Hello everyone..

I currently have a BB Curve 8330 from Verizon. I've only had it about a month. It's cool and all but I miss not having a touch screen. I had a Voyager before the 8330. I stayed away from the Storm because of all the issues that it had.

I was in the store today and still have one week before my 30 days are up to switch to a new model if I want. So my question to you people is:

Is it worth it to get the Storm? Are most of the annoying problems fixed? Will I get it and be pissed off with all kinds of little bugs and stuff? Is there anything that I should know about the Storm before jumping into it?

I'm hesitant on getting it because of all the issues I've heard people complain about in the past. Verizon said it released new software for it a few weeks back. How is it?

Thanks for any advice you people may have for me,

-Alli
    06-22-09 11:35 PM
    storm is great, imho, i recommend ignoring ppl who tend to bash the storm and just try it urself

as for the os, .148, official, it is better, if not the greatest...(then the previous official os's)
    06-22-09 11:37 PM
    I would check out the in store model, mess with it for a while. The storm does seem like a great device. Make sure it is what you really want. It seems more of a personal prefrence.
    06-22-09 11:40 PM
    I had the new software downloaded and it seemed to fix a few things, but not the most annoying things. I don't know if it's just my phone, but the screen will randomly turn white or static and sometimes reset itself. The screen also randomly seems to be unresponsive, which irritates me to no end. Also, when I press one part of the screen it will sometimes highlight another. So overall, I should have gotten a curve or some non-touchscreen phone. I personally would love to have an iPhone, but Verizon's service and coverage is far superior to AT&T's.
    storm is great, imho, i recommend ignoring ppl who tend to bash the storm and just try it urself

as for the os, .148, official, it is better, if not the greatest...(then the previous official os's)
    i agree. Give it a try you might actually like it and it could work for you.
    yeah, give it a try. i had one, but to be honest, the touchscreen wasn't for me. I need a physical keyboard to type my emails and txts. However, the storms screen was sexy, and browsing the web on a larger screen as opposed to something on the curve or tour is a plus. but really, i think it all comes down to if you like touchscreens and can deal with not having a physical keyboard.
    06-22-09 11:47 PM
    My storm has been great the whole time. No major issues. I say play with one and if it fits your fancy then go for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 11:49 PM
    I use my Storm for personal things. The touch screen has a definite learning curve but once it is mastered it is really fun to use. The software could user a second rewrite and frankly its weird that one must purchase "apps" to make something work better.

The Storm should last the two year contract. I would get insurance for sure, its a valuable item.
    Honestly, for anyone, if you can hang on for the storm2 and let it work its bugs out, there could be some upgrades is performance. These portable computer/telephones are like early computers you really have to work within their operational parameters.
    Apples new iphone got a faster CPU this time around. As time goes on these devices will get really smooth.
    Know you are on the cutting edge.
    06-23-09 12:14 AM
    Its slower then most new blackberries. I personally don't like it. It cant keep up with me. Waiting for the tour.
    06-23-09 12:43 AM
    for sure look into the storm. like ongre10 said there is a slight learning curve, which at first may be annoying, but after that it should be smooth sailing. you might as well get it while you are in your trial time. its a great phone. you will also always have lyric and patches and civic and the rest of the gang to help you out with any problems. so all in all, go for it.
    06-23-09 12:46 AM
    I'd give it a go definitely. Especially if u enjoy fiddling with OS's and customixing ur phone. I've had a ball. It still has quirks and occasional issues but not enough to make me give it up.

06-23-09 01:51 AM
    I am a G1 user and testing out the storm, while I find the touch screen akward, I think its a nice phone. I'm a newbie the phone, I think once I get use it and get the bugs out it might do what I need. I have say I am impressed with VZ Navigator as I am able to use full function of this app. Its nice...well see what happens when I get my G2(My touch) though if I continue to use the storm
    06-23-09 02:01 AM
    When I first got my Storm, it was a true love and hate relationship but I was determined to figure it out. Now I love it. With that being said, the main thing now is to not listen to others when they bash one phone or another, it is about your personal needs and since I "the average BB owner" does not get commision on the phone that you purchase I will not try to sway you. I am thankful that BB has so many phones in its "stable" to meet the needs of any user so you dont have to be pigeon holed to one thing.
    06-23-09 02:17 AM
    I would switch. I just sold my curve on ebay and now use the storm its lot better. Does everything better than curve. Especially surf the net.

Hello everyone..

I currently have a BB Curve 8330 from Verizon. I've only had it about a month. It's cool and all but I miss not having a touch screen. I had a Voyager before the 8330. I stayed away from the Storm because of all the issues that it had.

I was in the store today and still have one week before my 30 days are up to switch to a new model if I want. So my question to you people is:

Is it worth it to get the Storm? Are most of the annoying problems fixed? Will I get it and be pissed off with all kinds of little bugs and stuff? Is there anything that I should know about the Storm before jumping into it?

I'm hesitant on getting it because of all the issues I've heard people complain about in the past. Verizon said it released new software for it a few weeks back. How is it?

Thanks for any advice you people may have for me,

-Alli
    06-23-09 03:07 AM
    just get it man. you will get used to the surepress.
    06-23-09 04:03 AM
    if your a really picky person then this phone might not be the one for you. you will have to do updates and stuff and somewhat have some knowledge of how the storm os works. i wouldnt mess with the floor model because soo many people have messed with it and probably has a corrupted os and or has no app memory on it. i would suggest you try one that someone you know has or maybe a rep from a carrier has.
    06-23-09 05:55 AM
    Since Verizon is kind enough to give you the 30 day trial, take advantage of it. 30 days is more than enough to give you an idea of what the phone is really like with your personal settings, in your hands. If you don't like it, take it back and hopefully the Tour will be out. If you love it, as most do, then you'll be glad you got it soon. It is far from perfect, but I love my device and it has made me a BB addict.
    06-23-09 06:25 AM
    I was in the same situation but I could not return my curve because the rebate was already sent off and the UPC was cut off the box at the store. Make sure you can exchange it. I love my curve, though. Sometimes daydream of the storm mainly because of the screen and cool factor. There is still a long list of reasons I still like my curve better even still after 7 months. I just love the tactile feel of a physical keyboard and trackball, and the fact I can do just about everything without moving my thumb more than an inch (except for typing). I can also type by feel without looking at the keyboard. The curve seems much more responsive except when handling photos. The storm wins there.

06-23-09 08:13 AM
    If you like working with phones and like learning new things get the storm but if you want a phone to be perfect don't count on it

06-23-09 11:16 AM
    Been using my storm since December and don't get any of these random reboots and freezing people talk about. Never have on any OS

Get the phone.
    06-23-09 11:20 AM
    Get it and try it out and see if you like it. Just give the storm a chance.

06-23-09 11:55 AM
    No, do not get the Storm. You have a Curve now, which is a great phone. I can see that you miss having a touchscreen, but this isn't one that you want, unfortunately. I would say get the upcoming Tour, but you want a touchscreen. In that case, wait for the Storm 2.
    06-23-09 12:57 PM
    Dont listen to the haters. They cry loudly, but are in the minority

Try it out for yourself. Only way to find out.

I could recommend you some pants, but only you would know if they fit you right
    06-23-09 01:55 PM
    I have had the storm and the curve and I really enjoy both. Actually traded in the curve for the storm during the 30 day period. You should be able to exchange it even if you have sent off for the rebate, as it says on the terms and conditions you sign before you send in for the rebate, but you will have to pay for the rebate. Also, you only get one 30 day try it period. Only one exchange so use it wisely.
    06-23-09 01:57 PM
    If you're looking for an IPhone no, if you're looking for a touch screen blackberry try it out.

Last edited by m3grady2; 06-23-09 at 02:53 PM.
    06-23-09 02:28 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD