[B]Version 1.3 has been released.

Im giving away 25 free copies, check out here: Wallpaper Changer - Entertainment Blackberry Software

Make sure after applying the code that the total shows up as $0.00

Use code: wc13free

---------------------

Thanks to all my testers I have now completed and released Wallpaper Changer v1.0

Description:

Tired of the same old wallpaper on your Blackberry? Wallpaper Changer will automatically change your wallpaper at pre-set times, or set your own custom schedule!

Rotates images from your devices internal memory or SD memory card.

Features:
    • Supports JPG, TIF, PNG, & BMP format picture files.
    • Low battery usage, won't drain your battery.
    • Customizable rotation times.
    • Option to rotate in order or randomly.
    • Smart media detection, when mass storage mode is enabled and Blackberry is plugged into computer via USB wallpaper changing is stopped and then safely resumes once unplugged.
    • Lightweight, simple and efficient, not bloated with extra un-needed functions.
    • Automatic start up after battery pull or device reset.

Required

OS 4.7 and above, including the Storm, and devices running those unofficial higher OSs

On sale now for only $1.99

Download the trial version/purchase here: Wallpaper Changer - Entertainment Blackberry Software
    For more information including screenshots visit: ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Home
    or from your mobile: ShaoSoft - Mobile

Any questions feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Shao128; 11-16-09 at 03:30 PM.
    06-22-09 05:47 PM
    Highly recommend. I beta tested this app on my Storm.

Very easy to set up, simple and functional.

Edit: also much cheaper at $1.99 than other programs that do the same thing.
    Last edited by michaelwpg; 06-22-09 at 06:04 PM.
    06-22-09 06:01 PM
    Hm.. about to use the free trial. I'll see. If I like it, I'll buy
    06-22-09 06:29 PM
    Just downloaded the free trial and I get this error on my first attempt to launching it: "Error starting Rotate_1: Class 'net.rim.blackberry.api.homescreen.HomeScreen' not found.

Help?..

I have a Blackberry Bold 4.6.0.282
    06-22-09 06:32 PM
    Hmm, on my 8830 WE, I'm getting an error trying to start the app:

Error starting Rotate_1: Class 'net.rim.blackberry.api.homescreen.HomeScreen' not found.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 06:35 PM
    Sorry guys only works with OS 4.7 and above. Youll get that error trying to run it on an OS below that.
    06-22-09 06:40 PM
    Ah okay. That sucks :P

My poor dysfunctional 8830. He shall be gone once the Tour arrives.

06-22-09 06:42 PM
    Ah okay. That sucks :P

My poor dysfunctional 8830. He shall be gone once the Tour arrives.

It works with the Tour
    06-22-09 06:51 PM
    It works with the Tour
    Good. :P

I can't wait. I love my BB, but it's very limited. The Tour looks great!

06-22-09 06:53 PM
    sounds decent, but im too cheap and most wallpapers wont match my theme (winOS7)
    06-22-09 06:54 PM
    to bad i already have visualarts and another wallpaper shuffle app.
    06-22-09 07:13 PM
    I've been getting a few questions about the requirements of OS 4.7 and above. RIM only opened up the required API in OS 4.7, so unfortunately it will not work on OS 4.6 and below.

But the good news is and what I was trying to elude to in the requirements is that it works on OS 5.0. I have tested it on both the 8900/9000 running 5.0.0.100. Hope that clears some questions up
    Last edited by Shao128; 06-23-09 at 09:04 AM.
    06-23-09 08:48 AM
    I'm giving away 50 free copies of the app now, hurry and you can get the free code here: Wallpaper Changer (for OS 4.7+) – 50 Free Copies! | BerryReview.com �
    06-24-09 11:17 AM
    This is a great app. It runs on my bold (OS5.0) flawlessly.

I cycle about ~25 wallpapers and it keeps themes fresh and fun.

I should have gotten this app sooner rather than paying for a new theme.

Thanks Shao!
    07-02-09 12:27 PM
    PRobably one of the best working applications I have used. Flawless! A+ Shao
    07-06-09 11:35 AM
    Version 1.1 has been released. Just some minor tweaks to the code. Also the main options screen how has a button to cycle to the next wallpaper and it will show a preview of the current wallpaper.

Also on sale for 99c today
    Wallpaper Changer - Entertainment Blackberry Software
    09-04-09 10:30 AM
    Wallpaper Changer 1.2 has been released and is a free upgrade for existing users

Also the free Lite version has been updated to 1.2 as well Wallpaper Changer Lite - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    Last edited by Shao128; 11-08-09 at 09:22 AM.
    11-08-09 09:18 AM
    Hi Shao, what's the change log for 1.2?

The 1.1 of WP Lite was a little buggy for me.
    I don't know if it was those 3 new lines of code you added to have it run in the background or not, but it seemed to have a mind of its own.

Again these are issues with v 1.1 Lite:

Issue #1: when I had 1.0 installed but hadn't selected a folder yet, it did nothing. 1.1 chose a random spot in my Photos to start auto-rotating photos.

Issue #2: the app also interfered with other background apps. I use BerryWeather with 3 cities listed. I upgraded WP Lite to 1.1 at 130pm pst Friday and 2 of the 3 were frozen as they were at that day/time. I had QuickPull set for the middle of the night and that didn't fix it. I deleted and re-added the cities and still no fix. I tried a battery pull and nothing.
    Only after I deleted WP Lite, rebooted, and then deleted and re-added the cities did it work again! Very weird!

Any thoughts?

In reference to Issue #1, I would recommend adding a Enabled/Disabled drop-down box?

11-08-09 12:16 PM
    the lite version doesnt save settings after a restart and doesnt initialize without me going into the app then clicking background upon a fresh restart.
    11-10-09 01:03 PM
    the lite version doesnt save settings after a restart and doesnt initialize without me going into the app then clicking background upon a fresh restart.
    Unfortunately, there's 2 threads on this...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/fre...3/#post4053478
    Shao said he's now fixed your issue, so try the updated version at the original link.
    11-10-09 01:41 PM
    Wallpaper Changer 1.2 has been released and is a free upgrade for existing users

Also the free Lite version has been updated to 1.2 as well Wallpaper Changer Lite - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    i updated my pay version to 1.2, and the app no longer appears in the app changer menu. is it still running in the background?
    11-10-09 03:19 PM
    i updated my pay version to 1.2, and the app no longer appears in the app changer menu. is it still running in the background?
    The timer is still running in the background and executes when the rotation time is up. I had many requests to remove the icon in the task switcher.
    11-12-09 05:14 PM
    Shao great product, working on anything that'll change the landscape wallpaper?
    11-13-09 06:14 AM
    The timer is still running in the background and executes when the rotation time is up. I had many requests to remove the icon in the task switcher.

yeah, i noticed its still working. thanks!
    11-13-09 06:54 AM
    I have also a paid version and upgraded to 1.2.
    I had a question, does the app work even after a restart because i dont find it rotating my walls when i do a restart of the phone.
    I previously in 1.1 would use a StartME application to automatically run this but now since there is no icon in the Application switcher i cannot assign this for StartMe. Help Please.
    11-15-09 10:47 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD