I am someone who is consistently changing devices to have the latest and greatest. That being said, I think that the bold does everything that I need in a device. It is fast, very sleek, has a great screen, and it allows me to be very productive while out of the office. I think I can see myself holding on to the bold for at least another year or more.
    06-24-09 02:16 PM
    The Onyx to me doesn't warrant an upgrade if you have the Bold already. It's not only smaller than the Bold but even smaller than the Tour which makes it really unappealing. Furthermore i haven't seen anything thing spec wise on the device that wows me. Yes it has more memory but the Bold's memory can hold me over until the magnum comes out, plus i would be losing an excellent sized keyboard from the Bold if i switched to the Onyx which makes it no bueno for me.
    06-24-09 02:43 PM
    I have only had my bold for 6 weeks and like it, so doubt that I will change. However, I will check out the Onyx when it comes out. If it has significantly better features, then maybe I will.
    06-24-09 04:54 PM
    Only thing that gets me down about the bold is its crappy *** camera
    06-24-09 05:16 PM
    With the better camera and twice the app memory, I am sure I will.
    06-24-09 05:42 PM
    I probably won't I'll save my upgrade for something big like the

Ma Ma Ma....

Mag.... You get where I'm going with this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 05:46 PM
    I don't see me switching, not unless I suddenly hit the lottery... As much as I'm interested in the idea, I upgraded all too recently and I don't make enough to pay retail. *l*

06-24-09 05:47 PM
    I probably will. I'm not going to use a Bold forever. I agree with Garz.
    06-24-09 06:00 PM
    If the onyx had a bigger screen and better battery life then I would probably in a year when im eligible.
    06-24-09 06:16 PM
    I am very happy with the bold right now. I am gonna try to make it last at least a year or maybe two.

06-24-09 06:26 PM
    It's hard to say. I would have to have a "face-to-face" with the Onyx. It would have to bring some major sexiness to replace my Bold.
    06-24-09 07:04 PM
    i definately will cause i love new devices plus touchscreen sucks male members
    06-24-09 07:48 PM
    I am leaning toward making the switch. I like the idea of a better camera and more app memory but I am pretty concerned about the keyboard. I, like others, have really grown to love this keyboard and sacrificing it is not very appealing to me. Will definitely take a good, hard look at it though.

06-24-09 07:54 PM
    Screw trading I will just buy it
    06-24-09 08:02 PM
    Love this screen and keyboard - both would have to be significantly better for me to trade phones. I don't need a ton of app memory or a better camera, though either would be nice. But not a reason for me to give up this perfect keyboard. Used the 8900 a bit a few days ago, and it is too plasticky clicky for me. Not my thing.

06-24-09 08:20 PM
    yes..i cant wait. Ever since i got water damage on the bold, its not working right, despite sending it in for service.
    06-24-09 08:47 PM
    As with the others, I love the Bold's keyboard. The Onyx would have to be comparable in that area. When it comes out, I will take a serious look though!

06-24-09 09:56 PM
    Well I got my bold 6 weeks ago and I love it soooo much so I think ill stick with it (:

06-24-09 10:05 PM
    well it was mentioned in another thread i think by either sith or radio that the ONYX keyboard is a tad smaller than the TOUR's keyboard which is smaller than the BOLD's keyboard so if you like you keyboard size the way it is now better think about that.
    06-25-09 12:03 AM
    Ehh...nope
    06-25-09 01:27 AM
    I'll stick with the Bold for the time being. I won't consider an upgrade that doesn't include all the following:
    • same connection options (needs all 3: 2G, 3G, WiFi),
    • more app memory
    • similar or improved keyboard and screen... not stepping back to a Curve-style keyboard after this baby!
    • similar or better stereo speakers
    • not too much smaller than the Bold. Curve feels really cramped to me now.
    The following aren't necessary but would definitely be added bonuses that might make me switch faster:
    • optical trackball replacement
    • touchscreen (but not INSTEAD of the keys)
    • an accelerometer
    • a nicer camera
    • a browser with flash capability
    • AT&T speeds on any network that's not AT&T, especially if the phone came cheap or free with a signed contract.
    06-25-09 01:53 AM
    I don't have to have the latest and greatest anything when it comes to gadgets, I just get what I can when I can. I lucked out with the free Bold.
    06-25-09 02:27 AM
    ha ha same here I will also just buy it and keep my bold and why no throw the magnum in as well!

by the way when are these two going to out?
    06-25-09 02:59 AM
    Considering I just got my Bold a little less than a month ago, I won't be getting the Onyx. This is especially true if there is nothing that much better about it. Plus, like everyone else posting, I love the Bold keyboard. It's perfect for my hands and can't see using anything smaller.

06-25-09 03:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD