Here is what Scurvy posted on page 3.

I've never sold a theme, so I'm not gaining any money. I've gotten my themes to work on the version of .151 on my Storm. I spent a couple of days trying to figure it out. I started off with a default theme with just my SVG file and it worked fine, so obviously that wasn't the issue. I then started changing the icons, one by one, and still it worked. Then started changing the fonts and started running into problems. So I set all the fonts back to defaults and the theme worked again on .151. So I changed the fonts one at a time to find the culprit. Under "Theme the Application Icons Screen" the "Icon Font" must be default. If you have it set to any other font, the theme fails on .151. If you have it bold, or italics, it fails. It must be set to the default "BBAlpha Sans" size "15", white, not bold, not italicized, but anti-aliased. If not, or unsure, click on "Icon Font:" ( the words ), and then click reset to default...

I will say it works on my version and a couple of friends Storms that are running .151 hybrid. The version I am running is from http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...ybrid-239783/I downloaded the java files and followed the instructions. And my themes work fine on it as well as somdfisher's theme ( blue carbon ) after he changed the fonts back to default.

But, I was told my themes don't work for 151 V7.1? I asked the person where they got their files from, but they never responded. I'm assuming I have version 7.0, but I don't know.

Anyways, if some other theme developers want to give this a shot and have people that are running .151 to test it out, feel free. I know my themes started working afterwards, and that's the only thing I changed, was that one font back to default.
    Last edited by flashman03; 06-24-09 at 02:29 PM.
    06-22-09 10:21 PM
    Right this coming from a .148 user...we wont even get into your issues on the OS your running!

So leave our issues alone!
    Im not talking about all OS issues. Im talking strictly the users who complain that themes dont work on .151. That is it. All themes work on .148. Tell me what good it does complaining in every thread that the theme doesnt work. Its obvious its the OS not the damn theme.
    06-22-09 11:51 PM
    .151 is a known issue to all.... im on the .151 and had trouble with the themes myself.. the only thing to do is wither downgrade or find a theme that you like (so many choices) and find the one that works on .151... i've tried at least 10-20 themes til the one i found that i liked and works on .151... i would say that is the only way to keep both for now..
    06-23-09 12:11 AM
    Yeah the two threads to the hundreds about your OS...VZW made and released a POS OS. So if one thing out of hundreds doesnt work well so be it. But I know for a fact there are several Themes that work just fine
    Dude, GTFO. You are the typical person on this forum who has to just talk all the sh it in the world about this is better than that. Yes, every damn OS that has come out for the storm has had issues. Thats not the point. THE POINT IS THAT .151 HAS NOTHING BUT ISSUES ON THE MAJORITY OF THEMES. Get the damn point and see you later.
    06-23-09 12:27 AM
    Why are you complaining about .148 and saying it's garbage if you're using the same piece of crap phone that the rest of us are?
    06-23-09 01:20 AM
    Dude, GTFO. You are the typical person on this forum who has to just talk all the sh it in the world about this is better than that. Yes, every damn OS that has come out for the storm has had issues. Thats not the point. THE POINT IS THAT .151 HAS NOTHING BUT ISSUES ON THE MAJORITY OF THEMES. Get the damn point and see you later.
    I think you see this problem from the wrong point of view:
    ok, we all know that .151 has issues with themes and who has <=148 don't care about this....
    But the forum is for all users ... fw.151 included...
    so... man, let .151 users know if a theme works or not with their firmware.
    It's very annoying downloading and installing new themes and have your storm blocked... If I find infos and I know that a theme doesn't work I save my time!

In my opinion developers should declare if their theme work or not with .151 in the first message of a thread.

Thanks
    Last edited by umberto.sulla; 06-23-09 at 05:36 AM.
    06-23-09 05:28 AM
    ok, we all know that .151 has issues with themes and who has <=148 don't care about this....
    It's very annoying downloading and installing new themes and have your storm blocked... If I find infos and I know that a theme doesn't work I save my time!

In my opinion developers should declare if their theme work or not with .151 in the first message of a thread.

Thanks
    .151 is a leaked OS so why would a dev waste their time? It's not the dev problem, it is the OS' problem, which is why all leaked OS' are labeled with warnings.
    06-23-09 05:45 AM
    .151 is a leaked OS so why would a dev waste their time? It's not the dev problem, it is the OS' problem, which is why all leaked OS' are labeled with warnings.
    I'm not asking developers to fix their themes... but possibly only declaring if they work or not with .151...
    This should be done expecially for not free and not donationware themes...
    A lot of people buy themes and cannot use them...

I know .151 is a leaked OS but it is so far the best... and if you look around a lot of people use it, especially with Vodafone carrier. A lot of people from 9530 uses even hybrids...
    I prefer having limited themes but a real good experience with my bb...
    Last edited by umberto.sulla; 06-23-09 at 06:04 AM.
    06-23-09 05:54 AM

Thanks
    Dude srsly... .151 is not an official release. How can you expect theme developers to state if it works with a leak? And if its on the 9530 if it works with a hybrid? Just be happy with what you have. If you need a pretty theme go back to .75.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 06:32 AM
    Dude srsly... .151 is not an official release. How can you expect theme developers to state if it works with a leak? And if its on the 9530 if it works with a hybrid? Just be happy with what you have. If you need a pretty theme go back to .75.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    He's not asking developers to state whether a theme works with .151 or not, he's just stating for the rest of us who have a .151 and has a theme that is working to let others know, so when someone w/ .151 wants a theme they know which ones work with .151 and which ones don't.

I had a about 3 that worked with .151 and there was about a hand full that didn't work.
    06-23-09 07:37 AM
    He's not asking developers to state whether a theme works with .151 or not, he's just stating for the rest of us who have a .151 and has a theme that is working to let others know, so when someone w/ .151 wants a theme they know which ones work with .151 and which ones don't.

I had a about 3 that worked with .151 and there was about a hand full that didn't work.
    Blackberry Pro V3 by NAtemz
    BBAmped By Natemz
    the best so far....
    06-23-09 07:52 AM
    [QUOTE=umberto.sulla;2869836]I'm not asking developers to fix their themes... but possibly only declaring if they work or not with .151... QUOTE]

I gues you forgot you requested this.
    Last edited by rsmiff; 06-23-09 at 11:49 AM.
    06-23-09 07:55 AM
    For all of you running .151 OS and are complaining themes dont work with it switch to a different OS. Or at the very least leave those comments out of the theme threads because its a known issue and so far nothing the theme builders can do anything about.
    Hahaha, false. I got my themes to work on .151. It's easy.
    06-23-09 08:26 AM
    Hahaha, false. I got my themes to work on .151. It's easy.
    Are you a theme builder? If you are why dont you share your information with the rest of them. Most of the premium themes I know for sure have issues on .151. The point of this thread was to make it so people stop complaining about themes not working when it is an OS issue. It is not an argument about which OS is better.
    06-23-09 09:53 AM
    For all of you running .151 OS and are complaining themes dont work with it switch to a different OS. Or at the very least leave those comments out of the theme threads because its a known issue and so far nothing the theme builders can do anything about.
    I beg to differ. There are several themes that work quite well with the .151 & .151 hybrids so there's obviously something developers CAN do with their themes. I'm not talking simple themes either. Appleberry for one which is quite elaborate in it's features works well on my .151 hybrid. whereas some of the simple Today versions of the default zen theme don't work at all.

Just saying...
    06-23-09 09:59 AM
    I beg to differ. There are several themes that work quite well with the .151 & .151 hybrids so there's obviously something developers CAN do with their themes. I'm not talking simple themes either. Appleberry for one which is quite elaborate in it's features works well on my .151 hybrid. whereas some of the simple Today versions of the default zen theme don't work at all.

Just saying...
    Not true entirely, alot of people have reported appleberry not working on .151, while others say it works fine.

Nobody has pinpointed what exactly causes themes to malfunction on .151 and as there are thousands of options a theme maker can use nobody will probably find out except maybe by accident one day :O

I know personally I will just stop making themes if the problem has something to do with SVG files using animations or lots of triggers and stuff, and ill come back when the software is updated..
    06-23-09 10:39 AM
    Not true entirely, alot of people have reported appleberry not working on .151, while others say it works fine.

Nobody has pinpointed what exactly causes themes to malfunction on .151 and as there are thousands of options a theme maker can use nobody will probably find out except maybe by accident one day :O

I know personally I will just stop making themes if the problem has something to do with SVG files using animations or lots of triggers and stuff, and ill come back when the software is updated..
    Exactly. That and most people don't understand how little we do have at our fingertips to change. We don't change the way your phone works only the way it looks. I am 99% sure it is RIM's slip up in the latest BETA build and it's not worth arguing over until the next one comes out so we'll know for sure.
    06-23-09 10:52 AM
    Exactly. That and most people don't understand how little we do have at our fingertips to change. We don't change the way your phone works only the way it looks. I am 99% sure it is RIM's slip up in the latest BETA build and it's not worth arguing over until the next one comes out so we'll know for sure.
    That was pretty much my reason for the thread. TY. If a theme doesnt work on .151 its not the themes issue, it is the OS issue. I have never read or heard of any other OS causing this many theme issues. My point was for people on .151 to quit complaining or asking or saying they wasted money on a theme. You didnt waste money, just downgrade your OS or wait until a new leak comes out and try it at that time. Just stop ******** in the theme threads.
    06-23-09 11:16 AM
    That was pretty much my reason for the thread. TY. If a theme doesnt work on .151 its not the themes issue, it is the OS issue. I have never read or heard of any other OS causing this many theme issues. My point was for people on .151 to quit complaining or asking or saying they wasted money on a theme. You didnt waste money, just downgrade your OS or wait until a new leak comes out and try it at that time. Just stop ******** in the theme threads.
    Yea, most people just find it easier to blame Theme Developers because, let's face it, no one's perfect. If RIM came out with a beta OS that stopped, let's say, your browser to stop working, who would you complain to? RIM. That's right. Not who ever developed the Browser. I guess us theme builders reside at the bottom of the developers totem pole so to speak. lol
    06-23-09 11:34 AM
    Yea, most people just find it easier to blame Theme Developers because, let's face it, no one's perfect. If RIM came out with a beta OS that stopped, let's say, your browser to stop working, who would you complain to? RIM. That's right. Not who ever developed the Browser. I guess us theme builders reside at the bottom of the developers totem pole so to speak. lol
    Cause the majority of our work is Graphic Design and Graphic Composition....who ever appreciates visual, let alone digital artists?....until they are dead atleast... :P
    06-23-09 11:47 AM

It doesn't have anything to do with SVG files at all
    06-23-09 11:58 AM
    It doesn't have anything to do with SVG files at all
    Ok well this is the second time you have posted something like this, and no offense really, but if you are just gonna sit there and be all "I know the answer but im just gonna let you know i know it!!!!" then just go ...go fart in a baby kittens mouth
    06-23-09 12:05 PM
    Ok well this is the second time you have posted something like this, and no offense really, but if you are just gonna sit there and be all "I know the answer but im just gonna let you know i know it!!!!" then just go ...go fart in a baby kittens mouth
    Well said,I think everybody want's to know if there is a fix.
    So let's hear it.
    06-23-09 12:11 PM
    Exactly. You should tell the public for the betterment of theme builders everywhere. Everyone should have a fair shot at building themes not only the select lucky few. I highly doubt you really know though.
    06-23-09 12:16 PM
    Exactly. You should tell the public for the betterment of theme builders everywhere. Everyone should have a fair shot at building themes not only the select lucky few. I highly doubt you really know though.
    I don't think it's a big deal, and I'm sure it'll be patched in the future. It's something soooooo easy. I'll just hint, it has to do with the fonts...

I'm off, I have to go fart in a kittens mouth and take a dump on its mom.
    06-23-09 12:19 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD