I hope this is the right place to pose this question. I was torn between posting this question in this or the business forum.

My husband has a PC at work, a personal Mac laptop ( that he takes and prefers to use at work) and a blackberry. My husbands office uses an Outlook calendar, which hubby had never used in the past. Their project management is pretty much non-existent. He primarily uses the calendar because he hasn't found any project management that he likes that will be EASY to use with both PC, Mac and Blackberry. I suggested the solution to his problem may be a web based program. In doing research I found RexMatrix, RexConnect, ToDoMatrix, IdeaMatrix, etc? I was curious if any of you have used any of these and if you liked them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

REXwireless: BlackBerry Software Applications for Individual Personal Productivity
    06-22-09 12:58 PM
    Wow no one uses this????

I'm disappointed I thought these products looked like a good alternative for my husbands Mac, PC, Blackberry, project management issues.

Anyone know of a good web based project management system tha works great on blackberrys, macs and pcs?
    06-25-09 07:42 AM
    I am a new user of ToDoMatrix, and I think it's wonderful. It's very easy to create, organize and update projects and tasks from your blackberry, and for $2/month you can also sign up for web access if you need to also see your tasks online. It really helps to have your to-do list with you all the time, so that you never forget to add something--that's why I think a Blackberry-based to-do manager works better than one you have to access from your computer.

I love the fact that it backs up OTA, so you don't have to plug in to sync your tasks between devices, as you would if you used the built-in Blackberry tasks. (I also hear that ToDoMatrix will grab tasks from Blackberry Tasks. That's useful for people who need to sync their BB with Outlook, which uses the built-in BB tasks.)

I have spent a month investigating various to-do options, and I settled very happily on ToDoMatrix. It's very easy to see a hierarchy of tasks, it's easy to sort them or manually drag to rearrange them, and you can set timers, delegate tasks, and use GTD or Franklin Covey-style folder/labeling systems (which I don't use). The only thing it doesn't do is create dependent tasks, but I suspect they'll add this feature in a future upgrade. Is the best I've seen. And the developers are really attentive and active, unlike some others who seem to let their products go unattended. And there's a pretty active community around ToDoMatrix which keeps it alive.

I'm using ToDoMatrix in combination with Timr (timesheet app) which is $10/95/month, to track timesheets and tasks through the Blackberry. In the time I've been using it, I feel a LOT less stress than the old way I tried to manage myself.

My partner is able to access my tasks and timesheets from his computer via the ToDoMatrix website and the Timr website, so I love the fact that we're always in communication on projects in real time.

I am still in the trial period for RexConnect. I can see how it would be useful if you used your BB as your main telephone, but I use our office phone, so I haven't really found much need for it yet. Most of my tasks come in via email, and ToDoMatrix already has a way to "inject" an email directly into ToDoMatrix as a task. So I may not purchase RexConnect.

Hope this helps!
    07-07-09 09:12 AM
    By the way, I'm also primarily a Mac user, and the Blackberry doesn't seem to sync nearly as well with the Mac. So these OTA solutions like ToDoMatrix and Timr are perfect for me.
    07-07-09 09:13 AM
    By the way, I'm also primarily a Mac user, and the Blackberry doesn't seem to sync nearly as well with the Mac. So these OTA solutions like ToDoMatrix and Timr are perfect for me.
    So do you mean you are not syncing anything back to the Mac at all ? Just wondering as I am also looking for a multi-platform--re. Mac and BB--calendar and task solution. Thanks
    07-07-09 05:41 PM
    After weeks of trying to figure out how to do a free OTA sync of calendars and contacts between Mac, Blackberry and Google, here's what I've come up with, which is working great:

- I sync apple contacts with google contacts using a guide I found online
    (sorry, I can't post links yet, but google "how-to-enable-mac-address-book-syncing-with-googles-gmail-contacts-without-an-iphone-or-mac" - it requires that you open iSync before each sync though)

- I used a google guide to sync the Mac calendar with google calendar:

- I use google sync to sync blackberry with google

- I use ToDoMatrix for tasks. That does an OTA sync up to their site which I can access online. This is the one item I will have to purchase, but I haven't found anything better or easier.

This setup means I can access my calendar, contacts, and tasks from my blackberry, my laptop, or any other computer. It's working very well so far. I'll do a blog post about it on my site at stewartdesignweb dot com soon.
    Last edited by graphicdsgnr; 07-07-09 at 06:25 PM.
    07-07-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD