I use my storm as an alarm clock and when I get a facebook message or notification that someone added me as a friend it launches the bb facebook app. This app is bright and wakes up my wife.
    I have the phone set on phone calls only. How can I stop this app from loading? I just want to see the messages in my message box.
    Thanks
    Steve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 12:40 AM
    I use my storm as an alarm clock and when I get a facebook message or notification that someone added me as a friend it launches the bb facebook app. This app is bright and wakes up my wife.
    I have the phone set on phone calls only. How can I stop this app from loading? I just want to see the messages in my message box.
    Thanks
    Steve

So when the notification comes in it automatically launches the app without you touching your phone? This is odd, it has never happened to me. Have you double checked your settings? Whenever I get a FB notification it just shows the red asterisk over the app, but doesnt open.
    06-22-09 01:02 AM
    Wow.

I wish my app would automatically launch itself.

06-22-09 07:13 AM
    Mine's doing the same thing on my Tour. Very annoying. Anybody figure this out?

09-07-09 07:46 PM
    Yea, I want mine to auto launch but I cant figure out how to do it.
    09-07-09 07:56 PM
    I think you aren't properly closing the app. If the FB app is running in the background, it will open every time you receive a notification.

09-07-09 08:50 PM
    Mine's doing the same thing on my Tour. Very annoying. Anybody figure this out?

Same here. Started doing it late last week and also is auto launching on my wife's 8330.
    09-07-09 08:51 PM
    Same here it s launching automaticly so annoying
    09-08-09 01:15 AM
    Uninstall it if need be. Turn the device upside down to cover the screen so it does not wake the wife up.
    09-08-09 05:52 AM
    This only happens if you have FB running in the background like dizzle24 said. If you close it out completely, Menu > Close from the "Status" stream page you will only get a notification but if you are using the End Call key it keeps the application open in the background and AFAIK there's no disabling it from auto opening.
    09-08-09 10:20 AM
    I think you aren't properly closing the app. If the FB app is running in the background, it will open every time you receive a notification.

if you dont actually hit menu then close, the app stays open in the backround and when you get a new fb message it will auto launch. to avoid this make sure you close fb out completley.
    09-08-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD