Just downloaded the BB File Scout Version 1.0 primarily to delete the OEM wallpapers, music, and videos...after deleting the samples I did a battery pull and checked to see if my memory increased...to my dismay it did not...I'm probably missing a step or two but if anyone knows why i didn't gain the "5 megabytes" of memory it would make my night!
    06-23-09 03:44 PM
    Just downloaded the BB File Scout Version 1.0 primarily to delete the OEM wallpapers, music, and videos...after deleting the samples I did a battery pull and checked to see if my memory increased...to my dismay it did not...I'm probably missing a step or two but if anyone knows why i didn't gain the "5 megabytes" of memory it would make my night!
    Deleting those files will not free the space. You will need to compress the operating system and reload. See the operating system forum for doing that.
    06-23-09 06:57 PM
    What's the deal with this? I remember back in the early Storm days (probably before Lyricidal ever thought about making Shrink-A-OS), reading threads about how deleting these sample pictures and Babylon video would get you an extra 5 meg of memory? Does it not really work? I got rid of them long ago, but I never actually checked up on the memory result.
    06-23-09 07:56 PM
    What's the deal with this? I remember back in the early Storm days (probably before Lyricidal ever thought about making Shrink-A-OS), reading threads about how deleting these sample pictures and Babylon video would get you an extra 5 meg of memory? Does it not really work? I got rid of them long ago, but I never actually checked up on the memory result.
    You seem to think Lyricidal works magic or something. He/his apps do nothing you can't do with your own mouse and a little research.
    06-23-09 10:19 PM
    ive deleted it, i reboot bout 55 mb (well, maybe bc i dont have that much apps on my phone but i deleted the sample pix and video, seeming it works)
    06-23-09 10:21 PM
    Odd; I used this a little while ago and went from 43mb on a reboot[battery pull/quickpull] to 48mb on a reboot. Seemed to work great for me. I just went in and deleted the sample photos and the sample music song.
    06-23-09 11:01 PM
    ive deleted it, i reboot bout 55 mb (well, maybe bc i dont have that much apps on my phone but i deleted the sample pix and video, seeming it works)
    Odd; I used this a little while ago and went from 43mb on a reboot[battery pull/quickpull] to 48mb on a reboot. Seemed to work great for me. I just went in and deleted the sample photos and the sample music song.
    That's what I thought was supposed to happen. I guess the OP needs to try a couple more battery pulls.
    06-24-09 07:55 AM
    bbfilescout is a great little app. first of all it gives you more options than using javaloader . with bbfilescout can keep what you want . with java you must remove fields . some preloaded ringtones and pics are just not worth keeping on your bb , but some are wanted, with bbfilescout you get a choice !
    06-24-09 08:23 AM
    Hmmm I just deleted a bunch of stuff...after a battery pull I still have the same amount of memory.
    How many battery pulls are required?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 09:33 PM
    Just give it one more and let it go. Don't worry about watching memory. You will go crazy with yourself if you do.

09-05-09 05:54 AM
    Just give it one more and let it go. Don't worry about watching memory. You will go crazy with yourself if you do.

True. I admit to having memory OCD. I check it too much...

09-05-09 02:41 PM
    what about using it too delete ringtones and these stupid contact pics? will it hurt my device?
    09-06-09 07:14 AM
    what about using it too delete ringtones and these stupid contact pics? will it hurt my device?
    nope wont hurt at all
    09-06-09 08:12 AM
    True. I admit to having memory OCD. I check it too much...

ya same here. im trying to clear some space to keep it close to 30 mbs on restart.
    09-06-09 11:52 AM
    best way would be to reload os, remove the wallpapers/default videos via shrink or just remove the files from the java folder
    09-06-09 11:59 AM
    @harpua ........but im not that smart x(
    09-06-09 12:03 PM
    @harpua ........but im not that smart x(
    That's why there's the FAQ forum. =P

09-06-09 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD