How do I get my bold to check the email more often.
    06-24-09 03:34 PM
    It should push instantly, it doesn't check e-mail.
    06-24-09 03:38 PM
    I don't understand. What is a push and how will that check an email account for new messages more often? Thanks
    06-24-09 03:42 PM
    Do you have a BIS plan? Blackberry's don't go check for email's. They have push. Push means that once you get an email sent to you it comes automatically to your berry. But you don't have a blackberry plan this wont happen.
    06-24-09 03:45 PM
    Push email means it is automatically pushed to your device. Meaning you never have to tell it to manually check your inboxes. With gmail it always go to my phone before it ever hits my inbox on the pc.
    06-24-09 03:45 PM
    Your e-mail is setup through the Blackberry Internet Service. Once an e-mail comes into your Inbox, it is sent to your phone instantly. It doesn't check at a set period of time.
    06-24-09 03:47 PM
    Great .... I see now. Ok I do have a bb plan. I am getting my emails but it seems that my outlook gets thems quicker.
    06-24-09 03:52 PM
    Send your service books.

BlackBerry Internet Service
    06-24-09 03:53 PM
    Ok I have sent the service book seems pretty straight forward I appreciate the help. (first time in any forum wow what a fast response THANKS)
    06-24-09 04:00 PM
    yeah.... tat's what i like abt crackberry forum... FAST!!!
    06-25-09 04:34 AM
    Do a search on here for how BIS works, there's an excellent explanation of how your email gets to your phone already written.

In short, if you have a pop3 mail account you will get your email each time your mailbox is checked. Initially this is at 15 minute intervals but after you receive an email the next check is 3 minutes after and as long as new mail is found the checks continue at 3 minutes, if no mail is found the check reverts to 15 minutes.

There are exceptions such as webmail like hotmail, live, gmail or certain imap setups as well where mail delivery is instant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD