I went to the Verizon store because my Storm was acting up so i figured i could get a new one. They told me the phone was for sure broken but they couldnt get me a new phone because i have "unsupported non-blackberry apps and they only support blackberry apps" The apps I have are:
    Quickpull
    AP News
    Myspace
    as far as I remember.. Since when are you not allowed to have apps on your phone anyways??
    06-22-09 06:50 PM
    Thats when I would have gone into my extreme irate customer mode. I guarantee you they would have hooked me up just to quiet me down.

Are you sure you don't have an OS installed that is not .75 or .148 without any hybrid files.
    06-22-09 06:59 PM
    Thats when I would have gone into my extreme irate customer mode. I guarantee you they would have hooked me up just to quiet me down.

Are you sure you don't have an OS installed that is not .75 or .148 without any hybrid files.
    Well I was about to but I had to make it to the hospital on time for work. But yeah I made sure before I went in that I had .148 on so i wouldnt get any s*** for it Still confused!!!
    06-22-09 07:04 PM
    That's a crock. I would go back in again and if needed, demand to see the store manager. Depending on what's wrong with your phone, you might even be able to get it taken care of with a phone call to customer support.
    06-22-09 07:07 PM
    Yeah I think I'm just going to go to try a different store after I get off. My back button is stuck on hitting back so i cannot do anything on it.
    06-22-09 07:24 PM
    I went to the Verizon store because my Storm was acting up so i figured i could get a new one. They told me the phone was for sure broken but they couldnt get me a new phone because i have "unsupported non-blackberry apps and they only support blackberry apps" The apps I have are:
    Quickpull
    AP News
    Myspace
    as far as I remember.. Since when are you not allowed to have apps on your phone anyways??
    Sounds like they didn't know what they were talking about. The MySpace app is a RIM made blackberry app, lol.
    06-22-09 07:32 PM
    And quikpull is a free app in bb appworld. What jerks...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 08:10 PM
    3rd party apps and themes can cause problems on the phone and Verizon isn't responsible if that happens. They had me delete my 3rd party themes and apps before they would send me a refurb to make sure those weren't causing the major battery and memory drain I was experiencing.
    06-22-09 08:17 PM
    Yet more dribble from VZW idiots! I probably would have blew my top at something like that. What exactly is an "unsupported non-BlackBerry" app anyway? That's just plain stupid. It's not like you installed something intended for the iPhone.

VZW can barely support the phone as it is - who would ever expect them to support something installed from a 3rd party? Regardless, for them to actually say something like that is ridiculous.
    06-22-09 08:20 PM
    Yet more dribble from VZW idiots! I probably would have blew my top at something like that. What exactly is an "unsupported non-BlackBerry" app anyway? That's just plain stupid. It's not like you installed something intended for the iPhone.
    Yeah exactly what I was thinking as they told me! I just wanna go back there so that I can simply ask where exactly they think I am supposed to get my "supported Blackberry" apps then. I was so out of words when they told me they couldn't replace my phone because of that! Ohhh whoops, your RIGHT, forgot to take off my iPhone OS i had running on my storm before i went in
    06-22-09 08:43 PM
    Yeah exactly what I was thinking as they told me! I just wanna go back there so that I can simply ask where exactly they think I am supposed to get my "supported Blackberry" apps then. I was so out of words when they told me they couldn't replace my phone because of that! Ohhh whoops, your RIGHT, forgot to take off my iPhone OS i had running on my storm before i went in
    hahaha just uninstall those apps and go back in. they can't prove that they were installed on there if they have been removed
    06-22-09 08:54 PM
    Damn that sucks, when I wasn't getting the .148 OTA on my storm, I went to Verizon. They said I couldn't get it because I was running a leaked OS, also because I had different "non-blackberry apps." They didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to clear my phone and getting me to new OS update, so they just gave me a new phone....I didn't even ask.
    06-22-09 09:01 PM
    I think i'm going to just go to a different Verizon store after work. I'm sure if I go back to the same store they'll find another thing "wrong and unsupported" at this point I wouldnt be surprised if they nailed me for my carrying case or something. hahaha.
    06-22-09 09:02 PM
    Damn that sucks, when I wasn't getting the .148 OTA on my storm, I went to Verizon. They said I couldn't get it because I was running a leaked OS, also because I had different "non-blackberry apps." They didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to clear my phone and getting me to new OS update, so they just gave me a new phone....I didn't even ask.
    Lucky! I guess now I just need to pray I get a rep like that when I head over there! Lets all pray for me now! hahaha jk jk
    06-22-09 09:06 PM
    all of those are available from the RIM-made app world

tell them to shove that storm up their asses
    06-22-09 09:10 PM
    Seriously, I'd love for one of their reps to define what an "unsupported, non-BlackBerry app" is. Again, I understand that they don't support 3rd party apps - that's not the question here.

As BlackBerry users, I'm reasonably confident that most of us are only downloading/installing apps made for... well... BlackBerrys.
    06-22-09 09:46 PM
    Seriously, I'd love for one of their reps to define what an "unsupported, non-BlackBerry app" is. Again, I understand that they don't support 3rd party apps - that's not the question here.

As BlackBerry users, I'm reasonably confident that most of us are only downloading/installing apps made for... well... BlackBerrys.
    Well it looks like I'm not going tonight, they close in 4 minutes. But just for the enjoyment of the crackberry nation I'm going to go back to the same Verizon store tommorrow to ask that exact question and let some steam off at the reps and then i'll get back to you guys
    06-22-09 09:58 PM
    Lucky! I guess now I just need to pray I get a rep like that when I head over there! Lets all pray for me now! hahaha jk jk
    Hey Icy, easiest way to get the help you need with little to no questions asked is to ask for the "tech" in the store that owns a Storm. I am sure almost every location has one fitting that criteria. Tell that rep that u downloaded yer apps from Appworld, and you dont understand why they are giving you so much grief. I have exchanged phones with worse than an "unsupported" (VERY loosely defined term there) apps on it because I understand the nature of the beast... It is ridiculous that they would go so far over a warranty issue.
    06-23-09 12:30 AM
    Yet more dribble from VZW idiots! I probably would have blew my top at something like that. [...] That's just plain stupid.
    NOT a good point... characterizing an entire company over a few reps that honestly could care less about more than a paycheck I imagine. Makes people like me care a lot less when people like you come in with problems...
    It's not like you installed something intended for the iPhone.
    VZW can barely support the phone as it is - [...]
    Regardless, for them to actually say something like that is ridiculous.
    GOOD point.
    I agree... what they said was ridiculous.
    I think, to make a point, I would backup your phone so you don't lose anything, and go in and tell the manager, loud enough for everyone else to hear, that they aren't happy about your apps so you are going to **** away your storm experiences and wipe it clean for them (assuming of course you can go into the menu to wipe the handheld with a bad button). Make them think you wiped it and lost everything... At that point, if you don't get a replacement right away out of shear compassion... then you really need to find a different location for support.
    06-23-09 12:40 AM
    hahaha....I am an "irate customer mode" professional when it comes to my BB and Verizon. So far I have not had any issues that required more than a level 2 irate but I am always prepared to go to war for good customer service. It is a shame that they say you cannot have apps when they have an APP WORLD. Foolishness!! Let 'em have it!!! They must have to tell you No once before they say yes...
    06-23-09 02:08 AM
    sounds like a crock full that they gave you.......just go see a different store or representative....some of them are complete idiots
    06-23-09 05:29 AM
    just do a wipe and bring it back
    06-23-09 08:10 AM
    I tend to believe people when they write these stories but I have to be honest here when I say that I think that this one is completely made up. All 3 of the items listed are in Appworld and while VZW may not support them they still support your device. That being said if the problems you are having directly relate to a program you have on your phone then you should be dealing with the softwares support center.
    06-23-09 08:33 AM
    Dumb of them but did ya just delete them and go back?

06-23-09 08:55 AM
    How could they blame a hardware issue (stuck back button) on Apps u DL from App World?

06-23-09 09:01 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD