I've been thinking, it is now June 23 and the launch of the Tour on Verizon (if it is to be launched on July 13) is about 3 weeks away. As such, shouldn't Verizon stores start receiving them and stocking them soon? How long before launch did Verizon stores start receiving the Storm?
    06-23-09 01:56 PM
    There have been reports of Telus already stocking the Tour, but usually a store would not stock a product for this long. Stocking products does cost the company money. A lot of products for some stores are delivered the day before they go on sale.
    06-23-09 02:04 PM
    The night before there released, or even in the early morning before the store opens
    06-23-09 02:14 PM
    VZW stores may not even have them on opening day. It all depends on the location and sales quality of the store
    06-23-09 02:18 PM
    The storms were in at the store near me 2 days in advance.. but this was a major location..

believe me with how fast they ship things out these days its not that much of a concern to be there super early
    06-23-09 03:29 PM
    I think the Telus stores are going to start selling them very soon. Idk why, but there is no reason for them to have them this early without the intent to sell them.
    06-23-09 03:32 PM
    The problem with stocking them early, as I see it. If a newer more stable OS, which we know it will be pretty solid, but if bug patches and such come along then will either have to update all them, time is money in any company...

Or they will pass the updates off to the user in the end......

Not sure.......
    06-23-09 03:41 PM
    I can't wait for the Tour! Don't get me wrong, I love my BlackBerry Storm, But I miss having a physical keyboard.
    06-23-09 03:52 PM
    I can't wait for the Tour! Don't get me wrong, I love my BlackBerry Storm, But I miss having a physical keyboard.
    Well I hate my Blackberry Storm. I cannot wait for July!
    06-23-09 03:59 PM
    The storms were in at the store near me 2 days in advance.. but this was a major location..

believe me with how fast they ship things out these days its not that much of a concern to be there super early
    That's interesting. If so, then I would imagine that UPS, FedEx, etc., should have their trucks pretty much full of nothing but BlackBerry Tours right before launch.
    06-23-09 06:55 PM
    They will start stocking as soon as I give them the word to.
    06-23-09 07:05 PM
    In our store, typically if they're good about production it's possible to have them up to a week in advanced. However, if they're going on a pre-release sale which is what it's trending towards then it may be online only deal for the first week while the rest are being shipped to the store. It all depends on how much hype is made about the product.
    06-23-09 09:53 PM
    Yeah one can remain optimistic that they release it one the 13 of july
    06-23-09 10:42 PM
    I would suspect Verizon warehouses are starting to receive the phones now, Verizon will have to clearly bring in enough phones to cover X number per store, no way does the Manufacture ship to Each Store as that would cost a fortune, I would assume each store gets a Weekly shipment from Verizon with products they need on a stocking order, I would assume that each store will get stock the Week of Launch on there natural stocking day, all you are doing is asking for theft and early release of product if it is stocked at the store level too early before the announced release, same thing happens with DVD's at video stores.
    06-24-09 04:17 AM
    The problem with stocking them early, as I see it. If a newer more stable OS, which we know it will be pretty solid, but if bug patches and such come along then will either have to update all them, time is money in any company...

Or they will pass the updates off to the user in the end......

Not sure.......

I agree with this.. this makes sense.. however I also believe that during the testing period they are also testing the software on the device so I am not sure that some company's would accept a last minute upgrade most the time?

I am speaking on speculation but verizon has always seemed to have a hard core process of checking out the software.
    06-24-09 04:57 AM
    Im sorry, but just curious. Why would we worry or even need to know when Verizon was stocking the Tour, if its still not availible to the public when they do?
    06-24-09 06:11 AM
    Because this would be another step in us having a more definite confirmation of a time period that the Tour will be available.
    06-24-09 07:18 AM
    Thursday is inventory day for stores in our area. The phones usually show up that day a week ahead of time, and it is common to get an extra Fedex shipment if sales are expected to be high.

No inventory yet, and we still have not been trained on the phone.
    06-24-09 07:32 AM
    In our store, typically if they're good about production it's possible to have them up to a week in advanced. However, if they're going on a pre-release sale which is what it's trending towards then it may be online only deal for the first week while the rest are being shipped to the store. It all depends on how much hype is made about the product.
    looks to me like there is no hype about these tours at all. what is a tour?

but seriously we arent even the only blackberry website out there, there are tons of other people on other fourms just as excited as us.
    06-24-09 07:53 AM
    So is July 13, 2009, Really the official release date for the BlackBerry Tour? or is this a speculation date? I hope & wish that The 13th is the offical release date....
    06-24-09 08:11 AM
    It's speculation right now. We have it from VERY good sources, but nothing "official" has come from any of the carriers.
    06-24-09 08:15 AM
    Which should we expect to see first...the FCC confirmation of the Tour, or VZW getting inventory of the Tour?
    06-24-09 08:15 AM
    I say The FCC confirmation first. After all, they have approve it before Verizon Wireless and RIM starts selling it. Maybe they already approved it and we just don't know about it.
    Last edited by Jahmezz; 06-24-09 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Mispelled word
    06-24-09 08:19 AM
    Phonescoop has nothing on the tour being approved by the FCC. Although I don't know if they are the most reliable web site for that, they are the only one I know of. It also appears that phones generally get approval fairly close to launch. I imagine they have to send a resale copy to the FCC for approval, so that a consumer version is tested.
    06-24-09 08:31 AM
    Verizon get shipments first week of july. Tour @ fcc now but release no information until right time.
    06-24-09 08:35 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD