For the last couple of weeks, my Verizon 8830 will no longer utilize a EVDO signal and only connects via 1X. I've called Verizon about this twice and they said there is not thing they can do to force the phone to lock onto the EVDO signal. I previously had a EVDO signal without issue and I have a strong signal (4 or 5 bars) most times.

I've re-registered the phone/host tables a number of times with the CS agent, done the normal battery pulls, manual registration (#000000), etc., etc., etc. Nothing seems to work.

Occasionally it way say evdo on the phone...in all lower-case but will then switch back to 1X.

Any ideas as to how I can get my EVDO signal back?? Could there be an issue with the phone itself?

Thanks!
    06-24-09 08:51 AM
    Sounds like a hardware issue. Maybe a back antenna. If under a uyear they should switch phone out under warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 10:36 AM
    I would back up the phone on your pc and send the phone in. I also agree that it sounds like a hardware issue.

06-24-09 05:47 PM
    You could try updating your PRL version by dialing *22899. My current PRL is 51425. Check PRL by dialing #4357*.

06-24-09 06:52 PM
    I have done the PRL update a couple of times and do have version 51425.
    06-25-09 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD