Check out this app from Chocolate Chunk Apps | BlackBerry Applications. It's $9.99 for the full version and when you run it on your BlackBerry, you can got to the IP address it gives you on your PC browser and use your phone as a wireless USB drive. Amazing! I was able to stream video from my 8900 to my PC.

You can copy, (both ways), rename, delete and legal file on your 8900 if you have the full version. I know the free version also works but does a lot less. I'm not sure what less though.

This is a MUST HAVE app.

It works on all BlackBerrys that have WiFi.
    06-25-09 06:26 AM
    Thanks. Just the other day I was wondering if this was possible

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 07:16 AM
    Try the freebie version first to see if it looks like it'll what you want.
    06-25-09 09:30 AM
    Thanks for the information, that app sounds awesome. I know there were some members here looking for this not too long ago.
    06-25-09 09:39 AM
    The free version is very limiting. U can go transfer phone to pc with it.

06-25-09 09:42 AM
    I have tried to download to Blackberry few times and get failed download. If I try to download to pc and run installer nothing happens. Readme file states connect Blackberry and click on install but nothing happens. What am I missing here?
    Thanks for any help,
    Doc
    06-25-09 09:47 AM
    I downloaded the free version and it seems that there is 500k file transfer limit for anyone who wanted to know
    06-25-09 10:31 AM
    I think the free version is just a taster. $9.95 ain't goona break the bank though.

I asked them if they could put a password on LAN access. Once you run the program your phone has its legs wide apart for anyone who knows the IP address. It really needs a password imo.
    06-25-09 03:07 PM
    IPhone does this nicely. I'm glad the bb is catching up with tools like this. No I don't own an iPhone but I do have a leather members only jacket.

06-25-09 07:56 PM
    I hadn't been keeping up with the Blogs lately but I caught up today and I thought it was worth posting the review on the app:

http://crackberry.com/review-wifi-fi...ry-smartphones
    06-26-09 01:04 PM
    Hey guys,

I just tried the Lite version of WifiFile Transfer. The application seems pretty good, but I don't want to buy it since I use bluetooth to transfer files between my phone and my computer.

But now I have a little problem UNinstalling the application! It is not on the application list on the phone (through Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications), nor is it on the applications list using the Desktop Manager... Can anyone of you help me to uninstall the application? Thanks a lot!

Here is my info:
    Phone: Pearl Flip 8220
    Desktop Manager version 4.7
    06-27-09 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD