrs that do cover our area, by simply cutting and pasting the links, we either get error codes or a none animated none refreshing radar image. Then if we cut and paste these links into BB browser they work perfecty.

Thanks for the link Bob. Unfortunately it doesn�t cover where I am :-) just of the north coast of Africa. I have out of uriosity tried the link before only to get the aforementioned error codes.
    Last edited by Daisychained; 06-25-09 at 10:05 AM.
    06-25-09 10:00 AM
    Has anybody in Europe managed to get the radar to work ?
    Berryweathers proprietry radar doesn�t support anywhere outside of the states and I have been unable to load any custom urls.
    It would seem looking through the forum posts that I am not the only one experiencing these problems.
    I cannot find any info on this subject here or on other sites.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to remedy this situation for the other 80 % of the globe ?
    The problem is that in USA there is a centralized radar system. In the rest of the world there are a lot of radar stations each one with his own system...

I searched on google and I found a radar service for Swiss and Alps covering my places... Then I typed my custom radar map URL inside Berryweather 1.5 (Show Radar Map -> Edit Custom Radar Map) and now I'm satisfied. I think that you should do the same...
    In my case the URL is
    http://www.naegele.de/radar/alpradar2.gif but ther is also http://www.arpa.piemonte.it/upload/m...ovie_compa.gif and a lof around the world...
    I don't think that bellshare could set up what you want ... because it doesn't exist outside US places.

Bye
    06-25-09 10:00 AM
    Ok guys thanks for the replys. The is for accuweather which doesn�t really cover anywhere outside of the states very well. And when I and others try to use radrs that do cover our area, by simply cutting and pasting the links, we either get error codes or a none animated none refreshing radar image. Then if we cut and paste these links into BB browser they work perfecty.

Thanks for the link Bob. Unfortunately it doesn�t cover where I am :-) just of the north coast of Africa. I have out of uriosity tried the link before only to get the aforementioned error codes.
    Interesting that based on message from "umberto.sulla" he changed his animations but used non-US sites, "www.naegele.de" and "www.arpa.piemonte.it", is it a problem then with how the BIS network handles the US .com address? See if you put in ".us" after the ".com" in my original link and see if that then displays.
    06-25-09 10:26 AM
    Ok, perhaps I'm a few years late, but I had the exact same problem after I bought BerryWeather a couple of weeks ago. I have read through the enitre thread and I have to admit that the problems Daisy had 2 years ago are still present. It seems that Bellshare hasn't given its European customers any attention at all.
    Anyways I am posting now because I think that I have some solutions to the problem and hopefully others are looking for the same answers as I did a few days ago.

I'll just keep it simple and add this link for the ones of you still struggling to find proper radar gif's for your app:

w_w_w.accuweather.com/en-us/no/oslo/oslo/satellite.aspx
    (I need to have at least 10 posts in the forum to be able to post links but you can figure it out on your own )

Just follow it and just choose your region and country in the drop-down field. I just punched the picture address in manually in my BerryWeather app, it loaded for a couple of seconds and showed me the whole picture resized in the internal viewer. Works perfectly now. You can also just change the resolution bit in the address to 400x300 so it fits the screen easier.

P.S. THERE ARE MAPS AVAILABLE FOR THE WHOLE WORLD
    03-22-11 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD