Not really a 3rd party app, but ESPN redesigned their site for the storm. Now it looks and functions like the iPhone site. It looks a lot more modern, and has a lot more functionality. The old version looked like it was 1996. Check it out, and let me know what you think!
    06-24-09 08:17 AM
    Not really a 3rd party app, but ESPN redesigned their site for the storm. Now it looks and functions like the iPhone site. It looks a lot more modern, and has a lot more functionality. The old version looked like it was 1996. Check it out, and let me know what you think!
    Yeah I saw their new site. I'm really hoping they dramatically improve the mobile pages for fantasy football too. It sure would be nice to actually manage a team from my device rather than just view stats.
    06-24-09 08:38 AM
    I wasn't overly impressed but I guess it's better than before.
    06-24-09 08:43 AM
    I don't notice a difference. What's new?
    06-24-09 08:45 AM
    "Hey, what a tough crowd. They don't throw fruit at you if you're not funny, they throw parts of old Studebakers!" Dangerfield
    06-24-09 08:52 AM
    I don't notice a difference. What's new?
    Aside from the nice big tabs, reduced image clutter, and removing the teensy tiny anchors/links that you had to zoom in dramatically just to get your fingers on? Not a whole lot
    06-24-09 09:13 AM
    I dont keep my java enabled all the time b/c it general slows down web browsing. I think it is a pain that I have to enable the java script everytime i explore the site
    06-24-09 09:55 AM
    I was pretty impressed when I was checking the scores last night. Much much easier to navigate. Much cleaner and more eye appealing.

Great Job ESPN.

Gotta throw in some love for my Dodgers.
    06-24-09 10:26 AM
    ...and more eye appealing.
    The site design? Or because of Sharapova's appearance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 11:02 AM
    The site design? Or because of Sharapova's appearance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ha ha! Exactly!
    06-24-09 11:05 AM
    I was watchin the yankee game the other night and went online to check a stat and noticed it for the first time.

had a live pitch by pitch / game stats etc too. It was pretty fast to refresh too only a few seconds after each pitch. Not bad for a web based app. Not nearly as cool as my buddies espn app on his iphone tho :/
    06-24-09 11:57 AM
    Hmm...is it browser dependent? I'm getting the same old espn mobile on Opera Mini. What's the link?
    06-24-09 12:03 PM
    Hmm...is it browser dependent? I'm getting the same old espn mobile on Opera Mini. What's the link?
    Simply going to ESPN.com on your BB browser with identity set to "Blackberry" would get you there. If you're not seeing it, it's assuredly due to running Opera.

Anyway, this change occurred a few days ago. It's nice, certainly, though I had no issues with the old layout.
    06-24-09 12:16 PM
    perhaps it needs the actual browser to be listed as blackberry?
    06-24-09 12:16 PM
    Simply going to ESPN.com on your BB browser with identity set to "Blackberry" would get you there. If you're not seeing it, it's assuredly due to running Opera.

Anyway, this change occurred a few days ago. It's nice, certainly, though I had no issues with the old layout.
    I guess for whatever reason it has not changed for Opera users despite the fact it's the same mobile site.

I simply refuse to use the BB browser. It's so much slower it's not even funny.
    06-24-09 12:54 PM
    Confirmed...it's a Mini issue. BB browser works fine. Ah well.
    06-24-09 01:00 PM
    I was watchin the yankee game the other night and went online to check a stat and noticed it for the first time.

had a live pitch by pitch / game stats etc too. It was pretty fast to refresh too only a few seconds after each pitch. Not bad for a web based app. Not nearly as cool as my buddies espn app on his iphone tho :/
    so it has live pitch by pitch now? Is it better than the live pitch by pitch at mlb.com ? i'll have to try this tonight.
    06-24-09 01:11 PM
    It seemed quicker , i was watching the game at the same time and it was only a few seconds delayed. Players updated quick etc. NO complaints here.
    06-24-09 01:26 PM
    It says that it has added the functionality for fantasy baseball allowing roster moves, but I have not had any success with that yet. It would be great if that does start working, as changing the page to use IE, and classic clubhouse is a pain, it will be so much easier to use the BB mobile site.

Anyone have any luck with accessing the roster moves for your fantasy baseball team yet?
    06-24-09 01:32 PM
    it seems my connection likes to double post 20 min apart now ! , edited
    Last edited by aimetti; 06-24-09 at 01:50 PM.
    06-24-09 01:47 PM
    have you tried going to http : // m.espn.go.com instead of just espn.com from Opera?
    06-24-09 01:51 PM
    you need to goto
    Code:
    http://espn.mobi
    that gets you to the mobile website
    06-24-09 02:29 PM
    The new ESPN MLB Live Gameday is AWESOME!!!
    06-25-09 12:46 PM
    I agree the new mobile site looks a lot better.
    06-25-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD